Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Racing: Leopardstown, Kempton, Chepstow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I don't think it is terrible bet tbh.

The horse is serious monster and if there were no fences he would beat them a street. I still have my doubt that Pencilfulloflead will actually run, his price is huge and he is entered in the Leopardstown 3 mile on Tuesday.

If Asterion Forlonge can get his jumping sorted he could be some yoke. When he won the novice hurdle last February at Leopardstown my jaw fell off, he has a serious engine. He has already stuffed 17 other horses over fences, he should be winning it.

Moron ,honestly I stopped reading after you said " if there were no fences he would beat them a street "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

akelly02 wrote: »
    Moron ,honestly I stopped reading after you said " if there were no fences he would beat them a street "

He is quirky, reminds me of Yorkhill, who jumped left if I remember correctly.

I still reckon he has only himself to beat, albeit Pencilfullofhead looks v good. Paul Townend's only ride, I have seen worse 11/8 shots. His price is about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

I still reckon he has only himself to beat, albeit Pencilfullofhead looks v good. Paul Townend's only ride, I have seen worse 11/8 shots. His price is about right.

But saying about having no fences is ridiculous. Getabird got beat In this race , I think the same will happen this lad

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

If I remember 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shan Blue
    Clan Des Obeaux
    6 pts Double

Top Moon 2:50 Leop
    2pts e/W single

One Cool Poet 1:40 Leop
    2pts win

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hawkhead70

Jonjo O’Neill Jr has one ride on Stephen’s day in the last at kempton for his dad. Dream Berry who has previous course form @ 20/1 looks worth having few quid each way on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Bloody weather warning for wind and rain for entire country tomorrow
    . For fupps sakes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Bloody weather warning for wind and rain for entire country tomorrow
    . For fupps sakes!!!!

Think the really bad stuff is not due to hit Dublin until 3pmish so racing should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Polished steel and Muster Lovea Lovea singles and e w double at leop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

quotes ahead of the big race

1 of 1
    By James Burn
    UPDATED 6:28PM, DEC 25 2020

3.00 Kempton
    Ladbrokes King George VI Chase (Grade 1) | 3m | 4yo+ | ITV/RTV
    Clan the man again?

Legendary pair Kauto Star and Desert Orchid are the most famous examples of how the King George can play to the strengths of those trained for a repeat win in the race, and Clan Des Obeaux's two victories in Britain's best Grade 1 chase outside the Cheltenham Festival place him in elite company.

A third triumph will mean he equals Wayward Lad, with only Kauto (five wins) and Dessie (four) ahead. There is every chance it will come off and the stats provide compelling evidence.

Owned by trainer Paul Nicholls' landlord Paul Barber, his yard sponsor Ged Mason and Manchester United great Sir Alex Ferguson, Clan Des Obeaux, who lost little when second to Haydock ace Bristol De Mai in the Betfair Chase a month ago, went chasing in 2016 and is unbeaten on the second start of each season since, while he is 4-7 on right-handed tracks against 2-12 the other way round.

Clan Des Obeaux (Sam Twiston-Davies) and Paul Nicholls after winning the King George VI ChaseKempton 26.12.19 Pic: Edward Whitaker
    Sam Twiston-Davies and Paul Nicholls were reunited in glory thanks to Clan Des Obeaux's victory in the King George
    Edward Whitaker

His impressive King George romps support those figures and Nicholls, seeking an extraordinary 12th win in the race, said: "He had a little overreach when he trod on himself at the start at Haydock, but it was superficial and he's not missed any work at all – he's absolutely A1.

"He's come out of the race well and it was probably a career-best for him first time out. It was a good run and I've been very happy with everything since.

"I think he was fairly ready for Haydock. The run might have brought him on a little bit, but the heavy ground beat him more than fitness that day."
    'Cyrname needs to be fit and fresh – and he is'

Cyrname looked to have the world at his feet when defeating the mighty Altior in last season's epic 1965 Chase at Ascot, but that effort left a mark and things began to unravel when he headed to the King George as Nicholls' first string on jockey bookings and the market.

Harry Cobden's mount had no answer to stablemate Clan Des Obeaux, who will again be joined on Saturday by Sam Twiston-Davies.

Read a selection of our Boxing Day tipping . . .

A horror fall in February's Ascot Chase was another negative step, but Nicholls, as is so often the case, worked his magic and Cyrname was an easy winner of the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby this autumn, delivering a performance in line with the BHA handicapper's assessment that he is Britain's leading chaser.

"I'm very happy with him," said the 11-time champion trainer. "He needs to be fresh, which he was when he won the Charlie Hall. That was just what we wanted and he's had a nice gap since.

"He's very well and I'm happy with his prep, which is completely different from last year, and that will be a big plus for him. He needs to be very fresh and very fit, and that's exactly where he is."
    Santini 'sharper' for Kempton test

Nicky Henderson has received some flak for the way he has campaigned stable star Altior this term, but the champion trainer threw a curveball this week when Santini, owned by Richard and Lizzie Kelvin-Hughes, was supplemented for the King George at a cost of £5,000.

That sum will hardly break the bank, but it was a bold move and one not necessarily on the first page of the Seven Barrows training manual, especially as Kempton has never been considered an ideal track for the Cheltenham Gold Cup second.

Billy Aprahamian feels the power of the strapping Santini on Nicky Henderson's Lambourn gallops
    Billy Aprahamian feels the power of the strapping Santini on Nicky Henderson's Lambourn gallops
    Edward Whitaker / racingpost.com/photos

His third to La Bague Au Roi and Topofthegame on this card's Kauto Star Novices' Chase two years ago was a fine effort, however, and the strapping eight-year-old will likely strip fitter from his second in the Many Clouds Chase, when low sun meant nine of the 19 fences were omitted – something that will have compromised Santini's claims given his accurate jumping.

Henderson, a King George winner with Long Run (2010 and 2012) and Might Bite (2017), said: "I'd love Santini to win, of course, but there's really nothing else for him to do. He thrives on work and racing. He loves it.

"He wants plenty of racing and he was very sharp when we schooled him on Wednesday morning – much sharper than he was before Aintree. If he wasn't racing he'd get bored. The next possible race for him is the Cotswold Chase at the end of January, and there's no reason he can't run there too."

Santini needs to finish fifth or better to cover the £5,000 entry fee in the prestigious Grade 1, which boasts a prize pot of £204,000.
    Far from a lost cause

This winter has not been the most fruitful for the Colin Tizzard outfit and the heavy defeat of the yard's leading horse Lostintranslation in Haydock's Betfair Chase last month was not what connections anticipated.

Tizzard, his son and assistant Joe, and the trainer's late daughter Kim Gingell, who died of cancer in May, have built the stable into one of Britain's most capable and they are banking on kinder conditions at Kempton rejuvenating the talented eight-year-old.

Lostintranslation oozed class in last year's Betfair Chase before flopping in the King George and then rebounding with a smart third to Al Boum Photo in the Gold Cup.

"He should have his perfect ground," said Joe Tizzard. "He seems in lovely form since Haydock. That was a flat run and we think it was mainly due to the ground.

"This looks a competitive King George, but on the form of his Gold Cup run he'd definitely be in the mix. We think he's in great nick at home and, as he's got his ground now, we're really looking forward to running him."
    What they say

Tom George, trainer of Black Op
    His run at Carlisle was good and he was going into unknown territory in the Ladbrokes Trophy and didn't see the trip out. He was second in the Kauto Star a year ago and he's beaten a few of these at one time or another, including Lostintranslation when he won his Grade 1 at Aintree. He's an outsider, but he's a very good horse and we think he's worth his chance.

