Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It isn't a 'pick one' scenario Brendi.

Quite possible Audrey is similar or even better. I'm not familiar with much of her output. Is there a thread on her programmes?

She is on MI, but hasn’t been around much recently.

Doubt if she has a thread of her own, not enough airtime or ‘notice’ to warrant that.

Does her job calmly,so really, only those of us with good insight into the finer techniques of broadcasting might be aware of her.

Monaghan lass, x BBC...... but hasn’t got the kind of ‘baked in’ sourness they say Monaghan folk are born with.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,198 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She is on MI, but hasn’t been around much recently.

Doubt if she has a thread of her own, not enough airtime or ‘notice’ to warrant that.

Does her job calmly,so really, only those of us with good insight into the finer techniques of broadcasting might be aware of her.

Monaghan lass, x BBC...... but hasn’t got the kind of ‘baked in’ sourness they say Monaghan folk are born with.

As I said, it isn't an either or scenario. If Carville is as good as you say then we'll hear more of her too, hopefully.

Doubt if anyone could make you cuddly and warm, Francie, but that’s an aside.

Her job as a journalist as I see it is to get information for the public, not to try to browbeat an interviewee and crow over it surreptitiously, as a kind of a throwaway remark.

The person to role model on is Audrey Carville, gets far more info with far less hectoring than McInerney.

The Vincent Browne tactics will only get you so far, real skill is the way to go.

Mod - cut out the unnecessary digs please

True Believer Trump supporter being interviewed by Cormac. A whole lot of whataboutery indeed. What Biden is gonna do..

Heh heh .....appro about nothing

At 1650 there was a ‘promo’ telling us there would be an interview with ROG after 1700

Brenner, says i to myself, I wonder who will get that gig.... will it be Cormac or Sarah

Hmmm I said..... I’d put my wedge on Sarah

I wasn’t wrong.......

A trend perhaps............hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

Just listening for first time in a long while and Ms mcinerney seems to have stopped her badgering style of interviewing. Is this the normal now for her?

bookman2 wrote: »
    Just listening for first time in a long while and Ms mcinerney seems to have stopped her badgering style of interviewing. Is this the normal now for her?

Just reeling him in.............in my opinion.

Just reeling him in.............in my opinion.

To be fair she seems to be leaving him answer and not jumping in like she used to.

“Question you don’t seem to understand” said in a snarky arrogant tone.

who is this chap she is interviewing --he doesn't seem the most competent chap!

• Advertisement

To be fair she seems to be leaving him answer and not jumping in like she used to.

Saving that for the big fish........

who is this chap she is interviewing --he doesn't seem the most competent chap!

Roderick O’ Gorman....... sorry Rod........ not a good performer.

She only 'interrupts' when someone is evading or stalling...as she is doing now. Roderick seems a bit out of his depth and not on top of his brief TBH.

Roderick O’ Gorman....... sorry Rod........ not a good performer.

he deffo doesn't come across as NOT the greatest performer he must have went to the same school as stephen donnelly! Once he can do his job is the main thing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

“Question you don’t seem to understand” said in a snarky arrogant tone.

More like 'that is not the question I asked so I will ask you again ' tone.

Roderick O Gorman came across as incompetent in that interview

She only 'interrupts' when someone is evading or stalling...as she is doing now. Roderick seems a bit out of his depth and not on top of his brief TBH.

Yep, Poor Rodders out of his depth.

Not ministerial material, what ever way you can dress it up.

Nice lad ......but......sorry.

aah stop will ya- the nonsense when she was on the claire byrne show was ridiculous - the gotcha type of interview was ridiculous.

aah stop will ya- the nonsense when she was on the claire byrne show was ridiculous - the gotcha type of interview was ridiculous.

Only happened in the instance I mentioned. Heard many interviews by her where it wasn't neccessary.

By the way, just to be sure we are on the same page: I require my journalists to interrupt and even hector(if need be) if they are been given a classic bum shift by an interviewee. Too many of our politicians luxuriate in that type of interview.

47 next on the list.

Will the boot go in..............

Heh heh heh

“I don’t want to alarm anybody” says O’hEadhra.

After giving us wall to wall news of rampant COVID 19 infection over the last hour.

All delivered in tones which for me anyway, suggest they are enjoying putting the wind up the populace.

Maybe it’s just me.

• Advertisement

Fair play Josepha Madigan, I won’t say she tore McInerney out a new one, but she certainly put her in her box.

I noted the ‘hostile’ tone McInerney adopts when interviewing Govt. people, the quickening of the speech, the rapid fire questions and the interruptions when the answers are not to her agenda.

None of which are apparent when interviewing the opposition drones where it’s like a coffee table chat.

Lads it’s there , Josepha had all the answers and McInerney couldn’t put a glove on her.

The question is why does she not adopt the same technique for all interviews.

Valid question lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Fair play Josepha Madigan, I won’t say she tore McInerney out a new one, but she certainly put her in her box.

You must have being listening to a different interview - Josepha 'the schools aren't closed they are taking a longer holiday ' Madigan gave an average interview and Sarah gave her a fairly easy time.

Josepha laying a seed that Covid is seasonal is not putting the interviewer in her 'box '

The government are on the back foot at the moment - most of it their own doing - so you can't keep blaming the interviewers 'hostile ' tone.

Infoanon wrote: »
    You must have being listening to a different interview - Josepha 'the schools aren't closed they are taking a longer holiday ' Madigan gave an average interview and Sarah gave her a fairly easy time.

Josepha laying a seed that Covid is seasonal is not putting the interviewer in her 'box '

The government are on the back foot at the moment - most of it their own doing - so you can't keep blaming the interviewers 'hostile ' tone.

I might have known.

I might have known.

All there in black and white Francie, not political, just a critique of very poor interviewing standards.

All the ‘back up’ that you rely so desperately on is there..... if you want to try to find it.

If an interview series like that was conducted in a Civil Service promotion competition with that imbalance Liberty Hall would be jawing for up to six or seven months.

You need to wake up and open your eyes Francie.

The auld duffel coat student politics duddnt butter any parsnips with the Brenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I noted the ‘hostile’ tone McInerney adopts when interviewing Govt. people, the quickening of the speech, the rapid fire questions and the interruptions when the answers are not to her agenda.

None of which are apparent when interviewing the opposition drones where it’s like a coffee table chat.

Lads it’s there , Josepha had all the answers and McInerney couldn’t put a glove on her.

The question is why does she not adopt the same technique for all interviews.

Valid question lads.

debrox__08126.1437062785.jpg?c=2

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jank1

Does anyone agree that drivetime now sounds like a 2fm show rather than a Raidio Eireann program ?

I would'nt of thought many Radio 1 listeners listen to 2FM tbf

Jank1 wrote: »
    Does anyone agree that drivetime now sounds like a 2fm show rather than a Raidio Eireann program ?

Getting like it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ya. Talk of blockbuster movies and Spotify lists have no place on a "serious" news show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Heh heh heh

“I don’t want to alarm anybody” says O’hEadhra.

After giving us wall to wall news of rampant COVID 19 infection over the last hour.

All delivered in tones which for me anyway, suggest they are enjoying putting the wind up the populace.

Maybe it’s just me.

No, it's not just you, they're all at it, they just can't get enough of this Corona-Covid virus feeding frenzy, it's all over the airwaves like a virus in itself.

Don't know what they'll all do when the virus has been surpresed & Trump is gone.

Advertisement