Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even More Tesco Bargains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Unless- there other stores are handling the competitor coupons differently- and we do seem to have encountered quite a few different stores having different interpretations of the scheme.......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    So thats it, the final total has to be over 50€ - AFTER the dicsount, so in order for it to work the wine bill has to be Min €62.50 right?

Wine = €62.50
    25% Discount = €12.50
    Bill total = €50.00
    Less Lidl Voucher = €40.00

Correct?
    Yup! A couple of the cut price boxes of Magnums- are a great way to bump it up :)

Actually I think I'm wrong in my maths here -

It should be

The final total has to be over 50€ - AFTER the discount, so in order for it to work the wine bill has to be Min €67.00 right?

Wine = €67.00
    25% Discount = €16.75
    Bill total = €50.25
    Less Lidl Voucher = €40.25

Have I this finally correct?

1L Captain Morgan's is €25 and some of the other whiskeys have good reductions at the moment. Throw in a bottle with the wine and you will have spent more than enough to use the €10 Lidl voucher.
    even throw in 24 cans of Bud/Heino for €26 for the summer BBQ. It's a good weekend for stocking up on alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It seems that this wont work though as final total before using voucher has to be 50€

I'm nearly sure the last time this happened, I got wine in Tesco Stillorgan for over €50/under €60, then got the 25% off and used the €10 voucher after but as said already, a lot of the staff don't know how to process them.
    This time around it could be different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Actually I think I'm wrong in my maths here -

It should be

The final total has to be over 50€ - AFTER the discount, so in order for it to work the wine bill has to be Min €67.00 right?

Wine = €67.00
    25% Discount = €16.75
    Bill total = €50.25
    Less Lidl Voucher = €40.25

Have I this finally correct?

I'd agree with your figures. I got caught once when was just under the €50 after the 15% discount and cashier advised to add something on or couldn't use the €10 voucher.

• Advertisement

AND is it 25% off 6 bottles OR MORE or just 6 exactly ?? I assume it's off 6+

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yep 6+

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Printed one of these off earlier (with thanks to the OP) and used it in Tesco without any bother:

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057436865http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057436865

Handy if you're only spending €25 or indeed if you need multiple vouchers for multiple transactions over the weekend!

Made sure to print it in colour on high quality paper and guillotine the edges so it would look respectable!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Quackster wrote: »
    Printed one of these off earlier (with thanks to the OP) and used it in Tesco without any bother:

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057436865http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057436865

Handy if you're only spending €25 or indeed if you need multiple vouchers for multiple transactions over the weekend!

Made sure to print it in colour on high quality paper and guillotine the edges so it would look respectable!! :D

Tesco said on their FB page that they only take vouchers from Dunne's Supervalue , Lidl and Aldi.

Has M&S been added?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

isn't there another thread for voucher calculations and discussion?

anyway,

cameras are back in the crescent store in Limerick.

the only difference between the 2 - model 783HD is €10 and model 785HD is €20 - is that the 785 has a 2 inch screen and the 783 has a 1.77 inch screen. Otherwise they are exactly the same with the same accessories.

However, some of the colours could also be different prices - the silver 783 is €10 but the blue 783 is scanning at €20 - I pointed this out at the till and she adjusted the blue one to €10 by scanning the silver one twice.

it looks like the clearance sale is officially starting today - the staff were putting extra stuff on the shelves and pricing it down - toys, household, electronics etc.

There is a Tesco cross-cut shredder for €10 too. Don't have the model number - blue box.

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    isn't there another thread for voucher calculations and discussion?

Is there? you might give us a link thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tesco said on their FB page that they only take vouchers from Dunne's Supervalue , Lidl and Aldi.

Has M&S been added?

They have also confirmed via Facebook and/or Twitter in recent weeks that they also accept M&S and Iceland vouchers. And not just in Tesco stores near an M&S or Iceland either but all ROI Tesco stores (except Tesco Express).