Paul Nicholls, trainer of Frodon and Real Steel
    Frodon always runs well at Kempton but has got it to do on all known form. He'll give a good account of himself and you can put a line through his last run when they took out the jumps at Aintree because of the low sun, which was a waste of time for him. Real Steel had to give weight to everything in the 1965 Chase, which was his first run of the season and first for us. He ran well and will improve for that run. He has to improve on form but could run into a place.

Harry Whittington, trainer of Saint Calvados
    He would have run in the Betfair Chase but for a leg infection the week before and he's trained well since. It's a new trip, but Kempton's three miles will be easier then Haydock's three miles and a furlong, and we ride him very differently these days to how we used to. Although he hasn't run since Cheltenham, he's very easy to get fit and he's won first time out every season for us and before that in France, although not in a race of this calibre obviously. He's schooled really well and I'm very happy with him.

Ruth Jefferson, trainer of Waiting Patiently
    He's very well. We took him for an away-day and Brian Hughes has been very happy with his schooling. We couldn't see a lot of races before Kempton that weren't getting too close to the King George and I think he's going there in as good a form as he did two years ago. He's shown he's fast enough for two miles and I can't guarantee he'll stay, but he's won on bottomless ground at Ascot over two-miles-five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Going to keep it simple tomorrow with a trixie of El Barra, Felix Desjy & Asterion Forlonge!

Can't see past Clan Des Obeaux in the King George.
    Polished steel and Muster Lovea Lovea singles and e w double at leop

On Musta Lovea Lovea 33s too!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Singles and doubles on Asterion Forlonge and Cyrname

Singles also on The Big Breakaway at Kempton and Top Bandit in the bumper at Leopardstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wetherby 3:13 - Suggestion is a 3 time course and distance winner here and runs at 15lb below its mark last time it won. Has two recent runs under its belt and was won this same race two years ago. 12/1 looks a very big price to me, going to go in on this straight has it has been an unreliable sort recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Big Debates 8/1 15.07 Limerick tomorrow for me .

Cyrname to jump the lungs outta them.

• Advertisement

Hawkhead70 wrote: »
    Jonjo O’Neill Jr has one ride on Stephen’s day in the last at kempton for his dad. Dream Berry who has previous course form @ 20/1 looks worth having few quid each way on

NR now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Kempton card is dire and the KG certainly doesn't give me an erection either so one to watch. If you gave me a tenner I'd have it on Lostintranslation at the prices, he'll pop up soon for a big one.

Leopardstown the place to be and where the winners will be found. Going to have a look through those handicaps now, but always remember; there can only be one winner.

Severance in the first at kempton.

Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

TQ VIEW 'Best Bet': 2.55 Wolverhampton: LORD HALIFAX (e/w) - This Charlie Fellowes 4 year-old returned to a good level of form last time at Kempton, when a fine second, and with that run coming off the back of a wind operation and after 2 months off the track can be expected to come on again.

TQ VIEW 'Each-Way': No selection today.
    last updated 11:11 26/12/2020
    Trainers runners and Past quotes
    Sort by: Date/Time | Trainer

Gary Moore

Il Re Di Nessuno
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    12:40, Kempton Park
    DEC Odds: 85 (Betfair Exc)

Has it all to do really here on these terms. Nice horse, but has had his issues, hence not being on the track since Dec 18! Nice to get going again with him though but just hoping for a nice clear round and go from there.
    Jamie Snowden

Early Morning Rain
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    12:59, Wincanton
    DEC Odds: 13 (Betfair Exc)

Early Morning Rain has won a bumper, and two novice hurdles. She was a good 2nd on chasing debut and was 4th in a Listed contest on her latest start. This looks a touch easier than that, but its still a tight and competitive event. Placed chance again.
    Ed Dunlop

Red Verdon
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    14:20, Wolverhampton
    DEC Odds: 21 (Betfair Exc)

He ran a very good race last time pout at Chelmsford and was unfortunately beaten by the fact he almost carried a stone more than anything else in the race. This run is to help aim him toward the All Weather Championships final and we have put 3lb claimer Dylan Hogan on board to try and take some weight off his back. He is in good form at home and should run a nice race.
    Robin Dickin

Scorched Earth
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    14:55, Wolverhampton
    DEC Odds: 110 (Betfair Exc)

Has shown bits of form in the past - winning over hurdles and on the flat in Ireland. Yet to sparkle for us from two runs though and only 3lbs lower than when well down the field at Southwell last time. Therefore, goes without saying we need to see more on the track before being more confident.
    Charlie Fellowes

Lord Halifax
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    14:55, Wolverhampton
    DEC Odds: 5.5 (Betfair Exc)

Lord Halifax bounced back to form last time out (2nd) having had a wind operation. Sharp 12 furlongs should be fine and he is well drawn. Should go well if coming forward from that nice run last time out.
    Henry Oliver

Kchou Du Pecos Aa
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    15:13, Wetherby
    DEC Odds: 40 (Betfair Exc)

Well down the field on first run back at Hereford last month, but that was his first run after a wind operation and also his first for a while. Dropped 4lbs for that and seems to have come out of that race well. The drop back in trip will also help as he seemed to stop quickly last time and clearly didn't see out the trip. Is certainly better than that last showing, so small e/w chance, but really just be happy with a better showing to give us something to build on.

Amarillo Star
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    15:30, Wolverhampton
    DEC Odds: 12 (Betfair Exc)

Amarillo Star finished 5th last time out but that is half the story as he was beaten less than a length and flying at the death having missed the break. Step up to an easy 7 furlongs should suit well and he is well drawn.

Distingo
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    15:35, Kempton Park
    DEC Odds: 18 (Betfair Exc)

Ran well at Kempton last time out when 4th so handles the track well. Gets in here off the same mark but in this better race also has a low weight so that will help. Well at home, but I'd say only a small e/w chance in is clearly a better race than he ran in last time.

Diddly Do
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    15:50, Wincanton
    DEC Odds: 30 (Betfair Exc)

Diddly Do is out of a sister to the useful Sgt Reckless, and is making her debut here today. She goes well at home and has been away for a racecourse gallop in the spring. All of our bumper horses this season have run well, but the majority have been placed on their debuts. She is a currently too big a price in my opinion.

Tony's Nap: Chez Castel Mail 2.10 Wincanton Chez Castel Mail has been a highly-regarded if fragile member of the Ali Stronge team for a while now. He finally gets a chance to run in a handicap and starts on what looks like a winning mark.

Tony NB: Aldrich Bay 1.45 Wolverhampton Aldrich Bay bolted in at Lingfield. His 12lb rise will not be easily defied especially over a shorter trip but William Knight has a great belief in his ability.
    11:50, Wetherby
    Kim Bailey
    Hollymount Holly
    Dec Odds: 2.88 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Hollymount Holly has had an interrupted preparation, but clearly on last season's form she should be placed.

Warren Greatrex
    Timeless Beauty
    Dec Odds: 18 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Timeless Beauty has pleased me on both her runs to date and she should progress again today. It's great to have Adrian back.

Harry Whittington
    Cateline
    Dec Odds: 55 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Cateline showed glimpses of promise in bumpers but her debut over hurdles was modest enough. She will need to have improved a good deal to figure in this strong mares' race.

Fergal O'Brien
    Tequila Blaze
    Dec Odds: 5.7 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Tequila Blaze is in great form and put up a lovely race on her comeback at Lingfield. We are very hopeful that she can make the first three again.

12:20, Wetherby
    Ben Pauling
    Eau Top
    Dec Odds: 6.2 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Eau Top has not been disgraced in either run since going over fences. A longer trip and Dave Bass on board could bring the necessary improvement to get a first chase win.

Micky Hammond
    Commanding Spirit
    Dec Odds: 30 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Our two runners in this handicap could run okay for much of the race but are likely to find winning it beyond their capabilities. Also the ground will be too soft for Commanding Spirit.

Micky Hammond
    Trimmers Lane
    Dec Odds: 70 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Like Commanding Spirit, Trimmers Lane is a little over-faced in this and is 5lb wrong at the weights. He needs to run and hopefully this will help set him up for something more winnable in the New Year.

12:25, Wincanton
    Fergal O'Brien
    Merry Berry
    Dec Odds: 320 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Merry Berry did well to finish third in a bumper but was well beaten on hurdling debut. Like Dolly she will need to find her own grade before she can find the winner's enclosure.

Harry Whittington
    Shore Shanty
    Dec Odds: 4.2 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Shore Shanty ran with promise on both her bumper starts and collected first time over hurdles. Carrying her penalty will not be easy but she must be the one to beat and I'm looking forward to seeing her run.

Fergal O'Brien
    Dolly McQueen
    Dec Odds: 190 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Dolly McQueen seems to jump okay, but we expect she will need to be finding her level. Until she can run in her own grade she is unlikely to get anywhere near the winner's enclosure.

12:40, Kempton Park
    Ben Pauling
    Severance
    Dec Odds: 13.5 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    After his excellent hurdles debut at Carlisle, it was disappointing that Severance performed with so little sparkle last time at Haydock. It seems fair to give him another chance and I wouldn't be surprised if he went close on this track.

12:53, Wetherby
    Kim Bailey
    Imperial Icon
    Dec Odds: 4.4 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Imperial Icon just got up on the line last time at Hereford to gain his first career win. Up 6lb for that, he has a great chance of following up as the more testing track should suit him much better than Hereford.

Micky Hammond
    Kildrum
    Dec Odds: 90 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Kildrum joined us recently from Ireland where he had only modest form. He will need to make a big improvement on that and on what we've seen at home to be competitive.

Micky Hammond
    Raddle And Hum
    Dec Odds: 18 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Raddle And Hum was runner-up in this race 12 months ago. She needed her comeback run on the track a couple of months back but is much sharper now and I think she has a great each-way chance today.

13:15, Kempton Park
    Ben Pauling
    Oistrakh Le Noir
    Dec Odds: 44 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Oistrakh Le Noir was a high-class juvenile hurdler three seasons ago but his career has been badly interrupted with injury. He needed his recent run and now turns to chasing. It will be interesting to see where he is at this stage of his comeback.

13:45, Wolverhampton
    William Knight
    Aldrich Bay
    Dec Odds: 2.68 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    We're taking the chance to run Aldrich Bay for a last time in this grade even though his new mark takes him some way above the ceiling. We're dropping him back two furlongs, but he's not lacking in speed and we're also taking 5lb off. He has a good draw and should be very hard to beat.

14:05, Wetherby
    Nicky Richards
    Guitar Pete Non runner
    Dec Odds: 17.5 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Non-runner

Charlie Longsdon
    Snow Leopardess
    Dec Odds: 4.93 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    This is a tough race but Snow Leopardess showed at Haydock that she is up to a battle. She has been raised 9lb but she goes in the ground and stays so she must have her chance in a competitive affair.

Kim Bailey
    Wandrin Star
    Dec Odds: 17.55 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Wandrin Star ran very well last time at Ascot on his seasonal comeback. He's 4lb higher for that but a repeat performance would give him place chances in this tough handicap chase.

14:10, Wincanton
    Charlie Longsdon
    Guetapan Collonges
    Dec Odds: 9.6 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Guetapan Collonges will need to settle a bit better han he has in his races to date. If he does I think he will have an each-way chance in this first handicap.

14:10, Wincanton
    Ali Stronge
    Chez Castel Mail
    Today's TQ View
    Dec Odds: 12 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Chez Castel Mail is a very nice horse but one that has been plagued with niggly problems throughout his career. He has plenty of ability though and he starts handicapping off what seems to be an attractive mark Fingers crossed for a big run.

14:20, Wolverhampton
    Ian Williams
    Lucky's Dream
    Dec Odds: 27 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    On the face of it Lucky's Dream might appeaer to be a little up against it from 2lb out of the handicap. He was a couple of lengths behind Big Country last time but was ridden from well behind while the winner had an easy lead. He could turn things around ridden more prominently today.

14:40, Wetherby
    Micky Hammond
    Elysees
    Dec Odds: 42 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Elysees joined us from Fergal O'Brien before his latest race when he was among the also-rans. He might outrun his odds a little today without perhaps quite getting into the money.

14:40, Wetherby
    Micky Hammond
    Kayf Adventure
    Dec Odds: 36 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Kayf Adventure has had a wind-op since his disappointing seasonal return. He will need to have derived great benefit from it to challenge for a race as deep as this.

14:45, Wincanton
    Warren Greatrex
    Miss Honey Ryder
    Dec Odds: 26 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Miss Honey Ryder has come down a little in the handicap. She has been in fine form at home and we are trying first-time cheek-pieces to help bring out the necessary improvement.

15:00, Kempton Park
    Harry Whittington
    Saint Calvados
    Dec Odds: 20 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Saint Calvados would have run in the Betfair Chase but for a leg infection the week before but has trained well since. Kempton's three miles should be within his range and we ride him differently nowadays so that will help him get the trip. He's not run since Cheltenham in March, but he's always won first time out for us and also previously in France though obviously never in a race of this calibre. He's schooled really well and I'm very happy with him.

Micky Hammond
    Applaus
    Dec Odds: 11 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Applaus has run two great races so far but he's creeping up the weights and actually went up 5lb more for his last second at Carlisle. Probably place chances realistically.

Fergal O'Brien
    Naizagai
    Dec Odds: 6.6 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Naizagai is consistent but the suspicion remains that he's probably better going right-handed. Hopefully the application of a hood will help and certainly place chances again.

Ian Williams
    Ocean Voyage
    Dec Odds: 60 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Ocean Voyage has yet to figure in either race since joining us this season. He has come down in the weights and hopefully can start to show some of his better form of a couple of years ago in Ireland.

15:19, Wincanton
    Warren Greatrex
    Another Emotion
    Dec Odds: 15.5 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Another Emotion is dropping back in trip and we are putting the headgear on. He will be going from the front at a strong gallop hopefully from start to finish which should suit him well.

15:30, Wolverhampton
    Ian Williams
    Sir Maximilian
    Dec Odds: 34 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Sir Maximilian has been suffering from poor draws around Chelmsford in races where the pace has been too pedestrian to enable him to get anywhere near the front. It could well be a different story around here in which case his extravagant odds look be very attractive.

Ben Pauling
    Whatsupwithyou
    Dec Odds: 13 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Whatsupwithyou ran a blinder at Cheltenham although on that track it might have been better if Luca could have held on to him a little longer. Even with a 5lb higher mark, he has to be one of the prime contenders in another very hot contest.

Fergal O'Brien
    Jarveys Plate
    Dec Odds: 30 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Jarveys Plate has plenty of talent and is in very good order. We're trying front-running tactics in an attempt to rekindle his form and he could either be first or last depending on whether it suits him!

Ben Pauling
    Tel'Art
    Dec Odds: 50 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Tel'Art had a good summer and although out of the money the last twice, he always does his running. A decent back-up to Whatsupwithyou.

Hughie Morrison
    Scanning
    Dec Odds: 7.8 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Scanning is a little neurotic and by no means another Supermouse who won this so impressively a year ago and then had a fatal accident. He will find it hard to beat the favourite even if he overcomes his temperament.

Ben Pauling
    Mucho Mas
    Dec Odds: 15 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Mucho Mas is a nice three-year-old by Fame And Glory. He is shaping well but this is usually a very hot bumper and we'll be delighted with a run in the frame.

