Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Oh God sorry - I didn't meant to make you feel bad. :D Don't feel bad. It's natural - to be honest I'd be fairly pi**ed off if a two year old came in and kept disturbing the class. I understand that sometimes it's unavoidable and that parents have to bring their kids but I would also expect some consideration for the others there. One kid making a comment ( like Baby 75's child) is not what I would consider a disruption, and I think the leader was totally in the wrong in that situation, but a two year old who can't sit still and would probably spend the whole time babbling would be annoying to everyone (even though I find it cute - as his mummy!! :D).
    I might try it for a week or two, and as you and others have suggested, sit by the door. If it's a disaster I'll know to leave after my WI the following weeks.

May be try and bring some colours and paper I did that and I had got her some girly toys a fake hair dryer and mirror kinda thing. worked a treat she was very quite for ages. sitting close to the door so you can leave if needed is good as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I don't agree with the leader asking people to ignore the child. thats horrible in my opinion. I have kids myself and I don't stay to meetings at all because we have 4 kids altogether one being 5 months old and my meeting is at half 5 so its an akward time to be staying. I don't bring the kids with me, I did once. I brought in my 2 yr old and my 11 yr old but as I said i only get weighed. but if i did stay with them I would be so annoyed if she said that about me :mad:

on another topic I had to get a filling this afternoon and my mouth is still numb!!! I'm trying to think here what to have for my dinner but really want my mouth to be back to normal before I eat lol :)

Oh I bought that minute steak in Aldi today. How many pp are in them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

m'lady wrote: »
    Just made a gorgeous low point vegetarian chilli if anyone is interested, I'll put up recipe. It works out at 3 pp maximum, and is really tasty. I'll have it later with a baked potato and some sour cream I think.:)

would love the recipe please :)

Hey here you go. This makes about 8 portions (I freeze it to have again). Its a very simple but tasty recipe.

Vegetarian chilli

Tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce 11pp
    mushrooms 0pp
    half an onion 0pp
    red and green pepper 0pp
    8 tbsps sweetcorn 4pp
    Tin of chopped tomatoes 0pp
    150 ml vegetable stock
    2 tbsp tomato puree 1pp
    2/3 tbsp of chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it) 0pp

Spray a non stick pan with oil and fry selection of veg. Add the kidney beans, veg stock,can of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Simmer until veg is cooked and sauce is thickened.

I find this recipe so handy as its really adaptable. I mix and match and will have it with a baked potato and cheese on top, with rice or even in a wrap with salad. The above works out at 16 pp, I divided it up into 8 portions so is 2pp a portion (less than I thought!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

lil kc wrote: »
    I understand that it can be annoying but so are people when they are constantly talking,

There have been no kids in my meetings so far so I don't really have a strong opnion on the matter, but I was pretty miffed in the meeting before last. The leader was giving me my stone and there was the usual round of applause and she asked me had I expected to get it that week. So I started telling her about my shocker of a week and straight away there were three women sitting across from me that started chatting amongst themselves. It was so off putting. The leader was distracted, the other people there were distracted and I pretty much just stopped talking. I don't talk much in my meetings as it is but I thought a little bit of respect should have been shown.

In a narky mood today. Killer headache and am thinking I'll use some of my weeklies on a takeaway tonight. Just feel like chilling out and watching tv before an early night. Will walk tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just another note on the pedometer, if anyone has one or is planning to buy one. Check the stride. If you pick average there is a good chance its counting way too many steps when compared to how much you actually move. I walked from my bedroom, down the stairs and into the kitchen and it counted over 70 steps!! Did a quick google and it seems others have had the same issue and its down to the stride. it seems to be down to trial and error to get it right.