Is there? you might give us a link thanks

here you go :

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

or, if you'd prefer :

Lidl E10 vouchers

ablelocks wrote: »

Ah no, wouldn't be bothered discussing Tesco bargains there thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Very few electrical "bargains" in Stillorgan today.

tesco nenagh:

Sony 32" TV kdl32r433 - €199
    Sony 32" TV kdl32ex653 - 249
    Samsung 40" TV ue40h5500 - €399

Disney planes diecast asst - €1.12 (small planes)
    Crayola Marker maker and airbrush maker sets half price at €17 something (marker maker previously scanned at €4 last year!)

2 books for €10 - recently published, normally 7.95 to 9.95 each, and a decent selection

philips omron c350 electric toothbrush - €20

crockpot slow cooker €24.99 (in limerick stores too)

there were Fissler saucepans and frying pans being put on the "clearance" shelves in the crescent sc in Limerick this morning, but weren't priced at that stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oranmore
    Remington mens Shaver €17.99 unknown model, looked expensive though
    T mp3 player €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

This paddling pool is €10 In dundrum. They have a few of them in the clearance section down from €23 (ish).

The website here seems to be giving a different price and saying only 25% off. But it's definitely over €20...

http://m.tesco.ie/mt/w...etails/?id=267413857

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire- 19" TV, either Toshiba or Hitachi:- €70
    Merrion:- apple iPad protection warranty reduced to €2.50 from 30 odd

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

damian139 wrote: »
    Merrion:- apple iPad protection warranty reduced to €2.50 from 30 odd

Where are they located in the store? Didnt see any this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

There's an iPad display at the end of an aisle, the price is displayed on a shelf underneath. There's none of these items above the price tag, the one i saw was underneath where the iPad covers are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

microsoft HD6000 webcam reduced to €10 in Arklow
    On a normal display

350452.jpg

These Tesco Cheeky Bots nappies seem to be on clearance
    at €15 for quite a large box
    e.g. 164 size 4 for €15
    various sizes available

350453.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

These Tesco Cheeky Bots nappies seem to be on clearance
    at €15 for quite a large box
    e.g. 164 size 4 for €15
    various sizes available

350453.jpg

Got size 2 in balbriggan last night for a €15 too not bad for 196 nappies
    was 2 boxes left at 11 pm last night beside the downstairs toilet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

CH3OH wrote:
    microsoft HD6000 webcam reduced to €10 in Arklow On a normal display

In dun laoghaire as well...some cheaper 5 eur webcams as well...

Disney 12 inch bike 30 eur down from 70 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tharmor wrote: »
    In dun laoghaire as well...some cheaper 5 eur webcams as well...

Disney 12 inch bike 30 eur down from 70 !!

Same in Wexford,some toys reduced.Transformers Bumblebee flip/change €10.71,WWE Ring €8.PS4 Battlefield Hardline €44.99.
    Discounted stuff was kinda all over the place so it's like hide and seek trying to find stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Sellotape 50 metres normal size in clearence section Tesco Balbriggan extra store 14cent each. Bought 3. About 50 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

HMDX HX-HP610BK JAM Fusion Wireless Stereo Headphones €10 (was €50)

51SETR6HqeL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HX-HP610BK-Fusion-Wireless-Stereo-Headphones-Black/dp/B00F6U56VM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

ShaneU wrote: »
    HMDX HX-HP610BK JAM Fusion Wireless Stereo Headphones €10 (was €50)[/url]
    What store?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭ra0044

Morphy Richards steam generator iron in Clearwater Finglas. marked as €111 reduced from € 149 is scanning at € 50. Model no. 42293. About 4 left on shelves with the other irons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

On an end cap in Claremorris, said to be clearance:
    Remington Hair Straightener S8510 €25
    Remington Hair Straightener S9951 €25

Not sure how good a deal these are, but I needed one so got the S8510, which seems to be the newer model.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement