Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

don't suppose anyone here's got a pair of ps2 fighting sticks laying about the place gatherin dust they'd be willing to part with ...? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Does anyone know where I can source 2 MadCatz fightpads ? I'm looking to do a pad hack on them for use in a New Astro City cabinet. I've tried amazon, and the reseller (popcorn UK) won't ship to Ireland. Ebay has 1 or 2 for sale, but are a good bit more expensive. New or Second hand doesn't really bother me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ondafly wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can source 2 MadCatz fightpads ? I'm looking to do a pad hack on them for use in a New Astro City cabinet. I've tried amazon, and the reseller (popcorn UK) won't ship to Ireland. Ebay has 1 or 2 for sale, but are a good bit more expensive. New or Second hand doesn't really bother me ?

HMV generally have them for quite cheap, think they were two for €30 at one stage.

HMV generally have them for quite cheap, think they were two for €30 at one stage.

sadly not anymore - I've tried pretty much every HMV in Dublin and none have them in stock and of course they can't seem to locate them on their computer system either.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Play.com have 'em. Free delivery to UK and EU. £17.99 each for the ps3 ones, I wasn't sure which system you wanted them to be compatible with.

Neeknak wrote: »
    Play.com have 'em. Free delivery to UK and EU. £17.99 each for the ps3 ones, I wasn't sure which system you wanted them to be compatible with.

apologies I should have mentioned its for the 360

I'm going with this hack

http://bencao74.blogspot.com/2010/02/dual-strike-meets-fight-pad.html

and then I'll have xbox,xbox360,ps3,pc funtionality through the NAC control panel.

just to say I picked up 2 from play.com for 40 each, over priced i feel, but free delivery and I'm tired of looking for them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Thats strange because they have a rake of them in the two Limerick HMV's. I got one last year for €20 I think, so they could even be cheaper now.

well Play.com refunded the credit card for the fightpads - guessing they don't actually have them anymore ! so found another reseller on amazon who has them and ordered them. Looks like a bit of a shortage happening for the old fightpads !
    Rob2D wrote: »
    Thats strange because they have a rake of them in the two Limerick HMV's. I got one last year for €20 I think, so they could even be cheaper now.

Indeed - I saw loads of them 3 or 4 weeks ago in HMV, and at the time I didn't think I needed them and when I went back in the other week they were gone, no sign of them anywhere.

If I do spy them again in HMV I'll defo be picking up a few, they are very handy for DIY with the dual strike PCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

HMVs have a linked inventory system, and one store which has demand for a particular item can request them from a store that has stock and no demand.

If you're willing to pay some or all of the price of two fightpads upfront, I'm sure whatever HMV is closest to you would be happy to order them.

HMVs have a linked inventory system, and one store which has demand for a particular item can request them from a store that has stock and no demand.

If you're willing to pay some or all of the price of two fightpads upfront, I'm sure whatever HMV is closest to you would be happy to order them.

tried that too - they couldn't find them on the system

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

sadly not anymore - I've tried pretty much every HMV in Dublin and none have them in stock and of course they can't seem to locate them on their computer system either.

I was in HMV in Drogheda (scotch hall) today looking for a TE stick and they had about 10-15 xbox fight pads and about 10 ps3 ones , the ps3 ones were €12.99 and the 360 ones were €13.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 arcadesan

got myself an x arcade stick, but want to put new sticks and buttons in it. my problem is that I can't seem to remove the joysticks. It looks like I've removed all of the nuts/screws, but the joysticks are still held firmly in place. Anyone modded one of these and come up against the same problem?

gizabeer wrote: »
    I was in HMV in Drogheda (scotch hall) today looking for a TE stick and they had about 10-15 xbox fight pads and about 10 ps3 ones , the ps3 ones were €12.99 and the 360 ones were €13.99

doh :pac: where were you a few days ago.

arcadesan wrote: »
    got myself an x arcade stick, but want to put new sticks and buttons in it. my problem is that I can't seem to remove the joysticks. It looks like I've removed all of the nuts/screws, but the joysticks are still held firmly in place. Anyone modded one of these and come up against the same problem?

this might help ? proxy blocked the site, but I'm guessing its a good link

http://shoryuken.com/f177/replacing-x-arcade-joystick-151778/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Stick up some photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If anyone's looking for a 360 Fightpad I have one in basically perfect condition that I'll give someone for €10. I used it once or twice, and then Misty had it for a couple of weeks before he switched to stick.
    Aside from that it's been gathering dust in my room.

sucess!!! used a butter knife to pry it loose (was a little bit of glue holding it in I think).

now onto my next problem, how do I open the joystick itself to remove it from the control panel? :D any joystick I've previously encountered had a nut on the base that once opened allowed the removal of the stick ... but not this one. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It should have an E-ring.

