Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

gaduktos wrote: »
    I just unlocked it, but when I put lycamobile sim card in, it shows no service - emergency calls only! does it work with lycamoblie Irealnd or it is something wong with my phone?

Thanks

Most likely just need to put in the apn settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

There'd be no extra stock over the BH Weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

For those of you experiencing the lack of notification light, try doing a factory reset. I just did this now, and it seems to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

My email account is with Eircom and I've been trying to set up email account for past 2 hours but keep getting message 'couldn't open connection to server' I'm pretty clueless.....can anyone help??

Trish56 wrote: »
    My email account is with Eircom and I've been trying to set up email account for past 2 hours but keep getting message 'couldn't open connection to server' I'm pretty clueless.....can anyone help??

Something along the lines of this taken from eircoms forum

You may need to manually setup your email and ensure you don't use SMTP Authentication.

I found the following information regarding setting up an eircom email on a Samsung Galaxy Ac

1) Select email app

2) input email address & password

3) select manual set up

4) POP3 = webmail.eircom.net

5) PORT = 110

6) outgoing mail = mail1.eircom.net

7) PORT = 25

8) uncheck "require sign in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I can get as far as 5 on your list however I am not given the option of 6, 7 or 8 just next and then message saying cannot connect to server.

The good guys over at modaco.com have only managed to flash a custom recovery on this. Not long now before we have custom roms!

modaco.com/forums/topic/375483-root-and-bootloader-discussion/?page=2#comment-2261492

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

FrostyJim wrote: »
    The good guys over at modaco.com have only managed to flash a custom recovery on this. Not long now before we have custom roms!

modaco.com/forums/topic/375483-root-and-bootloader-discussion/?page=2#comment-2261492
    Why would you want a custom rom?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Why would you want a custom rom?
    I'd like to put something like cyanogenmod on it, or atleast a rom that is based on 5.1.1. Stock 5.0.1 can be buggy here and there. Also custom roms have different tweaks here and there that you won't get in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I got my 10 pack of covers this morning, delighted as they fit perfectly and all the bits are in the right places!!

Will pm anyone who messaged me originally with details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Does anyone know how to remove the speed dials from the cal screen? I keep accidentally calling people by just touching the screen.

Also, my covers arrived today too! I'll message people when I'm home later, I haven't actually seen the covers yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »

This arrived in the post today, does the job nicely. All the cutouts are spot on. I wouldnt mind it being a shade snugger to the phone, but it'll stay on just fine. Came to €9.55 all in, not exactly cheap, but pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

corwill wrote: »
    This arrived in the post today, does the job nicely. All the cutouts are spot on. I wouldnt mind it being a shade snugger to the phone, but it'll stay on just fine. Came to €9.55 all in, not exactly cheap, but pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Less than €7 delivered from their eBay store.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Cotechs-Gel-Case-Cover-Skin-For-New-2015-Vodafone-Smart-ULTRA-6-Smartphone-/381341594675?nav=SEARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what type of charger connection is on this phone ?
    Is it interchangeable with other phones or is it a Vodafone only type ??

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me what type of charger connection is on this phone ?
    Is it interchangeable with other phones or is it a Vodafone only type ??

Thanks

Jay

Same as all android phones, micro USB.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hi Dennis,

Thanks, that's great

Jay.

Anyone spotted in-stock tempered glass screen protectors anywhere reputable yet?

unreg999 wrote:
    I got my 10 pack of covers this morning, delighted as they fit perfectly and all the bits are in the right places!!

unreg999 wrote:
    Will pm anyone who messaged me originally with details

Sorry for delay in PMS... Have to do it on laptop as messaging system on fone is a pain in the neck!
    Will do it as soon as I get home this evening! :)

I've answered back all the PM's I think so first come first served... but when they're gone they're gone lol

Just to let you know, they fit great and all the holes are positioned perfectly for the Smart Ultra (Not ZTE Prime 6 plus!) other than that they are made of the soft almost velvet-feel silicon rather than the hard plastic version (if you know what I mean) so quite bendy/malleable as opposed to rigid & hard!

I have a few colours left now so if anyone wants one let me know in a PM please (black & purple are gone, also have blue, pink, light blue & white on possible hold!)

That leaves- green, yellow, orange & red (though they have been offered, as I said it's first come, first served!)

• Advertisement

unreg999 wrote: »
    I've answered back all the PM's I think so first come first served... but when they're gone they're gone lol

Just to let you know, they fit great and all the holes are positioned perfectly for the Smart Ultra (Not ZTE Prime 6 plus!) other than that they are made of the soft almost velvet-feel silicon rather than the hard plastic version (if you know what I mean) so quite bendy/malleable as opposed to rigid & hard!

I have a few colours left now so if anyone wants one let me know in a PM please (black & purple are gone, also have blue, pink, light blue & white on possible hold!)

That leaves- green, yellow, orange & red (though they have been offered, as I said it's first come, first served!)

Black, purple, red, dark blue and pink are all gone... sky blue, white, orange, green & yellow left!

there's always one... if three posts out of 650 are too much for you to read or clogging up the thread then I'm sorry... a lot of people are finding it difficult to get covers for this fone and therefore have expressed an interest in one of the pack of ten I got, I think it's as valid as any other post but if the mods don't like it then they are free to take it down as I asked originally when I posted that I had ordered weeks ago!

Hi,

I'll take a Blue one... please..
    if not, ... Green... or white....

Thanks

Jay

Just sold my S5. I was going to go for a Note 4 but now seriously considering this as an option (more than 3 times less money than a Note 4!) - I just want a phone with excellent battery life, decent enough pictures, and a good screen. My S5 had pretty poor battery life.

How is the touch sensitivity on this phone guys? That was an issue with the Smart Prime 6 - the screen was not very sensitive and if you were typing fast you'd miss a few letters.

Also, any issues with light bleed?

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll take a Blue one... please..
    if not, ... Green... or white....

Thanks

Jay

PM'd you! :)

Techmaster wrote: »
    Just sold my S5. I was going to go for a Note 4 but now seriously considering this as an option (more than 3 times less money than a Note 4!) - I just want a phone with excellent battery life, decent enough pictures, and a good screen. My S5 had pretty poor battery life.

How is the touch sensitivity on this phone guys? That was an issue with the Smart Prime 6 - the screen was not very sensitive and if you were typing fast you'd miss a few letters.

Also, any issues with light bleed?

I find it very sensitive, never missed a tap or a letter.. no problems with light bleed at all on mine anyway!

Great fone... absolutely love it, not perfect but not far from it for the price!

unreg999 wrote: »
    I find it very sensitive, never missed a tap or a letter.. no problems with light bleed at all on mine anyway!

Great fone... absolutely love it, not perfect but not far from it for the price!

Thanks for that! Going to pick one up for myself & the father when they get back in stock!

A few tempered glass screen protectors here too: http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_odkw=zte+blade+s6+plus&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xzte+blade+s6+plus+tempered.TRS0&_nkw=zte+blade+s6+plus+tempered&_sacat=0

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Techmaster wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Going to pick one up for myself & the father when they get back in stock!

A few tempered glass screen protectors here too: http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_odkw=zte+blade+s6+plus&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xzte+blade+s6+plus+tempered.TRS0&_nkw=zte+blade+s6+plus+tempered&_sacat=0

I thought the Vodafone model was slightly different to the normal 6 plus? Will these fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I messaged everyone who had requested covers from me. Others feel free to PM now with a request but I'm giving priority for the next day to those who asked first!

• Advertisement

I thought the Vodafone model was slightly different to the normal 6 plus? Will these fit?

Screen size is the same, looking at the pictures online they both look the same at the front (e.g. front camera placement, front buttons)- should be fine.

Advertisement