Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

We had a dog when I was a child who, by the time she was an OAP dog had lost most of her teeth. Her tongue ended up hanging out the side of her mouth in later years because there were no teeth to keep her tongue in.
    We probably should have enquired about doggie dentures for the poor old girl.

I'm PAWsitive there was an ad joking about doggy dentures one time :pac:

I've also just had a flashback to the movie Betthoven about the ginormous St Bernard that would spray drool strings when he shook his head :D

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside, chilled out after a delicious warm chicken salad.

Long drive tomorrow down to Cork for the funeral of the mother of an old friend on Monday.

Sorry to hear that JK, I'm sure your friend will really appreciate you travelling, you are great to make the effort recently with the funerals, you're a great friend to them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Eating all the lovely kit kats :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Onshuh wrote: »
    Eating all the lovely kit kats :D

I need to get the limited edition ones, some of those were just amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Contemplating relocating to Galway or Cork. Need a change of scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I need to get the limited edition ones, some of those were just amazing

I've cookies and cream and dark mint here. I'll sell ya a quarter.... :pac:

Want double choc fudge and cookies ones :P Feck it have to go hunting one of the days..

Contemplating relocating to Galway or Cork. Need a change of scenery.

Heading into an uncertain winter with covid i'd be cautious on the job front plus winter can feel endless at times anyway but yes you've two good options there.

Heading into an uncertain winter with covid i'd be cautious on the job front plus winter can feel endless at times anyway but yes you've two good options there.
    I do worry with Covid as I have an autoimmune disease. But I have been promised a place already in Galway. I'm a trained Chef so it is starting to lean towards there. Unless I hear from places in Cork. Then it is a pro and con game.

There's always lots of little things you need to know but being a chef you won't be short on employment i'm sure..

• Advertisement

There's always lots of little things you need to know but being a chef you won't be short on employment i'm sure..

I understand that and not rushing into anything at the moment. I would love to hear from boardies who live in those places to help me know a bit about the areas.

I understand that and not rushing into anything at the moment. I would love to hear from boardies who live in those places to help me know a bit about the areas.

There are cork and galway regional threads, good place to start, introduce yourself and see how it goes..

I'm in Donegal
    The weather is horrendous!
    Hopefully 2moro clears up.... So we can go some places & do some stuff! :)

It's good fun all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Good morrow kind folk.

It's a breezy one here

It's a breezy one here

Are you in the West? It is always windier there. Calm here in Corcaigh. I ran out of bread had to go to the 24 hour for some. Anything instead of mouldy toast :eek:

Windy and mild, but not too wet. Must pick up bread on the way home myself..

Windy and mild, but not too wet. Must pick up bread on the way home myself..

The site is gone weird. yes you need some bread for your sambos toast etc.

The site is gone weird. yes you need some bread for your sambos toast etc.

I love my toast :o Yeah weird slowdown with site just there

I love my toast :o Yeah weird slowdown with site just there

i was trying to post they only had Irish Pride brown which isn't the nicest but it's better than naught.

• Advertisement

Grand for toast but i always find it dry for sandwiches

Grand for toast but i always find it dry for sandwiches

It's a bit like cardboard.

What'd be nice now is some mccambridges or similar with soup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Somehow this beach has a lot of sand and very little water.

526162.jpeg

526163.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hi ho hi ho, its off to work i go, hope no delays as I have a swab test after this. Probably late to get the results today so should be heading home tomorrow

Fingers crossed Smurf. There must be a point where sand becomes desert instead of beach, hmm, pondering

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Autosport wrote: »
    I don’t drink tea and I especially wouldn’t drink barry’s muck :D

Ah at last someone I can share with! No tea ever defiles this house!

Everyone wondering how the cat will get away with my murder..

Easy. Tonto almost does it every day; trip her up boy! Wind round her ankles and POW! Down she goes!

A cat lower itself to eating mere human meat?. I think not :pac:

when I lived in Sheffield in a council flat, a lady nearby was found dead after a while several days. She had cats and no longer had any feet or legs.

The same has happened with dogs.

My cats know that if I die alone, as I assuredly will, they have full permission to eat me.

• Advertisement

It's a breezy one here

Been blowing a loud gale all night out here in the Atlantic... first of the autumnal gales.

As for bread. The white stuff they sent by mistake made me ill and reading the label.... So many toxic additiives.. So, deep breath and financial jugglings, I need to order a basic breadmaker … I have flour etc..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement