Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indycar 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That was a massive hit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

They might red flag it and do a NASCAR style green white checker finish.

That was big, big impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jaysis, that's some hit into the tyres at the pit entry. Hope Spencer recovers ok from that monster hit.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

If they keeping running this under yellow, it's a win for Sato!!!

So who'd have through the the Sato we saw in F1 for years would be a deserving two time Indy 500 winner!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭afatbollix

And the Stingray wins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Well I enjoyed that race. Congrats to sato. Second Indy 500 win in 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Hate when it ends under yellow. Surprised Dixon seemed to be struggling for a finish. Looked so comfortable all day. Nasty crash at the end, hopefully spencer is ok.
    All over for another year, enjoyed it as always.

Pagenaud had a nightmare. Alonso was rubbish. That ahole Ferrucci did great. Andretti and Hunter-Ray were nowhere.

Good race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Absolute disaster for Alonso, barely saw him all day. Will we see him race here again I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Delighted for Sato, congrats!!

Absolute disaster for Alonso, barely saw him all day. Will we see him race here again I wonder.

Alonso would need to do a couple of full seasons in order to try properly for the Indy 500.

Delighted for Sato. Had a great race. Was super in qualifying too. Overall, a great team and excellent car package with skilled driver.

Possibly not. Won't be doing the next two years anyway, and while he could try after that he won't have nearly the same experience that others in their 40s will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Precedence was to red flag it and then a dash to the flag - thought Dixon would do it but a big win for Sato

Lots of teams didn't show up today

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Always liked Sato glad to see him win again, although would have been good to see racing to the finish line. Repairing the tyre barrier maybe would have taken a long time. Two heavy crashes on the the inside of the track, lucky they both seemed reasonably ok after

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well, that sure was a long day. I even forcibly changed the Sky box in the other room over to the end after the CL was over, and it was pretty much right before Spencer's wreck. Oh well.

Taku-san now the twentieth multiple-500 winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

astrofluff wrote: »
    Alonso would need to do a couple of full seasons in order to try properly for the Indy 500.

Delighted for Sato. Had a great race. Was super in qualifying too. Overall, a great team and excellent car package with skilled driver.

Something was off, first I thought with his team or whatever but his two rookie team mates were at least in punching distance to the victory. Alonso was nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Harika wrote: »
    Something was off, first I thought with his team or whatever but his two rookie team mates were at least in punching distance to the victory. Alonso was nowhere

Think he struggled with the set up. Seemed to run better by third stint. But then he started having clutch issues.

First lap collision at Gateway race 1

Possibly Tony Kananns last weekend of racing.

Hahaha, what a calamity of a start.

Rossi is not happy.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »
    Hahaha, what a calamity of a start.

Rossi is not happy.

3 Andretti cars out... ouch

Rain has brought out the yellow flags at the half way point

This is going to be the better race to watch today. Race 2 now on.

Pato doing a great job so far. Sato dropping the ball at the first round of pitstops. Veekay being impressive again. Hope he keeps a clean race with no mistakes.

Dixie,Power and Newgarden looking well along with Pato (very distant Irish Heritage)

Yeah, a couple of hundred years Irish decent!

Hard to know who's going to win this. Last stop and finding a gap to drive fast laps will be key.

Darn Yellows

Mid-Ohio doubleheader this weekend.

All coverage Sky F1.
    Race 1, Saturday 9:30pm (green around 10pm)
    Race 2, Sunday 6pm (green pretty much straight away)

Jimmy Johnson and Ganassi officially working towards a 2 year indycar deal

Great racing at Mid Ohio - race one live at the moment

As an aside McLaren have offered Sergio Perez a drive next season in a 3rd car

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    As an aside McLaren have offered Sergio Perez a drive next season in a 3rd car

Wait what. That would be news even to me, and I run the bloody IndyCar sub!

As far as I am aware, it's not gone any further than AMSP having stated they would be interested in Perez being in a third car.

Advertisement