Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing: Leopardstown, Kempton, Chepstow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Coneygree wrote: »
    The Appreciate It form cast iron solid!

Rock solid. Impressive win there by Master Mcshee.

• Any idea what happened to N'Golo? finished stone last

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Christ Altior floating above odds on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Altior poor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

No wonder Henderson took the hump with Lydia Hislop. Spoofer he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I fancy Fitzhenry in the big handicap today. The horse defeated in this by the famous rooooaring buullll last year. I think he was the best horse last year but somewhat mugged. Disappointed last time after travelling smooth enough, I'm hoping it was on purpose and runs off 3lb higher than last year's run and should be thereabouts at 20/1.
    Ngolo is getting well supported this morning and with good reason. Was badly positioned as the race panned out last time and the tough finish should suit. Interested to see how Call me Lyreen adjusts to the step up in quality. Been impressive so far but I think 12or 14 is about right price wise , if I happen to get a bit bigger I might have a nibble. Both Ballyadam and appreciate it are good animals and should be at top of the market but they're not as much superior to the field as prices would suggest in my opinion.
    Jessie's horse in the beginners chase I've had a bet on at double figures going to get hit by a rule 4 but the 13/2 or 6/1 available is still worth a bet ew. Ran well at this meeting last year over hurdles finding one too good. Had a decent introduction last time behind 2 decent sorts. Few sloppy jumps but likely come on a bit for that and give the horses at the head of the market plenty to think about.
    At Kempton I've done a complete muggy bet. Skybet are going even money for peanuts on shiskin. I've put that stake on Gumball to win so if shiskin wins I'm level and If gumball wins I've a 6)1 winner, Can't see the other 2 involved. watch what happens :pac:
    Nube negra I was hugely impressed with early last season
    but then finished 2nd twice. Couldnt believe he was beaten by Rouge vif but he's franked the form since. Nube negra been given plenty of time to mature and Skelton's throwing him in here against a few big fish including the reopposing rouge vif. I think he knows the horse has improved a bundle. I've had small ew bet. Will have a look at the betting w/o and will prob go again.

Great shout! Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Altior finished, very poor

Altior finished, very poor

Finished strong enough tbh, just travelled like a real 10 and a half year old with plenty mileage in him.

Edit: Woops, missed the comma...yeah have to agree, will hardly come on much from that

• Thanks for the fond memories, Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I fancy Fitzhenry in the big handicap today. The horse defeated in this by the famous rooooaring buullll last year. I think he was the best horse last year but somewhat mugged. Disappointed last time after travelling smooth enough, I'm hoping it was on purpose and runs off 3lb higher than last year's run and should be thereabouts at 20/1.
    Ngolo is getting well supported this morning and with good reason. Was badly positioned as the race panned out last time and the tough finish should suit. Interested to see how Call me Lyreen adjusts to the step up in quality. Been impressive so far but I think 12or 14 is about right price wise , if I happen to get a bit bigger I might have a nibble. Both Ballyadam and appreciate it are good animals and should be at top of the market but they're not as much superior to the field as prices would suggest in my opinion.
    Jessie's horse in the beginners chase I've had a bet on at double figures going to get hit by a rule 4 but the 13/2 or 6/1 available is still worth a bet ew. Ran well at this meeting last year over hurdles finding one too good. Had a decent introduction last time behind 2 decent sorts. Few sloppy jumps but likely come on a bit for that and give the horses at the head of the market plenty to think about.
    At Kempton I've done a complete muggy bet. Skybet are going even money for peanuts on shiskin. I've put that stake on Gumball to win so if shiskin wins I'm level and If gumball wins I've a 6)1 winner, Can't see the other 2 involved. watch what happens :pac:
    Nube negra I was hugely impressed with early last season
    but then finished 2nd twice. Couldnt believe he was beaten by Rouge vif but he's franked the form since. Nube negra been given plenty of time to mature and Skelton's throwing him in here against a few big fish including the reopposing rouge vif. I think he knows the horse has improved a bundle. I've had small ew bet. Will have a look at the betting w/o and will prob go again.

Some man,Pat. Hope that covered your Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fitzhenry to put things right. Backed him last year and I'm hoping to god he's been aimed at this again. 20s each way worth a few bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

you would be very foolish to write off altior after 9 months off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Jesus that was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shanee. wrote: »
    Jesus that was horrible

Looked bad - was absolutely cruising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Looked bad - was absolutely cruising.

Looked some prospect. Didnt look good on first viewing seemed to just drop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Is Limerick going ahead tomorrow?

If you fancy Delta Work tomorrow then take the 33s for the Gold Cup now.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Slattsy wrote: »
    If you fancy Delta Work tomorrow then take the 33s for the Gold Cup now.

Ahem 16s for gold cup still available for Percy!!!

stretchaq wrote: »
    Ahem 16s for gold cup still available for Percy!!!

Another for the ignore list!!! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Another for the ignore list!!! 😊

Your safe enough slattsy, just a Christmas joke I do think he’s overpriced though, may have placed in last years, English bunch look shocking I will be on him at 5s tomorrow think the savilles tomorrow could well be the race of the year

• Advertisement

I'd love Samcro to win. Jaysus it would throw a right brick into the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have to A Plus Tard a chance tomorrow.

Finished ahead of Chacun last year, then followed up with a 3rd in Ryanair behind Saint Calvados & ahead of Frodon.

A Plus Tard has never finished out of the places, if it gets the trip you’ll have to think it’ll be there at the finish.

10/1 I’ll be going in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Wgst price Percy in a match with Delta?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Taking a chance on Fakir Doudairies relishing the step up in trip tomorrow. 20/1 so will have a swing each way

The Mig wrote: »
    Taking a chance on Fakir Doudairies relishing the step up in trip tomorrow. 20/1 so will have a swing each way

He's my each way poke also.

• Was gonna have a dabble on Kemboy but 10/1 isn't juicy enough for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

He's my each way poke also.

Ah for fûck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The Mig wrote: »
    Ah for fûck sake

Absolutely love this level of sh*thousery 😂

I'm puzzled why they're running Fakir here tbh. He's only 5 and this time last year he was going toe to toe with Notebook over 2. Maybe the Ryanair is the long term goal but I still would love him to give the CC a crack and would have liked to see him race today rather than tomorrow. Skips over a fence beautifully and he's bound to have a tonne of improvement in him at the age. I'd be stunned if he was among the lot at the end, it'd be a training and horse performance of the decade. I like the horse so it would be a pleasant surprise amongst a lot of ****e this Christmas but I can't see it.

I'm shocked The Storyteller is in the Stayers hurdle rather than the Lexus. Jesus they were saying he deserves a go in the Gold Cup in March and after stuffing Percy and Delta Work he should have been given a chance here.

• Advertisement

Absolutely love this level of sh*thousery 😂

He's not wrong! Having a mare.

Advertisement