Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Warnings Jan 1st-3rd 2016: Latest Alert Post #91

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Had to go my grandmothers for dinner which meant I'd to leave the house and lads in cork the rain is just continuous. The cork flood alert Facebook page is doing Trojan work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Itssoeasy wrote: »

And so it begins again

Absolutely pelting rain here close to enniscorthy in Wexford not to windy but an awful lot of rain heading to a river that is very full already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Had to go my grandmothers for dinner which meant I'd to leave the house and lads in cork the rain is just continuous. The cork flood alert Facebook page is doing Trojan work again.

Agreed, they're absolutely excellent. As an ex cork dweller I follow their stuff, shame they can't cover the whole country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Road between Fermoy and Ballyduff

1474555_748437058620423_5554306875622522634_n.jpg?oh=75340d20ae93696d8aa5d4b78bee6ccf&oe=5700CBB5&__gda__=1464449675_c84a6071af4f280fac4bcf60da9f56d5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Strong wind here in Drogheda, in a reasonably sheltered area in the middle of the housing estate. Must be pretty bad down south by the sea.

Road between Fermoy and Ballyduff

1474555_748437058620423_5554306875622522634_n.jpg?oh=75340d20ae93696d8aa5d4b78bee6ccf&oe=5700CBB5&__gda__=1464449675_c84a6071af4f280fac4bcf60da9f56d5

Christ. My brother has to drive from dingle to cork city at some point today. That'll be fun id say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Absolutely p!ssing down here in the Waterford now.

It's lashing in cork and it's getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Bicycle wrote: »
    The ESB have upped the output from Parteen Weir to 470 Cumecs, meaning those not adequately protected from the lower reaches of the Shannon are at risk of flooding again.

Its raining here in Limerick at the moment but not significantly so. Thankfully.

The wind seems to pick up. Raining but at least not too heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grange is so far at 10.1mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Cork City centre flood free but high tide is at 10pm. Rain is lashing down, conditions are getting worse. In Douglas at the moment, came from
    Blarney.

Cork county council have posted a boil water notice on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Cork county council have posted a boil water notice on Facebook.

For Whitegate, Cloyne and Ballycotton only....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

With all this rain it's hard to believe that this is actually the driest day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

sjb25 wrote: »
    And so it begins again

Absolutely pelting rain here close to enniscorthy in Wexford not to windy but an awful lot of rain heading to a river that is very full already
    positron wrote: »
    Strong wind here in Drogheda, in a reasonably sheltered area in the middle of the housing estate. Must be pretty bad down south by the sea.

I'm south of Gorey on the coast. Windy but not huge amounts of rain at least not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Christ. My brother has to drive from dingle to cork city at some point today. That'll be fun id say

I drove Cork to south Kerry an hour ago and it was fine. Surface water in places but nothing too deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

The Lee seems to be ok in Cork City Centre at the moment although high tide is still a few hours away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

here at the butt of the galtees, the wind is very strong and is really driving the rain, its been like thay all day, perhaps it getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

MidMan25 wrote: »
    For Whitegate, Cloyne and Ballycotton only....

It mentions Ballinacurra also, so I guess this means everywhere south of Ballinacurra and east to Ballycotton.

Is there any site that tells you which areas exactly are on which water scheme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Raining heavy here in Tipperary town area all day , alot of road flooding .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

N Kildare getting away with murder today in the rain shadow of the wicklow mtns

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Emergency services in Kilkenny preparing for imminent flooding in Freshford.
    Road between knocktopher and Monroe Cross at Ballyhale is now impassable.
    More flooding in Graignamanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

thankfully i can say the north east is escaping this rain this evening, i need all the dry spells i can get.

Just going by the cork flood alerts page there seems to be a few rivers bursting their banks. The glashaboy river in glanmire has burst its banks. Is the high tide around 10pm ? Hopefully the river lee doesn't burst its banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Just going by the cork flood alerts page there seems to be a few rivers bursting their banks. The glashaboy river in glanmire has burst its banks. Is the high tide around 10pm ? Hopefully the river lee doesn't burst its banks.
    Do rivers have a high tide as such?
    Or do they just go up and down pending rainfall?

Do rivers have a high tide as such?
    Or do they just go up and down pending rainfall?

I'm open to correction but my understanding was that every river has a low and high tide during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The rain is certainly continuous where I live in Blackrock in Dublin today.

Not making any plans to go out until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

thankfully i can say the north east is escaping this rain this evening, i need all the dry spells i can get.

May have spoke to soon, rain has got a bit heavier here now, hopefully will clear off soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rain has eased off here in Wexford,just in time for me to go for some pints.The problem is on how much falls in the Wicklow mountains to feed the Slaney.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement