Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indycar 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

A fine mess indeed.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Clearly I wasn't paying much attention over the winter, what the hell is Jimmie Johnson doing in IndyCar? :L

Avoiding the wrecks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Decent race more for strategy than all out overtaking action. Some drive by Palou didn't see him pulling off such a impressive performance to win this early with Ganassi. Solid drive by Grosjean on his debut to finish 10th
    Clearly I wasn't paying much attention over the winter, what the hell is Jimmie Johnson doing in IndyCar? :L
    Unfortunately he's not doing the ovals sounds like the wife decided that. Some Nascar drivers including him over the years said they would like to do Indycar races and with the exception of Kurt Busch doing Indy in 2014 none have stepped up but Johnson really meant his words. Huge learning curve for him in this tough field but he did well to get the laps in and finish the race yesterday, maybe 10 years ago in his prime this venture into Indycar might have been easier for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

St. Pete this weekend. SkyF1 schedule:
    • FP1 - Friday 9:15pm
    • FP2 - Saturday 2:45pm
    • Qualifying - Saturday 6:45pm
    • Race - Sunday 5pm

• Advertisement

St Pete race starting now.

Texas doubleheader this weekend.
    • Practice - NO COVERAGE (Saturday 5:45pm)
    • Qualifying - NO COVERAGE (Saturday 9pm)
    • Race 1 Genesys 300 - SS Main Event Saturday midnight
    • Race 2 XPEL 375 - SSF1 Sunday 10pm

Ah ****e. Favorite race of the season and I'll not be able to watch it.

Any idea what's happening. Nothing on screen yet for qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Cancelled due to weather apparently. Grid set according to championship standings. That's weird as they showed the track earlier and looked like a nice sunny day there.

• Advertisement

Cars on track for first race of the weekend!

Cars on track for first race of the weekend!

Imagine an F1 race like that, be brilliant!

Is Grosjean not doing oval tracks!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Imagine an F1 race like that, be brilliant!

Is Grosjean not doing oval tracks!?

He's just doing track and street races this year. Think fittipaldi replaces him on ovals.

I understand he's only doing road courses this year. I think the ovals would be risky for him considering the speeds. I'm not sure why I said that!?

Hefty hit for Bourdais. Newgarden gave him a little punt inadvertently as cars were checking up.

That's some restart from Dixon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Mclaughlin having a very good race so far.

This Texas surface is beyond a joke, genuinely a danger for these drivers aswell as crap racing

Are you talking about the traction compound for NASCAR. I agree, no benefit for Indycar if there's no extra grip up high leaving only one racing line.

Dixon had a strong race. Managed it very well without any risks being taken. The Hondas seemed to have better high speed throughout.

Oh, right, yea, kinda forgot you guys here might not have been in the loop. So it pissed it down overnight Friday and took forever to dry the track on Saturday (Texas humidity not helping), so practice was delayed by two hours and qualifying was cancelled; meaning both races are set by entrant points - however, race 2 tonight is based on those points after last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Watching for the first time this year! Need something to supplement f1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Jesus what a smash..

I wouldn't entirely blame Fittipaldi's inexperience for that, they were too bunched up at the start for last nights race, do it again and there's the risk you'll get a mess like this

Are you talking about the traction compound for NASCAR. I agree, no benefit for Indycar if there's no extra grip up high leaving only one racing line
    It didn't even make the Nascar races any better, I'm astounded Texas Motor Speedway didn't bother to clear it off for two Indycar races can't see today's race being any better than last nights procession, they are probably not bothered about Indycar returning with the mediocre attendances

I'm a relative new comer to indycar if someone could answer this for me please. Last few races Herta has been in a Gainbridge car. Tonight he's in a Capstone. Is this purely a sponsor change for this particular race or whats the story!?

Nevermind, 100 laps later and he's finally on camera still in the yellow and black gainbridge. I must have misheard the commentary when they were talking about it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

So O'Ward will be testing the McLaren F1 car at the end of the season

Gwan Pato roll on McLaren F1 test :)

Great win for O'Ward! I know other people have called the races boring but I throughly enjoyed Portugal and the 2 in Texas.

I'm a relative new comer to indycar if someone could answer this for me please. Last few races Herta has been in a Gainbridge car. Tonight he's in a Capstone. Is this purely a sponsor change for this particular race or whats the story!?

Nevermind, 100 laps later and he's finally on camera still in the yellow and black gainbridge. I must have misheard the commentary when they were talking about it earlier.
    Alot of the cars are rotating different sponsors nowadays in US racing, same in NASCAR. Capstone were his sponsors under the Harding/Steinbrenner team for the previous two seasons so probably an associate sponsor this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Can I ask do they still race on that airport runway somewhere ?

Used to love that race.

Advertisement