Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing: Leopardstown, Kempton, Chepstow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Coneygree wrote: »
    I'm puzzled why they're running Fakir here tbh. He's only 5 and this time last year he was going toe to toe with Notebook over 2. Maybe the Ryanair is the long term goal but I still would love him to give the CC a crack and would have liked to see him race today rather than tomorrow. Skips over a fence beautifully and he's bound to have a tonne of improvement in him at the age. I'd be stunned if he was among the lot at the end, it'd be a training and horse performance of the decade. I like the horse so it would be a pleasant surprise amongst a lot of ****e this Christmas but I can't see it.

I'm shocked The Storyteller is in the Stayers hurdle rather than the Lexus. Jesus they were saying he deserves a go in the Gold Cup in March and after stuffing Percy and Delta Work he should have been given a chance here.

I thought I read that Gordon thinks The Storyteller will win the Stayers in March. The horse has a huge amount of class but never really gets the credit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    He's not wrong! Having a mare.

It’ll change today slatts keep the faith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

The Saviles is an absolute puzzle, promises to be race of the year, much better line up than many Gold Cups. I've decided to split the bet and go for Sam crow and Percy although you could make the case for the majority of them.

Samcro is still young and may come on over three miles, while Percy is an animal and going by Daveys comments on RTE yesterday seems to have settled with Elliot.

Took 12s for the Storyteller after beating many in the Saviles surely was over priced yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Heart says Percy
    Head says Minella Indo
    Jiminy Cricket whispering Allaho and Samcro

I dunno ta F*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I see Ronald Pump is a NR in the Christmas Hurdle.
    Cant have Fury Road at leopardstown and Sire Du Berlais gave the Storyteller 3lbs and a 1/2L beating in the Pertemps.
    Sire Du Berlais 7/4

The savilles is a headscratcher alright but sometimes its just easier to go with horses that have already proved themselves, so its Delta Work for me. 13/2 bet365 is an amazing price if you wanted ew but I've gone for the win

GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought Fury Road was the bet. That AB form is smoking hot and softer ground the better.

Sire Du Berlais will win the Stayers though, think he just wanted the ground a bit better.

Only bet at Limerick is Shady Operator. Third in the race last year off similar weight and having first run for Bolger. Everything points to a big run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I thought Fury Road was the bet. That AB form is smoking hot and softer ground the better.

Sire Du Berlais will win the Stayers though, think he just wanted the ground a bit better.

2 runs at leopardstown and been well beaten on both occasions. If it was at any other track he'd have a big say

gazza1 wrote: »
    2 runs at leopardstown and been well beaten on both occasions. If it was at any other track he'd have a big say

Fair comment. I think the ground was very quick last time so I'd be inclined to put a line through that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Delta work for me in Savilles ( what a cracking race it looks) and the 33/1 for gold cup just looks huge so taking that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Only bet at Limerick is Shady Operator. Third in the race last year off similar weight and having first run for Bolger. Everything points to a big run.

Moyhenna is in that race aswell should go well

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

12.05 Indigo Breeze
    12.40 Hoping The Bosses Oscar is just sent out for a light jog. Unexpected Depth for me who looked really good off heavy weight in Punchestown
    1.15 Ronald Pump was the bet but I think Fury Road should give SDB a good race.
    1.50 Rapid Response
    2.25 If ever there was a sit back and watch it race. Free bet on Samcro out of heart but I really don't mind what happens. Obviously would be great for Indo to win as it sets up well for March but you couldn't create a better trial in your head than what's here today. Hopefully no late withdrawals.
    3.00 No bet but will be interested to see how TBG gets on. Looks a 4 miler to me.
    3.35 Hamundarson

12.25 No bet. I've Farouk backed for the spuds race so I'm hoping he shows better than what he did LTO, the jumping being the big problem then.
    1.35 Inagh's Gift
    2.45 Scoir Mear
    3.20 Triplicate

There's been serious money for Allaho, yard must really fancy him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am backing Tou Est Permis at 80/1 4 places. I think he has a chance of a place and I have my doubts about a lot of the others at the prices. Gordon Elliott and Henry De Bromhead's yards have both had better Christmas's and I think the WPM runners have stamina doubts - except Kemboy.

I have had an ew bet on Hannon in the Pertemps qualifier as he will hate the ground and has stamina doubts but Tommy Gibney is simply riding handicaps up the hole and it has to have a chance at 25 /1 if he can do the trick.

Sempo in the Beginners chase too. He better stay on his feet this time.

The Limerick card looks like a complete clusterphuck - I had to have a ew bet on the Long Mile in the handicap chase because the Racing Post said it hadn't a hope, go figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I know I usually rip the piss out of Bacardy's, but I thought at 12/1 he deserves a change of luck and have backed him win only. He ran well behind Honeysuckle last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I know I usually rip the piss out of Bacardy's, but I thought at 12/1 he deserves a change of luck and have backed him win only. He ran well behind Honeysuckle last time.

I'm with you on this. That was a good run behind Honeysuckle that people are ignoring. Sire du Berlais and Storyteller are handicappers upped to graded company

Masterful second place from Cooper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hawkhead70

Masterful second place from Cooper there.

I found Walsh’s 6th place even more well judged

Hawkhead70 wrote: »
    I found Walsh’s 6th place even more well judged

This. I need a Tower Bridge replacement.

This. I need a Tower Bridge replacement.

16-1 with Hills best price

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »
    16-1 with Hills best price

Thought he'd have gone a little under the radar. Shorter than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Bapaume to roll back the years now hurdling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

there's the world hurdle winner

The Bosses Oscar form holding up well. Maybe he just wins the Pertemps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

1.50 righthereontime 16/1

Sire Du Berlais qualified nicely again...oh wait

Brutal ride on Fury Road by Flanagan, not that it would have mattered much anyway, very disappointing.

Sire Du Berlais qualified nicely again...oh wait

Brutal ride on Fury Road by Flanagan, not that it would have mattered much anyway, very disappointing.

Made to look very very silly alright.

Tommy Dowson got some kick on the head there at Catterick, from a horse coming from behind, after falling. Looked terrible..:eek: Apparently horse and jockey are okay..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Few wise guy Stayers backers had their bubbles burst just there!
    Their champion hurdle bubble will follow suit tomorrow

• Advertisement

Few wise guy Stayers backers had their bubbles burst just there!
    Their champion hurdle bubble will follow suit tomorrow

It was always Thistlecrack's to lose anyway :pac:

Advertisement