Follow this guide:
    Modifying X—Arcade Dual Joystick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Sairus wrote: »
    If anyone's looking for a 360 Fightpad I have one in basically perfect condition that I'll give someone for €10. I used it once or twice, and then Misty had it for a couple of weeks before he switched to stick.
    Aside from that it's been gathering dust in my room.
    I know Ondafly is first.But if he's sorted i'll take that offer Sairus.
    Need one to mod my cabinet as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Any excuse to mention the cabinet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

doh :pac: where were you a few days ago.

im up in Drogheda every wednesday , I'll pick you one up next week if you want ?

Sound job. I'll have it at Tempest 4 and the Evo Qualifier, so whoever wants it off me can get it at one of those.

It'S predicable I will be at the evo qualifier to collect(and win). if ondafly is sorted my deal is revocable
    Very amicable of you sairus to offer the pad

I really stretched my vocabulary with those words

It'S predicable I will be at the evo qualifier to collect(and win). if ondafly is sorted my deal is revocable

Legend.

How you are related to someone as dull as A-Trak? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it's actually predictable.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/474542/predicable
    Aristotle says so:pac:

Don't argue with him
    arist.jpg

work away - I ordered 2 online the other day, hence the "where were ya" :pac:
    gizabeer wrote: »
    im up in Drogheda every wednesday , I'll pick you one up next week if you want ?

no need man - appreciate it though. I might take a swing up there myself though and stock up on one or two. They are an excellent pad for modding.

cheers for the help. Here is my stick wip (wanted to test the look of the overlay first so just put the original buttons/sticks back in).

Don't know what to do with the p1 and 2 buttons though, placementwise.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm looking for a good stick for SF4, Pm me plz

• Advertisement

cheers for the help. Here is my stick wip (wanted to test the look of the overlay first so just put the original buttons/sticks back in).

Don't know what to do with the p1 and 2 buttons though, placementwise.
    The buttons in the lower row?

I say replace them with 28mm button plugs and move them somewhere else -- you do NOT want to accidentally hit Start in the middle of an (offline) match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

:confused::confused:

If anybody sees this anywhere, I'll take as many as they feel they can spare.

Like seriously how can they sell at that price? That pretty much only covers one button.

EDIT : Just checked that thread. Apparently it was once off to get rid of their last one. But still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Woah that is crazy I payed 30 times that and thought I got a good deal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Woah that is crazy I payed 30 times that and thought I got a good deal :(

Me too! what was i thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I have a Hori real arcade pro ex (not modded) for xbox 360 for sale. Boxed and perfect condition.

eco2live wrote: »
    I have a Hori real arcade pro ex (not modded) for xbox 360 for sale. Boxed and perfect condition.

How much are you asking for?

How much are you asking for?

For you €50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

good price, I'd be tempted if chopper doesnt take it

• Advertisement

Thats collection only from Naas by the way. Should have said.

I'll happily pay for postage if the stick is for €50.

could you meet me at newlands cross during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

next in line:D:Dafter sagat

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Hey all, been playing a lot over the last few months using a Dualshock 3 on PC but i've been looking around for a while now at sticks and i think i've come to the conclusion that i'm going to buy either an SE stick or the WWE Brawl stick, i don't think that spending 100 and something euro on a TE stick would be the best idea for me as i've never really used one for fighting games and i'm not sure how i'll like it, but i was thinking about those sticks because they're relatively cheap and the parts can be swapped for sanwa if i decide i like it and feel the buttons and/or joystick aren't as responsive as i'd like them.

I think i've made a good decision but i wouldn't mind hearing the opinions of a few people with more wisdom on the subject than me. Any reason to choose the SE over the Brawl Stick or vice versa would also be appreciated because i'm quite stuck with regards which one to pick.

Choose the Brawl Stick instead of the SE.

It's uglier, but the parts are of much higher quality.
    You can always change the art for around €4.

• Advertisement

If you're unsure if you're going to like using a stick, get a HORI Fighting Stick EX 2. It's much cheaper than an SE and it works grand for what it is. Or you could come on down to some casuals and try out some peoples' sticks.

To swap out the parts and upgrade your SE to Sanwa parts would be around €70 or so (or so I gather from my extremely brief price checking), so it's not exactly a cheap affair.

Do not listen to Sairus, the EX2 is a waste of money.

<-- STICK KING.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Do not listen to Sairus, the EX2 is a waste of money.

<-- STICK KING.

Shup. My stick has STICK written on it. I'm clearly awesome and knowledgeable.

Sairus wrote: »
    To swap out the parts and upgrade your SE to Sanwa parts would be around €70 or so (or so I gather from my extremely brief price checking), so it's not exactly a cheap affair.

Where did check prices?

Full Sanwa into an SE should be about €50 max.
    20 for the stick.
    4 quid a button
    Few quid for p&p

Even there 4 quid would probably be on the high end and it'd work out more 2/3 but I'm working off memory.

AkihabaraShop.jp
    €21 for Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK / €14 for Seimitsu LS-32-01.
    €1.70 per button (Sanwa OBSF-30)
    p&p

The Sanwa OBSF-30-RG (high-end) buttons are €5 each though.

*edit*
    Other shops to consider:
    eTokki.com
    ArcadeShop.de

• Advertisement
Advertisement