Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 249 - Ferguson v Gaethje Sat May 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 itsGOOSEYx

Why did they bring so many referees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

itsGOOSEYx wrote: »
    Ah he couldn't be that bad!!

Maybe not that bad, cowboy is a company guy I think they'll allow him him go further then he should to be more specific

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really liking this no-crowd business.

Not sure how I'll feel come the two main fights but I'm enjoying the more "intimate" state of the fights. Hearing the thuds, the corners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

MrStuffins wrote: »

Not sure how I'll feel come the two main fights but I'm enjoying the more "intimate" state of the fights. Hearing the thuds, the corners etc.

Ye you wouldn't even miss the crowd tbh much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Exactly. Hate the constant "woos" from the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ye you wouldn't even miss the crowd tbh much better.

Well I sure don't miss that fupping "wooing" crap that so many US crowds seem to love so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

i feel the crowd is badly missed, that price vs luque fight was a barn burner.

I'm a footie guy more then MMA, I think I can watch this a lot more easily then footie. It's going down really well with me so far..

I'm also thinking do the fighters react in the same way they would in the gym setting, in regards there relaxation temperament?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Petis looking a bit thicc

• Advertisement

Ima go with Cowboy for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Ima go with Cowboy for this one

me too

WHAT

Close fight. Can't argue with the decision. Could've gone either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

I actually had that fight a draw. Also great to see Keith Peterson reminding us why he's an inconsistant ref. I seen the eyepoke as it happened and Cowboy isn't exactly the type to fake an eyepoke.

Close fight. Can't argue with the decision. Could've gone either way

No way was it unanimous though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

i thought pettis was cheap jumpin on that eye poke, id give it a draw tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Cowboy won the first two rounds in that one, referee missing the clear eye poke was odd too.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that it's becoming as crooked as boxing. Waterson won her fight and we see a lot if strange decisions these days.
    If it continues I'll stop watching it.
    Used to love how it was so easy to fall fights that went the distance and then your have really close ones that were hard time call and every judge would have it 29-28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought Cowboy won the first two rounds in that one, referee missing the clear eye poke was odd too.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that it's becoming as crooked as boxing. Waterson won her fight and we see a lot if strange decisions these days.
    Used to love how it was so easy to fall fights that went the distance and then your have really close ones that were hard time call and every judge would have it 29-28.

Ah stop the lights

Limited use of Instant Replay is a bit odd?

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

Nah, just a close fight. Need more 10-10 rounds

Limited use of Instant Replay is a bit odd?

Something I'm thinking of there, since the new reply rules have come in, I've not seen a fight stopped, I've missed a few fight nights/numbered events, has a fight ended with the new reply rules.. I'd love to know

There's only one thing Dana has worked harder at than getting this card to go ahead.

That's shoving Greg Hardy down our throats!

Something I'm thinking of there, since the new reply rules have come in, I've not seen a fight stopped, I've missed a few fight nights/numbered events, has a fight ended with the new reply rules.. I'd love to know

What do you mean by stopped? Like as in a doctor stopping or what? Sorry just not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

There's only one thing Dana has worked harder at than getting this card to go ahead.

That's shoving Greg Hardy down our throats!

Agreed, not an entertaining fighter....

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Petis all the way, cowboy so weak on the ground and in the clinch.

What do you mean by stopped? Like as in a doctor stopping or what? Sorry just not sure

I'm not sure myself, I think it's when the ref calls for a reply, if they think it's a fight stopping thing they call the fight.. maybe someone more informed then me can tune in here help me out.. I've not seen it, so my understanding can be questioned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

That round was just bizarre. Castro simply stopped fighting. Completely.

Snoozefest here!

• Advertisement

Snoozefest here!

All down to them leg kicks on hardy

Advertisement