Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

GavMan wrote: »
    What news of the Lord Byron these days
    Still plugging away above the middle Eastern restaurant, pivoting towards the right, finding cures for cancer on Google, berating Trump protestors and that sort of thing. Exactly the kind of posting you'd expect from a middle aged Brit expat. I wonder does Jerusalem do any gammon dishes?

Amusingly, the Hub are using the Fahy case above as a cautionary tale to "Be mindful of what you put into your affidavit".

As has been seen on this thread, their usual non-advice has been to create a monstrous affidavit full of dubious facts, assertions and misplaced legal argument so it's a bit rich.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Standards have really slipped at US Customs and Border Protection.
    You'd wonder how a man who, by most accounts, hasn't had a paid job in years could swing such a trip but then the finances of Ben are a mystery for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Robbo wrote: »
    You'd wonder how a man who, by most accounts, hasn't had a paid job in years could swing such a trip but then the finances of Ben are a mystery for the ages.

Gemma O'Doherty seems to believe that he is being bankrolled by George Soros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

Standards have really slipped at US Customs and Border Protection.[/QUOTE

Maybe he just said he was there!

Ben spent last week in Washington DC, delightful clip of him sinking pints and playing a bodhrán in an Irish bar. He’ll come back refreshed and full of new tactics to defeat the corrupt banks...
    according to ben himself
    Just leaving the great city of Washington DC after a very successful week with lawyers and the securities and exchange commission, in relation to banking corruption in our country. Change is coming folks.

scanning through his comments

Ireland is now so terminally sick that vile corruption of every ilk and kind is flourishing, and this same force of corruption has become so cunning and professional, that it is wreaking untold havoc and misery upon innocent Irish people ,who are daily hauled before Irish courts on false trumped up perjured lies and charges !!!
    I speak from very bitter personal experience !!!

Fairly indicative of the comments he gets, seriously chaps, go to one of your anti corruption havens to live out the rest of your days, cuba, mexico, columbia, have fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eldamo wrote: »
    according to ben himself

scanning through his comments

Fairly indicative of the comments he gets, seriously chaps, go to one of your anti corruption havens to live out the rest of your days, cuba, mexico, columbia, have fun.

why would he be talking to the securities and exchange commission in the US about banking "corruption" in this country? does he think they have jurisdiction?

why would he be talking to the securities and exchange commission in the US about banking "corruption" in this country? does he think they have jurisdiction?

I reckon he believes that we are so corrupt that they might launch a humanitarian invasion towards the end of regime change.

The only real question is whether Ben & King billy can work together as supreme leader and king respectively.

eldamo wrote: »
    I reckon he believes that we are so corrupt that they might launch a humanitarian invasion towards the end of regime change.

The only real question is whether Ben & King billy can work together as supreme leader and king respectively.

of course the real question is why would they bother talking to him. I can imagine the phonecall:

Secretary: Mr Clayton, I have a Ben Gilroy from Ireland who wishes to speak to you about banking corruption in Ireland
    Jay Clayton: Ben who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Standards have really slipped at US Customs and Border Protection.

Probably bamboozled them by asking were they on their oath.

Thanks all. That gave me a right old chuckle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

He goes to Florida every year I understand. Would he have a long-term visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

If he was staying over 90 days at a time he would need a B1 visa. Otherwise ESTA would be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

He goes to Florida every year I understand.

Its well for some............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭blueythebear

He goes to Florida every year I understand. Would he have a long-term visa?

If you didnt repay your mortgage and charged money for made up pseudo legal waffle...you could go to florida each year too!

The victories are stacking up like E-Voting machines for one of our favourite Freemen, with no less than two landmark judgements in recent weeks.

http://courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/87d31bacdd6db67c80258411003859ef?OpenDocument

http://courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/00fc33b15d9e28048025841500522974?OpenDocument

Meanwhile another civilian loses their home due to "the assistance of dubious McKenzie friends" :rolleyes:

http://courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/54b23003201bd28f802584100043d5b6?OpenDocument

Fair play to judge o'connor. About time someone put beades in his place...quite a strongly worded judgment.

Fair play to judge o'connor. About time someone put beades in his place...quite a strongly worded judgment.