Mess around with the stride setting until it actually counts the correct number. Otherwise you're only codding yourself as to how many steps you've done and how many points you've earned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stanlea

Hi all
    just wondering what anyones 'piéce de resistance' is when it comes to food and weight watchers? I find I eat a lot of low fat cottage cheese, pickled beetroot n weight watcher yoghurts since I started and cups of tea or coffee by the truck load!
    Anyone got anything tasty to add that they rely on a lot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Chinafoot wrote: »
    There have been no kids in my meetings so far so I don't really have a strong opnion on the matter, but I was pretty miffed in the meeting before last. The leader was giving me my stone and there was the usual round of applause and she asked me had I expected to get it that week. So I started telling her about my shocker of a week and straight away there were three women sitting across from me that started chatting amongst themselves. It was so off putting. The leader was distracted, the other people there were distracted and I pretty much just stopped talking. I don't talk much in my meetings as it is but I thought a little bit of respect should have been shown.

In a narky mood today. Killer headache and am thinking I'll use some of my weeklies on a takeaway tonight. Just feel like chilling out and watching tv before an early night. Will walk tomorrow :)

It has always been my pet hate to be honest in all class situations, its just so rude and causes awkwardness. Drives me mad. And also when people turn to me to talk. Hate it! Thats what your weeklies are for, enjoy! Well done on the stone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Decided to have a look on littlewoods cause im looking for a swimsuit dress for holidays hoping it be more flattering than swimsuit and i couldn believe the amount of stuff in large sizes they have really suprised and i didnot look in the size16+ section just looked in womens ware section (most stuff is up to size 24 if bigger than that go to size 16+ section:D) and its so much cheaper than simplybe or oxendales:D...

izzy24 wrote: »
    Decided to have a look on littlewoods cause im looking for a swimsuit dress for holidays hoping it be more flattering than swimsuit and i couldn believe the amount of stuff in large sizes they have really suprised and i didnot look in the size16+ section just looked in womens ware section (most stuff is up to size 24 if bigger than that go to size 16+ section:D) and its so much cheaper than simplybe or oxendales:D...

Ohhh must take a look. I am searching for a swimsuit/tankini and cat get a nice one, when I say a nice one I mean one that will hide a multitude! I actually tried one on in 'Heatons' yesterday and was quite flattering, but I needed to go up a size and unfortunately they didnt have it in stock. It was black, with ruffles, which I would have thought was unflattering and added pounds but it had the opposite effect.

Has anyone seen any decent summer clothes anywhere? I am searching and searching and seems to be just crap in the shops!

P.s. do they have swimsuit dresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

When I weigh in with my kids I dont stay to class as I feel it would be distracting as my little one is a real chatterbox also I worry about her getting overly concerned with her weight if exposed to to much talk about it ...i dont mind other people bring there kids but sometimes they really need to be controlled properly............it would be nice maybe if one of the 3 morning classes was a kids free zone.........:P

I am not looking foward to the summer as I wont stay for classes My oh is a lorry driver and is frequently absent from home so I can't go in the evening also I live miles away from both our familes so that is not an option either

• Advertisement

I don't mind children at classes if they stay quiet, but some do need to be controlled more! I would be same as aspie mum, I have a 10 year old girl and would be wary of bringing her as I don't want her to have body issues. Its bad enough the other day she went to point something on my calculator, I nearly died. I am now trying to do it without her around. I was so annoyed with myself for letting that happen and my OH was really p***** off at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Chinafoot wrote: »

God Chinafoot thats not nice at all, its such an achievement to lose one whole stone, well done you! Its a shame that there are some people in classes who kinda "take over". You should be very proud of yourself and what you have achieved and forget about those silly women in your class, you are way better than them, and just keep telling yourself that!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

OMG i actually cannot stop thinking about food! Anything and everything, had stirfry for dinner, which there is still some left over, so mite have that in a while, but just didnt hit the spot!! Dont even know what i want to eat at this stage! Have missed last two WI's due to sickness, so trying to be good!! It hard!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

stanlea wrote: »
    Hi all
    just wondering what anyones 'piéce de resistance' is when it comes to food and weight watchers? I find I eat a lot of low fat cottage cheese, pickled beetroot n weight watcher yoghurts since I started and cups of tea or coffee by the truck load!

I would struggle to do WW without ....
    • Salads(tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, onion, ...) to fill out my meals
    • Veg to lessen the need for more pasta/rice/spudz/meat, before I up'd by veg intale I could eat 4/5 chicken fillets as part of my dinner.
    • Fruit(mostly apples and oranges) as snacks, pineapple can be a nice treat sometimes .... snacks are my easiest to resist as I've been off chocolate for 18months:eek: ... and that was my really big weakness!!
    • but my absolute love these days is: merengue, low fat custard and fruit salad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

I've been on ProPoints since Tuesday and it seems too good to be true, even had Nutella yesterday which is only 2pp for 15g...also had a scone the other day but have stayed within my 29 points a day and haven't used any of my allowance or activity points.

Just seem to be eating loads, can't imagine that I'll lose any weight on this despite sticking to it. Did anyone else feel like that when they started?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I've been on ProPoints since Tuesday and it seems too good to be true, even had Nutella yesterday which is only 2pp for 15g...also had a scone the other day but have stayed within my 29 points a day and haven't used any of my allowance or activity points.

Just seem to be eating loads, can't imagine that I'll lose any weight on this despite sticking to it. Did anyone else feel like that when they started?!?

I wouldn't say that I am eating loads but others on this thread have found it hard to eat their 29PP. Be careful on the PP of scones, our leader said the average scone is around 12PP before you add butter or jam. Small foil pack butter (the tiny ones) are 1PP (I think, stand to be corrected).

On another note, I have just had an epiphany!! WW Pitta (3PP) or WW Bagel (4PP) with 2/3 rasher medallions (PP varies, the Tesco ones I get are 1PP per medallion), small bit of light mayo (not enough to PP), tomatoe and lettuce... Low PP BLT (for lunch)!!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of this sooner!!!

Monife wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that I am eating loads but others on this thread have found it hard to eat their 29PP. Be careful on the PP of scones, our leader said the average scone is around 12PP before you add butter or jam. Small foil pack butter (the tiny ones) are 1PP (I think, stand to be corrected).

On another note, I have just had an epiphany!! WW Pitta (3PP) or WW Bagel (4PP) with 2/3 rasher medallions (PP varies, the Tesco ones I get are 1PP per medallion), small bit of light mayo (not enough to PP), tomatoe and lettuce... Low PP BLT (for lunch)!!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of this sooner!!!

12!!!! In the book it says 5 - luckily I only had one! Thanks for the pitta idea, there is so many low point ways to fill up. This morning I had juiced veg and had a poached egg with grilled tomatoes & mushrooms and the only thing to point was the egg at 2pp!! Think that's why I feel like I'm eating loads because after brekky I seem to have so many points left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

12!!!! In the book it says 5 - luckily I only had one! Thanks for the pitta idea, there is so many low point ways to fill up. This morning I had juiced veg and had a poached egg with grilled tomatoes & mushrooms and the only thing to point was the egg at 2pp!! Think that's why I feel like I'm eating loads because after brekky I seem to have so many points left :)

Yeah it is only 5 for the really really really small ones. Any type you get in the shop range between 6-12PP and the ones in starbucks or coffee shops can easily be 12PP.

I actually gave up scones when I joined ww, cos I realised the one I'd have in my local coffee shop would be at least 12-14 pp, and I'd always have cream, so that's an average of 15 pp. Laughable thing was I'd have that and then be convinced I'd 'eaten nothing all day', lol, just more than half my pp!

Monife wrote: »

I think they are 2pp each, almost positive anyway.

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    I actually gave up scones when I joined ww, cos I realised the one I'd have in my local coffee shop would be at least 12-14 pp, and I'd always have cream, so that's an average of 15 pp. Laughable thing was I'd have that and then be convinced I'd 'eaten nothing all day', lol, just more than half my pp!

Think I'll join you on giving them up! 15pp is crazy, that's almost the same as battered cod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Morning all,

Just had my first weigh in on my shiny new salter scales!

