Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Thread 11/12 (Joshua-Pulev, McKenna Brothers, Top Rank/PBC Cards in US)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

darced wrote: »
    Fury will box the ears off joshua easily, too robotic. Wilder will take his head off and beat him even easier.

Wilder is nowhere near the boxer AJ is

It’s a shootout between them. And AJ has as good a chance to KO Wilder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Goose81 wrote: »
    Do you watch boxing? What exactly did you expect

Yes I watch boxing.
    Pulev is not a great opponent, he struggled to beat Chisora and Hughie, got wiped by VK when he was in prime and is now a past it 39 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

titan18 wrote: »
    Floyd with no mask then there :(

What a flute! Probably thinks he's too important to go along with regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Whatever about Fury who is a classy boxer. I don't now how anyone could have Wilder schooling Aj. Joshua will box him up and down and inside out. Wilder will be hoping for the one big money shot and unless he gets it AJ is all over the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

walshb wrote: »
    Wilder is nowhere near the boxer AJ is

It’s a shootout between them. And AJ has as good a chance to KO wilder..

Wilder is way quicker, the first windmill to the back of the head and Joshua is on wobbly legs. I give him a better chance of somehow beating Fury. Wilder is all wrong for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Whatever about Fury who is a classy boxer. I don't now how anyone could have Wilder schooling Aj. Joshua will box him up and down and inside out. Wilder will be hoping for the one big money shot and unless he gets it AJ is all over the winner.

Wilder can throw a good punch though, and there's always a bit of a question mark on Joshua's chin. I'm pretty sure the fight doesn't go to a decision if it does happen but Wilder has a very good chance (as does Joshua) of knocking him out

eagle eye wrote: »
    Explain why you say this. What did you see in this fight that gives you that opinion?

He was very wild in the third round after dropping Pulev. Lot of wild swings, like he was going for broke. I'll give him credit though he stopped himself from emptying the tank or getting caught. If that was Wilder or Fury they wouldn't be so reckless. Not only that but Pulev didn't bother with an uppercut at anytime during the fight, his hooks were slow and laboured and he still caught AJ a few times clean, Fury and Wilder have great uppercuts and hooks and know how to finish off a hurt opponent without swinging wildly.

Although Wilder is not a better boxer than AJ, if he gets even a half dozen chances to land clean then AJ will drop, and judging by how Pulev done despite only throwing jabs and laboured hooks it's basically a guarantee that Fury and Wilder would land dozens of clean shots before the 6th round which leads me to believe that it wouldn't go past 9 rounds. AJ is a top 3 HW boxer but Wilder and Fury are both a long way better than him in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I don’t buy the narrative that fury hammers AJ, a lot of people think AJ hasn’t a hope against him but I think he will beat Fury on a decision.

Time will tell but I think Fury is to happy to take shots at times and AJ will be able to do damage, it will be interesting to see who wins the jab and if AJ can get inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Wilder and Fury would be interesting, Fury wouldn't take AJ's power if he was to get hit, no chance...but I think he'd be able to outbox him and avoid taking big hits off AJ.

Same goes for Wilder tbh, although Wilder will be more erratic and dangerous for AJ imo, one shot and its over...interesting matchups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I don't think anyone here expects Wilder to school Joshua.
    They just believe (with plenty of reason) that the right hand lands, and Joshua doesn't take it very well.

A perfectly logical point of view.

• Advertisement

Wilder is way quicker, the first windmill to the back of the head and Joshua is on wobbly legs. I give him a better chance of somehow beating Fury. Wilder is all wrong for him.

I give him a better chance v Fury as well..

But he absolutely can KO Wilder, and quick..

Of course, Wilder can as well..

It’s a shootout every time..

Could fight ten times and any results should not surprise..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Style wise Pulev is nothing like Fury..

One thing is certain: Fury won’t take AJs power..

So, he either avoids it or he loses via KO!

You should b eputting serious cash down if you believe that

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

I think Joshua’s movement has improved a lot. Against WK he looked like a robot. He’s moving much more fluidly now.

gypsy79 wrote: »
    You should b eputting serious cash down if you believe that

lol

I will be..

I have AJ via KO v Fury if they meet..

I am hardly alone here..

Wilder and Fury would be interesting, Fury wouldn't take AJ's power if he was to get hit, no chance...but I think he'd be able to outbox him and avoid taking big hits off AJ.

Fury has a much better chin than Pulev

I don’t buy the narrative that fury hammers AJ, a lot of people think AJ hasn’t a hope against him but I think he will beat Fury on a decision.

Time will tell but I think Fury is to happy to take shots at times and AJ will be able to do damage, it will be interesting to see who wins the jab and if AJ can get inside it.
    Be a hell of a fight for sure. Bookies will have it with Fury a shade of odds on and AJ a shade of odds against. Come the off it could almost be evens your pick and that would be about right. Gun to my head id side with AJ because he has the explosive power.

What?

Fury had been down and hurt and rocked several times by lesser shots than Pulev took tonight...

Wilder had him out cold for 9-10 seconds from a B rated Wilder shot..

Fury’s chin, like AJs, is vulnerable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Joshua v Fury is very interesting. Fury a better technical boxer but AJ is good enough to land on him and I am very suspicious of Fury's chin. AJ is not afraid to throw.

Has to happen now anyway. Hopefully in front of a full house in the summer.

AJ boxed well tonight I think. Took his time but he unloaded when he saw openings. He throws some great shots when he does let go. Still a few demons there I think though. He's definitely more cautious. He also has tendency to lean into some shots when he sees the jab coming and tries to clinch behind it but doesn't get there before the right comes in behind it. Nearly got clipped a few times as a result.

I think AJ would flatline Wilder who is just so hittable. Of Course Deontay has that leveller but I'd strongly fancy AJ to land before he did.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Fury will slip and slide all day long and wouldn’t be taking the shots Pulev did there

Exactly...

I think he has a good chance to do this, albeit I predict AJ to get through to get the KO

I give him a better chance v Fury as well..

But he absolutely can KO Wilder, and quick..

Of course, Wilder can as well..

It’s a shootout every time..

Could fight ten times and any results should not surprise..

Joshua just does not look like he can deal with Wilders loopy style, he's not cute enough in close. He'll be caught with his chin up in the air.

• Advertisement

Big Ears wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here expects Wilder to school Joshua.
    They just believe (with plenty of reason) that the right hand lands, and Joshua doesn't take it very well.

A perfectly logical point of view.

Someone mentioned Aj would look like an amateur against him. Maybe I picked it up wrong. Wilder fair sloppy to my eye. Never forget the first Ortiz fight albeit he did learn for second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

No he doesn't.

Joshua just does not look like he can deal with Wilders loopy style, he's not cute enough in close. He'll be caught with his chin up in the air.

Yes. That could happen. Style wise I think Wilder is very dangerous for AJ

But I think AJ is a bad style for Wilder as well..

Both men can KO each other early..

I’d lean slightly with AJ landing the better shots, quicker!!!!

I think we’ll get Fury-AJ late summer!!

Probably 50 euro PPV!

Both men clearing 40/50 million each!

Fury does not have the outright chin of pulev but he sees everything coming, joshua is actually the opposite he gets rocked because he doesn't see the punches coming. They probably have comparable chins.

Fury does not have the outright chin of pulev but he sees everything coming, joshua is actually the opposite he gets rocked because he doesn't see the punches coming. They probably have comparable chins.

Good analogy..

But Fury has been tagged clean and badly hurt..

AJs reach, height, and technical delivery are very dangerous traits here for Fury. He has the range and power to get right through Fury..

No he doesn't.

I disagree. WK blasted Pulev out of there very easily.

That said Tyson just won't take those punches from AJ in the first place. and I am certain Fury hits a hell of a lot harder than Pulev. AJ would be very cautious against Tyson. I see Tyson bullying him and tiring him out pretty quickly.

I think we’ll get Fury-AJ late summer!!

Probably 50 euro PPV!

Both men clearing 40/50 million each!

I really hope we get it.

Fury will box the ears off Joshua.

Horrible matchup for AJ.

• Advertisement

I disagree. WK blasted Pulev out of there very easily.

That said Tyson just won't take those punches from AJ in the first place. and I am certain Fury hits a hell of a lot harder than Pulev. AJ would be very cautious against Tyson. I see Tyson bullying him and tiring him out pretty quickly.

I think Fury’s best bet is to be in AJs face and super aggressive and busy. Forcing back, lying on him, mauling him and draining his engine..smothering AJs work.

But: if he gets hit clean and hard on the way in, or due to him not pressing AJ, he is done for!!

Advertisement