He pulled no punches here.

''Counsel related the submissions made on the instructions of Mr. Beades to the levels to which Mr. Beades will stoop to frustrate the orders for possession which have been granted and affirmed after exhausting attempts by Mr. Beades to use the processes provided for by the rules of court.

The “level of interference” was described as a form of “legal terrorism”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

I'm quite sure he never made it through the lobby of the SEC

GavMan wrote: »
    I'm quite sure he never made it through the lobby of the SEC
    I was searching yesterday to see if I could find any "tour" he may have gone on, no joy.

Meanwhile.

A reporter might drop in on this. Only '' €20 a head, and free car-parking.''

https://www.facebook.com/events/438085410347738/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Holy Mary wrote: »
    Meanwhile.

A reporter might drop in on this. Only '' €20 a head, and free car-parking.''

https://www.facebook.com/events/438085410347738/

2 people going, 13 interested :pac:

• Advertisement

Bit of a return to the origins of the freeman nonsense
    A man who refused to register his son’s birth because he says he does not want him to be controlled by the state has lost a high court case.
    The judge said the father regarded registering a birth as the equivalent of making an entry on to a ship’s manifest. He argued that registering the birth would make the child “an asset to the country, which has boarded a vessel to sail on the high seas”.
    He also noted that the father’s behaviour towards a judge in the family court resulted in a prison sentence for him and his partner

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/23/man-refused-to-register-sons-birth-high-court

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

God, I'd forgotten him.

Will the people like the above and all those others who've graced the pages of this thread ever change? Will this thread still be going in 20 years time and they'll still be working on exposing/bringing down the system etc?

Is there a reformed Freeman/Freeman survivors group to show me that some of these guys may wake up one day and go "that's enough of this crap".

Is there a reformed Freeman/Freeman survivors group to show me that some of these guys may wake up one day and go "that's enough of this crap".[/QUOTE]

No doubt, when the funding dries up. Which can't be too far away.
    The well may be running dry for some of the usual suspects.

No sour grapes. He did it all for you and I.

https://www.facebook.com/ben.gilroy.96/videos/10216823433850462/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lunchtime today, on the east side of Stephen's Green there was a woman yelling into a megaphone so loud barely a word could be made out.

I came back 15 minutes later and could still hear it so walked back on that side of the street to see wtf was going on. She was still there, incoherently yelling her head off.

A large placard covered in scribble - all I could decipher was

BEN... something something
    Garda.... something something
    Corrupt this
    Corrupt that
    Corrupt the other

Could this have been on behalf of Ireland's least electorally popular wielder of a hurley?

Department of Justice HQ is on the southwest corner of the green...

Oh, and she was attracting an attentive crowd of precisely zero people.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wonder if it could be related to some anti-fluoride slogans I've seen scrawled on some cardboard tied to the railings of Grattan's Parliament?

Anybody know what happened in court yesterday with Ben?

Anybody know what happened in court yesterday with Ben?

Adjourned till monday. Various undertakings were given according to the courts website...dont know what undertakings were given but i recall a lot of tough talk from him in his live video on thursday that he wont give any undertakings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lunchtime today, on the east side of Stephen's Green there was a woman yelling into a megaphone so loud barely a word could be made out.

I came back 15 minutes later and could still hear it so walked back on that side of the street to see wtf was going on. She was still there, incoherently yelling her head off.

A large placard covered in scribble - all I could decipher was

BEN... something something
    Garda.... something something
    Corrupt this
    Corrupt that
    Corrupt the other

Could this have been on behalf of Ireland's least electorally popular wielder of a hurley?

Department of Justice HQ is on the southwest corner of the green...

Oh, and she was attracting an attentive crowd of precisely zero people.

Jordan Peterson says she’s doing that because standing on the street shouting incoherently beside placards covered in scribbles is much much easier then facing up to, and dealing with, the very serious “issues” she should be dealing with in her own private life.
    You’d have to take his point there.
    Still, I’m glad I live in a country where you can still stand on the pavement shouting your complaints to no one in particular without being hauled away by some dictators henchmen.
    She’s not really doing anyone except herself any harm.

Advertisement