Anyways I STS! I'm kinda peeved cos I pointed absolutely religiously for the week! BUT (and i know this is an ongoing debate..) It's the first time ever I've eaten all 49 weeklies?!!

I'm not sure if this is a contributor, it wasn't intentional either i just needed extra points every day because I'm starving with study!!

On the other hand as I'm chained to my desk I have the luxury of being cooked for now and while I have pointed everything there has defo been an increase in my 'food mix' as such this week-much more carbs than I would normally have. I don't ususally eat potatoes but had them for dinner 4/5 eves this week...
    Can't really change this until after exams as I'm giving them priority and dont have time to plan/cook.
    Hoping maybe my body just needs a week to adjust back after its "break" lol.

Anyways, new week and I've just started it with my first ever bowl of porridge!! I was fab-I had it with blueberries.really hoping it will beat the wheatabix and keep me fuller for longer!!

@Monife I had BLT yesterday on WW wrap :) Great minds eh.. it was nom!

The June bank hol is one month away..-7lbs anyone??!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

stanlea wrote: »
    Hi all

Have to say Porridge is the biz for me at breakfast time, pickled beetroot really livens up a salad at lunch time and my absolute 'piece de resitance' is having my 2 PP Loop the loop after my walk in the evening. Oh and berries, I'm not a huge fruit lover but I like all types of berries, only thing is the damn things are costly!

I'm using my daily points everyday and every single one of my weeklies and have lost both weeks I've had weigh in. I don't use my activity points but to be honest I suppose I wouldn't clock up a whole load of them in the week anyway, walk 4 eves a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

numbernerd wrote: »
    Morning all,
    The June bank hol is one month away..-7lbs anyone??!

Would love it, that would put me 5 below 2stone! or well into the 14st

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Would love it, that would put me 5 below 2stone! or well into the 14st

Wouldn't it be fab! I'm aiming to have a stone more gone by start July as we have a wedding then and I have a dress I bought for a wedding 2 years ago that only got worn the once which I want to fit into for this wedding, tried it on last night and it definitely needs the stone more gone! I moved in with my OH after that wedding in May 09 and 2 extra stone have crept in along with me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

hi just joined weight watchers last thursday weighing in at 13st5lb. On my 5'4' frame i look enormous. My goal weight is 10st and now that im done having my kids i want to reach it. The ww leader didn't ask me what my goal was , do i need to tell her this?
    Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated as im TOTALLY addicted to all the wrong kind of foods!!!!!

thanks

2fat wrote: »
    hi just joined weight watchers last thursday weighing in at 13st5lb. On my 5'4' frame i look enormous. My goal weight is 10st and now that im done having my kids i want to reach it. The ww leader didn't ask me what my goal was , do i need to tell her this?
    Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated as im TOTALLY addicted to all the wrong kind of foods!!!!!

thanks

I'm the same height as you but a couple of stone heavier! :eek:, joined 3 weeks, my leader told me my goal weight was 10st but she did say NOT to focus on that now and take it step by step, so I'm gonna take it silver seven by silver seven instead. In my own head I'd like to be in the 11's but there's a way to go so ....
    Good luck with it, the programme is very do-able and the people on this forum are a godsend with info and support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

i feel the same, stuck to the 29pp and was stuffed. hopefully it works. a little skeptical myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Caros wrote: »
    Have to say Porridge is the biz for me at breakfast time, pickled beetroot really livens up a salad at lunch time and my absolute 'piece de resitance' is having my 2 PP Loop the loop after my walk in the evening. Oh and berries, I'm not a huge fruit lover but I like all types of berries, only thing is the damn things are costly!

Try the frozen berries and fruit from Aldi and Lidl. I use the strawberries all the time, they are great for smoothies especially but if you defrost with a bit of sweetener they are a lovely dessert with a merengue.
    My daughter of 12 came up with a great suggestion this week, we made smoothies with banana, strawberries and lo-cal juice, we had too much so froze it in those children's ice pop makers. Lovely!! 0 pp ice lollies!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement