Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Jank1 wrote: »
    Does anyone agree that drivetime now sounds like a 2fm show rather than a Raidio Eireann program ?

Let's bring back the 'eye in the sky' Electric Eddie for the traffic reports, Barry Lang as political reporter and Simon Young for the voxpops.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,977 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jank1 wrote: »
    Does anyone agree that drivetime now sounds like a 2fm show rather than a Raidio Eireann program ?

The demographic sitting in their cars that RTE are after in a 'Drivetime' show would be that demographic who first tuned into 2FM. So probably no accident that the style has been adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

The exchange just now between Cormac and the A&E doctor in Cork typified why I don’t like the approach of the new presenters. Cormac was disappointed that the doc didn’t bite at his leading question asking that surely the doc can’t take any more if we haven’t reached the peak. And then cut the doc off when he was trying to make a plea to the public to go to local respiratory hubs rather than acute hospitals. Communicating clear information to the public at the moment is too important to be at the mercy of the tabloid egos of some journalists

Have to knock a point ot two off Sarah's clapometer today. She let Archbishop Martin completely off the hook several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm ... lovely little coffee table interview with Alan Kelly just now, on first name terms, friendly attitude, you’re a great guy, yeh, you’re a great lady....... hmmmmm.

Little bit different when dealing with those in charge.....

And of course the ...we asked the govt to provide a spokesperson but none available.

This from a crowd who couldn’t provide a spokesperson on their own premises for days.

Hey.....what’s going on here...it’s like scrotes throwing bottles at firefighters fighting a fire.

C’mon.

• Advertisement

JAysus........ there’s that tosser O hEadhra asking Josepha can she give “a cast iron guarantee” about special schools opening next week.

Grow the **** up , nobody can give cast iron guarantees on anything to do with COVID.

O’ hEadhra interrupting on everything ,obviously trying to match McInerney in abrasive attitude, obviously feeling he has to become more aggressive.

Fair play to Josepha, handled him with consummate ease.

Cormac struggling badly, got a new one ripped out for him.

Well done Josepha..... put that tosser in his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

gosh Jeffrey Donaldson sounding very level headed here so far

gosh Jeffrey Donaldson sounding very level headed here so far

She gave him enough rope to hang himself. Blaming everything and anything but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

JAysus........ there’s that tosser O hEadhra asking Josepha can she give “a cast iron guarantee” about special schools opening next week.

Grow the **** up , nobody can give cast iron guarantees on anything to do with COVID.

O’ hEadhra interrupting on everything ,obviously trying to match McInerney in abrasive attitude, obviously feeling he has to become more aggressive.

Fair play to Josepha, handled him with consummate ease.

Cormac struggling badly, got a new one ripped out for him.

Well done Josepha..... put that tosser in his place.

o hEadhra is the Jonathan Healy of RTE

O’hEadhra seems to like the affirmative mode of questioning.

eg.... the Hse should have done something about that, isn’t that right?

Strange way of putting things , I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

O’hEadhra seems to like the affirmative mode of questioning.

eg.... the Hse should have done something about that, isn’t that right?

Strange way of putting things , I would have thought.

Isn't he a barrister? Isn't that the way they frame things?

bobbyss wrote: »
    Isn't he a barrister? Isn't that the way they frame things?

I did not know that Robert........ must delve further into his background.

However, while that might be the way they frame things in the law courts, I think it’s not a very suitable method of eliciting information on national public radio.

The interviewee is not in a court of law.

Thanks for the info Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

As they call it on the TV shows, "leading the witness".

I agree, it's not the best means by which a question can be phrased.

As they call it on the TV shows, "leading the witness".

I agree, it's not the best means by which a question can be phrased.

Might have a lot to do with how politicians/or similarly accountable present for interview, particularly the slippery and evasive.

Interesting indeed. Catholic right interviwee on at the moment.

"Illegitimate sex..."

Sister Helen Prejian

Timmy Dooley left sounding like a babbling idiot there and the questioning wasn't even aggressive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Timmy Dooley left sounding like a babbling idiot there and the questioning wasn't even aggressive

You sound surprised !

Infoanon wrote: »
    You sound surprised !

Yes, the babbling surprised me. :)

Corry shilling the travel industry full steam.

Weren't Aer Lingus lobbying the government too. Vested interests do what vested interests do.

• Advertisement

Weren't Aer Lingus lobbying the government too. Vested interests do what vested interests do.

Ehh...... that’s kinda what I’m saying Francie. :confused:

Had you a bit of a setback recently..... no need for the pushback.

Ehh...... that’s kinda what I’m saying Francie. :confused:

Had you a bit of a setback recently..... no need for the pushback.

You said it as if you expected him to be doing something different. So I just pointed out another example to you.

You said it as if you expected him to be doing something different. So I just pointed out another example to you.

Nah Francie..... just reminding folk as I always do, be aware where the person is coming from.

Like the FR ‘jab and go’ ad.

Hope that’s ok?

O’hEadhra making a total tool of himself on Drivetime.

What an idiot.

Last time he was on Corry announced that he was not a vested interest and was speaking on his own behalf about the travel industry !!

Infoanon wrote: »
    Last time he was on Corry announced that he was not a vested interest and was speaking on his own behalf about the travel industry !!

I hope you weren’t taken in by that........

I hope you weren’t taken in by that........

For some strange reason I couldn't taken him at his word....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I would be more than willing to accept that corry is speaking on his own behalf as regards the travel industry. It just happens to be the case that his interests are almost entirely aligned with theirs.

Construction Industry spokesman shilling for the construction industry there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Corry classifies himself as a journalist, though, think thats the difference.

Advertisement