Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name the cliques of Boards.ie

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You think they have an annual get together, like a union meeting or AGM?
    Yep! Tends to be a back-slapping event, with each them praising the efforts of the other 3.....

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

You think they have an annual get together, like a union meeting or AGM?

We have an AGM every February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

The League of Ireland clique over on the soccer forum. Admonishing and looking down on people who prefer to watch Premiership football over travelling to a shed on a cold night to stand around with a load of fat bald lads in Adidas runners while looking at a shower of long ball merchants hoof it about. Bohs fans appear to be the worst of them all.

I brought my young fella to a few league of Ireland games when he was a kid but we stopped going after a while, any time the Dublin clubs would come up for a game their fans would be effin’ and jeffin’ away like dockers. Throwing shapes and giving it “all that,” whatever “that” is.

Any aspect of the hooligan culture is to be shunned but it appears Bohs and Rovers fans are keen to play ultra when they’re away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Were you one of those lads posting in that other thread? You need to cop on to yourself and stop trying to rile me up, following me around from thread to thread like a beggar.

I also happen to be in this thread. And why do beggars follow you around the village? Something to do I suppose. Passes the day for the both of yez.

Talking of cliques there was a band of clowns in that thread with the same limited style thanking and reposting each other.

In general though I don’t see much cliquish behaviour here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Is After Hours smart arses a clique? I might start one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any aspect of the hooligan culture is to be shunned but it appears Bohs and Rovers fans are keen to play ultra when they’re away from home.

Ultra does not equal hooligan but off you go with more of your ignorance. Also, 95% of LOI fans follow teams in England so JohnnyFlash is wide of the mark there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Were you one of those lads posting in that other thread? You need to cop on to yourself and stop trying to rile me up, following me around from thread to thread like a beggar.

I'm here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The League of Ireland clique over on the soccer forum. Admonishing and looking down on people who prefer to watch Premiership football over travelling to a shed on a cold night to stand around with a load of fat bald lads in Adidas runners while looking at a shower of long ball merchants hoof it about. Bohs fans appear to be the worst of them all.

The smugness of LoI fans make me not want to watch LoI.

Kinda irrelevant to me anyways, I don't come from anywhere were there is a club and English football is more exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ohfa6muwtsvkc1

The smugness of LoI fans make me not want to watch LoI.

Kinda irrelevant to me anyways, I don't come from anywhere were there is a club and English football is more exciting.

[Not a football head, stupid question incoming] Is the Premier League the best to watch? I've some hipster friends who bemoan it and say the German league is better but they're contrarian. I'm not sure if there;s an objective measure (European championships?) but wondering on it from someone who knows their stuff?[/]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Is After Hours smart arses a clique? I might start one.
    You'll just have to apply just like everyone else. I do take bribes. Though going on previous AJ, I reckon you'll get the nod. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

[Not a football head, stupid question incoming] Is the Premier League the best to watch? I've some hipster friends who bemoan it and say the German league is better but they're contrarian. I'm not sure if there;s an objective measure (European championships?) but wondering on it from someone who knows their stuff?[/]

English league is most exciting imo. Champions are pretty interchangeable amongst the top teams as opposed to Germany where Bayern have a monopoly, Spain where it's Barca or Madrid, Italy where it's always Juventus...

Standard of football is quite decent down the league for the most part too (and similarly the Championship) as a result of the massive money clubs get or got from TV deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Well, it's all subjective to be honest.

There are realistically 5-6 teams in the premier league that could win the league there; right now is it between City and Liverpool, looks like City have the psychological edge though with 9 or so games to go.

LoI can be exciting as well in it's own way, it's just the standard of football and amenities is pretty poor.

As for Germany/Bundeliga - Dortmund and Bayern are neck and neck, really the only two teams that can win the league there anyways.

Same with Spain with Barca/Real Madrid with Atletico Madrid crashing the party from time to time.

So it depends on your preference, mine is the Premier league all the way. Bottom team can beat top at any even time.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

I can find out who all my favourites are using this:

https://www.boards.ie/love.php

Thank you gloom. My fan club revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,812 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Giveaway wrote: »
    Sinn Fein/PPP bots. Need to realise if the revolution didn t happen in the 1920s, its never gonna happen

I saw a new one the other day. TrotBots.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Amish, Maori, Travellers, Amazonian Tribes and African Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We hate RobbingBandit ltd is thriving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The AH traveller-basher society - must hate travellers with every fibre of being to be allowed join.

The AH traveller-loving society - must love travellers with every fibre of being to be allowed join.

fixed that for u

easy game to play, this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i............... must ................not................ post................... anything.................... Arrgggghhhh .................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The AH traveller-basher society - must hate travellers with every fibre of being to be allowed join.

that's not a clique, i disagree with eotr on that thread but find myself agreeing with him on others, for example

Those werewolf people are bit weird. Best avoided. All that stabbing and betrayal is messy.

But great fun!

Come join our clique. We promise to not kill you for a few hours. After that, new meat tastes sweetest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

One I crossed recently was the sartorially challenged bootcut jeanophiles.

Very sensitive bunch.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The construction and planning forum I find fairly hostile, particularly one mod. Seem to give short shrift to anyone not already an expert builder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    i............... must ................not................ post................... anything.................... Arrgggghhhh .................

That didn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,859 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ush1 wrote: »
    The construction and planning forum I find fairly hostile, particularly one mod. Seem to give short shrift to anyone not already an expert builder.
    Have to agree...it is suffocated by arrogance and 'have you got planning/met the regs' type conversation closers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Da fuq is this, Mean Girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

I don't believe I'm a member of any particular clique but I've seen a few mentioned that I'm definitely not a member of. :)

That aside, if anyone thinks I'm a member of their clique, please send the relevant membership pack, and if any cliques are accepting new members, please send an application form...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Those werewolf people are bit weird. Best avoided. All that stabbing and betrayal is messy.
    Necro wrote: »
    You take that back or I'll set the hounds, I mean... the clique... I mean...

Wolf.
    But great fun!

Come join our clique. We promise to not kill you for a few hours. After that, new meat tastes sweetest.

Always liking and quoting each others posts to excess too and now our mod is mod of you all Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha

Please raise your hand if you have ever felt personally victimised by Regina George werewolfers

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

The After Hours Haters. Complain constantly about how awful AH is and how awful the posters in AH are. Seem to spend all their time in AH.

storker wrote: »
    I don't believe I'm a member of any particular clique but I've seen a few mentioned that I'm definitely not a member of. :)

That aside, if anyone thinks I'm a member of their clique, please send the relevant membership pack, and if any cliques are accepting new members, please send an application form...

If you get satisfaction from killing innocent villagers then werewolf is your clique.