Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

one from march 6th arrived this morning. i had already written it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I got one from Wish yesterday, ordered end of Feb. Still waiting on about 5 others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I am waiting for something and unlike previous orders this one has tracking. Speedpak or something. Which tells me it arrived in Ireland on the 23rd. Its a low cost item around €10 so customs shouldn't be an issue but yet there is no sign of it.

When things from China take forever I always assumed its because its on some ship for weeks. Seems there is more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I am waiting for something and unlike previous orders this one has tracking. Speedpak or something. Which tells me it arrived in Ireland on the 23rd. Its a low cost item around €10 so customs shouldn't be an issue but yet there is no sign of it.

When things from China take forever I always assumed its because its on some ship for weeks. Seems there is more to it than that.

I had one a few weeks ago that had hit Ireland about 6 weeks prior. bUt I'm also getting ones the day after they hit ireland, so I'm not sure how they prioritise them, it might be pot luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

does the tracking tell you that it arrived in ireland or does it tell you that it arrived in destination country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Another one, LX........CN format, posted 14 Jul, arrived today. But despite my name on it, content's nowhere near what I ever bought from China. Straight to the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

does the tracking tell you that it arrived in ireland or does it tell you that it arrived in destination country?

It says
    Jul 23,2020 - 14:34:00
    DUBLIN FWD, IE - Arrived in country

Seems its definitely here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭deandean

Slightly OT but has anyone got 18650 li ion batteries from China? Last time I ordered them they disappeared somewhere en route. I want to order 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

deandean wrote: »
    Slightly OT but has anyone got 18650 li ion batteries from China? Last time I ordered them they disappeared somewhere en route. I want to order 4.

For vaping or tools/torches (for adult toys as well maybe).

Why china? You get them affordably from vape stores here/online?
    If not try 'fogstar' uk website.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Two packages from AE have now gone to status "Accepted by Last Mile Carrier" (after being at Arrived at destination country for the past month) within 24 hours of each other (even tho one package was posted 3 weeks after the first one)

Thought hell yeah then checked 17 Track and now says "The item is at the PostNL sorting center" :(

At least they're nearly here-ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dublinandy3

fritzelly wrote: »
    Two packages from AE have now gone to status "Accepted by Last Mile Carrier" (after being at Arrived at destination country for the past month) within 24 hours of each other (even tho one package was posted 3 weeks after the first one)

Thought hell yeah then checked 17 Track and now says "The item is at the PostNL sorting center" :(

At least they're nearly here-ish

Yeah that’s the problem when they send them via a third country, the tracking thinks the items have hit Ireland when in reality they’ve hit the middle country. I always check that countries own tracking, like if the tracking number ends no you know it’s Netherlands so go on the postnl website.

If it helps postnl have gotten a lot fast the last few weeks with items.

A plus point though when going through a third party especially holland is you don’t get hit with extra tax charges.

I buy off one seller regularly and during the height of civic he switched to dhl so I got it quicker and each time I got vat charges, now it’s back to postnl it’s 2 weeks slower by no charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

Tracked package from China to Beligian post, They told me item arrived in Ireland yesterday but that the tracking number was for the container and that tracking for my item was not possible once in Ireland. Anyone any idea how long it should take now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I have an AliExpress order that is shown delivered now for 2 weeks. I've contacted the seller who insists the item has been delivered and keeps sending me screenshots of the tracking. I rang An Post last week and the person I got said that a lot of tracking numbers are getting mixed up coming from China and routed through Holland. She insists the item hasn't been delivered and I need to make contact with the seller which I did. He's still saying it's delivered. My buyer protection is running out so think I'm going to have to open a dispute but if the item is shown as delivered what hope do I have of getting a refund? Seller doesn't seem to care when I told him about opening a dispute which is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am monitoring a package which shipped from China on 23rd July,

The 2 most recent status remarks are below, does it mean as of 10th August , it is still stuck in China ? It was shipping 3rd August originally, nothing further until i checked it again today.Thanks

2020-08-10 06:59
    The airline is shipping.

2020-08-03 01:24
    The airline is shipping.

Two packages arrived today - ordered 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

fritzelly wrote: »
    Two packages arrived today - ordered 2 months ago

There may be light at the end of the tunnel so.
    I met the postman today, who said there is a load of stuff that will be delivered this week. Talked about a backlog being released and cleared. Perhaps it's a customs thing.
    Anyway, hopefully I get the stuff that I ordered two months ago. I won't be ordering tat from China again though, can't be bothered.

Anyway, hopefully I get the stuff that I ordered two months ago. I won't be ordering tat from China again though, can't be bothered.

Ordered a few things from China on ebay - arrived in about 2 weeks
    It may be more an issue with PostNL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'm waiting on a packet of seeds this long time but I think they got misdirected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

There may be light at the end of the tunnel so.
    I met the postman today, who said there is a load of stuff that will be delivered this week. Talked about a backlog being released and cleared. Perhaps it's a customs thing.

A few days ago I put in a query/refund request for two eBay orders that I made 19 weeks ago that hasn't arrived. The tracking constantly showed something like Shipped To Airline or some other waffle.

Contacted both sellers middle of last week and both said that they'd resend the items.

.....And now ^^^ saying that there is a load of stuff that will be delivered this week

Arrgh!!!! I've already put in (and received) a refund on one Ali order, and then received the product. But these are now 19 weeks missing.

Am I jinxed? If my missing orders now arrive this week I'm never ordering from China again :D

Have an item showing in Irish customs since July 17th. Hopefully arrive in next few days.

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I am monitoring a package which shipped from China on 23rd July,

The 2 most recent status remarks are below, does it mean as of 10th August , it is still stuck in China ? It was shipping 3rd August originally, nothing further until i checked it again today.Thanks

2020-08-10 06:59
    The airline is shipping.

2020-08-03 01:24
    The airline is shipping.

17track.net now shows my package as having reached Dublin with the below status

2020-08-12 10:12
    Dublin, arrive at the site.

It was posted via China post e-packet .
    Does it now go into the hands of an post and it’s pot luck when it gets delivered to me ?
    Also , does the tracking number become trackable with an post website ?
    Curious as possibly the supplier has left off one key part of my address in error .

Thanks for any pointers .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Got a delivery today - one of those fake-ish usb flash drives. Strange thing is that it is identical to one I received last week. And I only ordered one. Both packages were reshipped by Worldtech Logistics in Germany on 22/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone receive anything via bpost recently? Took a few weeks to get to Belgium but now been forwarded from there to Ireland. Amy idea how long it takes from there to Ireland?

Had item via bpost, once it arrived in Ireland it was delivered within a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Ordered from Ali on the 10th June. Last update from Post NL is that was handed over in bulk on the 8th July. Very annoying given it’s an $400 item. 25 days before I can file an dispute

andrew1977 wrote: »
    17track.net now shows my package as having reached Dublin with the below status

2020-08-12 10:12
    Dublin, arrive at the site.

It was posted via China post e-packet .
    Does it now go into the hands of an post and it’s pot luck when it gets delivered to me ?
    Also , does the tracking number become trackable with an post website ?
    Curious as possibly the supplier has left off one key part of my address in error .

Thanks for any pointers .

Post man rocked up this morning with my order, happy days

Purchased from DHgate on 22nd July, posted on 23rd July, arrived to my door via epacket 13th August, good going in fairness, 3 weeks.

kindalen wrote: »
    Had item via bpost, once it arrived in Ireland it was delivered within a day or two.

Cheers and did it take ling when it arrived in Belgium to when it arrived in Ireland?

irishchris wrote: »
    Cheers and did it take ling when it arrived in Belgium to when it arrived in Ireland?

Arriving today :-) quick turnaround again for this one. Ordered 7 July and arriving within 5 weeks. Much better than the 3-4 months my previous orders took

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I ordered two hard-wire dashcam DC convertors from joom.com on 25th July.

Arrived at the house in Dublin today. Super stuff. They were post marked Germany

08/07
    10:15 AM
    FRANKFURT - GERMANY
    Parcel movement cannot be tracked in the destination country. Please expect delivery by local courier service.
    08/06
    4:00 PM
    FRANKFURT - GERMANY
    delivery to local courier
    08/06
    12:04 AM
    AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
    Shipment in transit by truck
    08/04
    1:50 PM
    AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
    Custom clearance completed
    08/03
    3:14 PM
    AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS
    Parcel arrived at the airport, waiting for customs clearance. AIRPORT Destination
    08/02
    1:53 PM
    CHINA
    Package departed the international airport
    07/31
    7:00 PM
    CHINA
    Parcel scheduled for international flight |
    07/30
    1:25 PM
    Shenzhen
    Package has left the YUNExpress sorting centre
    07/29
    11:45 AM
    Shenzhen
    Package is processed at the YUNExpress sorting centre
    07/29
    8:13 AM
    Shenzhen
    Arrived at sorting center -SHENZHEN -
    07/28
    4:05 AM
    Shenzhen
    The package will be handed over to the shipper soon
    07/28
    4:04 AM
    Shenzhen
    Package departed Joom Logistics sorting centre
    07/27
    9:05 PM
    Shenzhen
    Parcel accepted at the Joom Logistics sorting centre in Shenzhen
    07/27
    9:05 PM
    Your package was sent
    07/25
    2:29 AM
    Package awaiting shipment
    The seller assembles the package and will send it from the warehouse soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three packets from Ali:

2020-08-10 11:41
    We delivered your post
    2020-07-13 02:41
    The item is ready for shipment
    2020-07-13 02:40
    The item is pre-advised

2020-08-05 12:37
    We delivered your post
    2020-07-15 07:02
    2020-07-15 07:01
    The item is pre-advised

2020-08-10 11:41
    We delivered your post
    2020-07-17 07:02
    2020-07-17 07:02
    The item is pre-advised

Getting down to sub month levels. LT codes shipping via NL. The dutch drop ship route is killing it.

Advertisement