Fergal O'Brien
    Nothin To Ask
    Dec Odds: 14 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Nothin To Ask goes well and is in good order. The fact he has had experience in Irish points will be to his advantage but clearly the favourite will take some beating.

17:05, Wolverhampton
    Brian Meehan
    Sweet Bertie
    Dec Odds: 4.4 (BetFair Exchange)
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    Sweet Bertie got a deserved first win last time and although nothing has run from his race to give it a boost I think he has a great chance of following up. He remains in good order and has a favourable draw.

Kens Tips

13:15, Kempton Park
    Ken Pitterson
    William H Bonney
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    This useful hurdler made an eye-catching debut over fences at Newbury recently when he did all his best work approaching the winning line. The step up in trip should be to his advantage and he has won off higher marks over hurdles. He should give a good account of himself at at E/W price.

13:50, Kempton Park
    Ken Pitterson
    The Big Breakaway
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    This good-looking type was one of the top novice hurdlers last season. He made a good debut at Cheltenham over fences winning with a ton in hand. The drop down in trip did not play to his strengths last time but I am sure this track and trip will see him return to his best.

15:00, Kempton Park
    Ken Pitterson
    Clan Des Obeaux
    Sat 26th Dec 2020
    This dual King George winner ran a fine comeback race when beaten at Haydock. We know he has all the qualites to take this event and I see no reason why he cannot make it a hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Just looking at the Leopardstown card and in the 1230, Dalileo. Look at his breeding - by Galileo out of Snow Queen. He was bred to win a Derby and here he is in a maiden hurdle :rolleyes:. Massive price too at 150/1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Have it in a double with the 1st winner at wetherby

Nice ride by Jody in Leop there.

Can watch the racing on Bet365 without a bet btw.

Someone's after getting a nice Christmas present in Limerick - wow! 150/1 around this morning.

Had that too. Great start to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Mon Mome, Labaik, Ballycallan Fame, Awkwafina. Christmas sorted, ta. Was always going to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

Think it's clear already that Willie is sending them undercooked at Christmas like last year. Getting them fit for January

That Zanahiyr looks a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Slattsy wrote: »
    The Kempton card is dire and the KG certainly doesn't give me an erection either so one to watch. If you gave me a tenner I'd have it on Lostintranslation at the prices, he'll pop up soon for a big one.

Leopardstown the place to be and where the winners will be found. Going to have a look through those handicaps now, but always remember; there can only be one winner.

What!?!? Ah, feck sake. Only one winner you say.

Brutal ride on Felix Desjy there, acca in the bin :rolleyes:

Absolutely delighted to see her bet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Delighted silver streak won. Deserved a big race win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Wide open Champion Hurdle now. You'll have 140 rated horses being fancied for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 St. Pat

Great ride by Brian Cooper. Delighted for him

Asterion down !

Mad aul day, probably means Frodon will win the King George. Jesus wept!

Mental day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Fancy Waiting Patiently in the King George at a price

Racing is f*cking gone to the dogs, what a load of ****e!

ITV will lose their minds

• Advertisement

Fair play to her.

Give out about her all you like, but she is a great jockey, especially over fences.

Fair phucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Coneygree wrote: »
    Mad aul day, probably means Frodon will win the King George. Jesus wept!

Shout

Well done to the best duo in racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fantastic front running ride from Byrony Frost on Frodon. Judged it to absolute perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Seconditus atm ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Every 3 mile chaser in England is dog **** al boum will win 3 in a row

LIT looks like he's gone at the game, CDO hated every minute and Cyrname never looked like he wanted to be there. Very odd running. Monalee would have hacked up.

Some ride. Hate listening to her but she was class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Holy Jayzus.....Will we ever hear the end of this

Got prep for the Gold Cup from Santini!

• Advertisement
Advertisement