Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name the cliques of Boards.ie

Options
  • 06-07-2018 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Not noticed it myself but I've seen posters mention that there are cliques of posters on Boards who thank each other irregardless of content. As I say I've not seen it and certainly don't do it but I wondered has anyone else noticed it. If you could name each group how would you do it (being civil). For example there's certainly a unionist and nationalist clique on Boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I only thank one particular users posts so senpai will notice me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

As a member of the Judean People's front there's only one thing worse than the egyptians, and that's the Peoples front of Judea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The runners forum is an echo chamber , don’t dare criticize the Dublin city Marathon , all the pacers are all over that forum .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

The re-reg trolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Husker Du

Soccer forum ---->

• Advertisement

There's one group who report everyone they don't agree with politically.

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AlphaOmega1

The Co. Clare sticky on nice lakes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Also reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Cyclists!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

There's one group who will swarm over any poster who says anything negative about their common profession

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Feminists

There's one group who will swarm over any poster who says anything negative about their common profession
    Yeah those god damn librarians

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mods.
    Users.
    Liberals.
    Anti-liberals.
    Cat lovers.
    Sad insensity empathy-lacking losers.

That's about it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This thread is cliquebait, pure and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Nobody ever thinks they’re in a clique, OP! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The Drone clique in Models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

There's that infamous group 'The Mob' AKA all the posters on boards who disagree with me.

You can tell which posters are members of this group because I will endlessly accuse them of engaging in 'witch-hunts' and 'hysteria'.

Don't confuse them with 'The Silent Majority' who are all the posters I know secretly agree with me but who never post on the topic, or thank my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anti pirate association 2017

#pdf

#never4get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

steddyeddy wrote: »
    For example there's certainly a unionist and nationalist clique on Boards.

BRA and BVF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I can find out who all my favourites are using this:

https://www.boards.ie/love.php

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Not noticed it myself but I've seen posters mention that there are cliques of posters on Boards who thank each other irregardless of content. As I say I've not seen it and certainly don't do it but I wondered has anyone else noticed it. If you could name each group how would you do it (being civil). For example there's certainly a unionist and nationalist clique on Boards.

The Right.

Which is a very ironic term for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I'm a clique

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I can clique my fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I've never noticed Boards being particularly cliqueish. You can often see two people fighting to the death on one thread, and then thanking each other on another thread. It's happened to me as well.

Occasionally you will notice a few posters circulating like an angry Rottweiler around one poster, some just randomly popping into the thread to support the ringleader. Sock puppeting springs to mind on those occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The LLS thread on the TV forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Bee keepers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I've never noticed Boards being particularly cliqueish. You can often see two people fighting to the death on one thread, and then thanking each other on another thread. It's happened to me as well.

Occasionally you will notice a few posters circulating like an angry Rottweiler around one poster, some just randomly popping into the thread to support the ringleader. Sock puppeting springs to mind on those occasions.

I never noticed either but I don’t spend much time in the forums which seem to generate a lot of controversy or the controversial threads like the abortion discussion etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

There are a few posters on the Louise O'Neill thread about whom I recently made an observation... Essentially, I'm unable to distinguish between them because they all sort of 'blend into one', such is their lack of originality or humour, their identical world-view, and the total absence of any distinguishing features in their posting styles. They aren't a clique though. If they were, they wouldn't have all responded to my observation separately, but with the same kind of inane, humourless comment. They're just a bunch of people who, to me, seem very similar.

Boards isn't cliquish. If you see cliques everywhere, you're probably paranoid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

There are a few posters on the Louise O'Neill thread about whom I recently made an observation... Essentially, I'm unable to distinguish between them because they all sort of 'blend into one', such is their lack of originality or humour, their identical world-view, and the total absence of any distinguishing features in their posting styles. They aren't a clique though. If they were, they wouldn't have all responded to my observation separately, but with the same kind of inane, humourless comment. They're just a bunch of people who, to me, seem very similar.

Boards isn't cliquish. If you see cliques everywhere, you're probably paranoid.

For me, a giveaway is when a poster who has just arrived on the forum posts in a frothing at the mouth, angry way as if they're already in the middle of an argument with the targeted poster.
    They seem a bit too invested and wound up to be just joining the argument. I suppose, with most people nowadays being able to access Boards through multiple devices you are going to have posters registering under several different names.

Advertisement