Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Foghach

Arghus wrote: »
    Name and shame.

I'd say they've suffered enough embarrassment already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

So it seems some of the left who had started banging on about blm are now going back to talking about ICUs and ventilators in order to get you to wear a mask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Been told by a reliable source that vaccine production is to start in Cork in the next few weeks. No idea which vaccine it is but 95% positive this is true.

Get CorkBhoy on the case. He'll soon get to the bottom of it and let them know if they are following the correct manufacturing protocols.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    An Irish GP?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I honestly can't see a scenario like March happening again. Our hospitals know what to do now, our testing works (it was an absolute disaster) and people are tuned in (believe it or not).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Foghach wrote: »
    In March, a GP (I'll spare their blushes) said in a newspaper that the pandemic was completely hyped out of proportion and that fewer than 10 people would die in the three months April-June 2020.

Hindsight is great isn't it?

Hindsight is great isn't it?

20/20 vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Foghach wrote: »
    I'd say they've suffered enough embarrassment already.

I'm trying to think... Irish GP.... contrarian...Marcus DeBrun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Beasty wrote: »
    So it's here - 19 weeks ago we had no cases. 19 days ago we had 25,237. In those past 19 days we've had 237 cases - an average of less than 27 compared to a peak of over 1,000

This thread has "survived" for 33 days - the original one was on the go for 34

Welcome to thread number 19..

And Liverpool have their 19th title the most important 19 of them all..

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Doubtful tbh based on this.

https://www.thejournal.ie/doctor-resigns-medical-council-5079141-Apr2020/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Those days won't be back as the majority are adhering to the advice, you even commented on such after witnessing it yourself. So seriously what's with this constant desire to spread misery?

You obviously missed the first word of my previous post. If people become complacent especially after the pubs fully reopen with muppets climbing on top of one another etc etc then don`t be surprised if there is a huge spike in cases and hospitalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Christ, more heartbreaking stuff in the doc tonight.

No, but from the newspaper report he seemed just an ordinary GP. From the report he didn't seem to be a contrarian, just an ordinary GP.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Get CorkBhoy on the case. He'll soon get to the bottom of it and let them know if they are following the correct manufacturing protocols.

No Ned Broy picture from you tonight? Tut tut.:rolleyes:

You obviously missed the first word of my previous post. If people become complacent especially after the pubs fully reopen with muppets climbing on top of one another etc etc then don`t be surprised if there is a huge spike in cases and hospitalisations.

IF... IF.... my aunt had testicles.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug

The US has bought up virtually all the stocks for the next three months of one of the two drugs proven to work against Covid-19, leaving none for the UK, Europe or most of the rest of the world.

Experts and campaigners are alarmed both by the US unilateral action on remdesivir and the wider implications, for instance in the event of a vaccine becoming available. The Trump administration has already shown that it is prepared to outbid and outmanoeuvre all other countries to secure the medical supplies it needs for the US.

“They’ve got access to most of the drug supply [of remdesivir], so there’s nothing for Europe,” said Dr Andrew Hill, senior visiting research fellow at Liverpool University.

Wow. So where does that leave EU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Watching last night's Prime Time Investigates. There is some selfless people in this world. These people are heroes absolute heroes.

That Lisa lady from Granby centre, who came in every day to visit the elderly gentleman with no family has really restored my faith in humanity. Amazing person.

All heroes.

IF... IF.... my aunt had testicles.......

She could make 250 euros an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,207 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Christ, more heartbreaking stuff in the doc tonight.
    I watched the first one this evening.
    Heartbreaking and uplifting in equal measure.
    I think I would need to leave it a day or two before I am fit for part two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Brilliant to see the Jesuit priest pull through on the rte documentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Ignoring the patent and making their own, if they have any sense - if it's actually of any use.

She could make 250 euros an hour?

That's what my solicitor charges ... you don't suppose....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Goldman Sachs did the maths and have found masks everywhere could be a replacement for lockdowns and save the economy from a 5% hit (in the US, but prob still relevant worldwide).

The argument for masks is very clear cut, yes people may wear them wrong or touch their face a bit more, but it could mean further suppression as we open up

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/goldman-sachs-says-a-national-mask-mandate-could-slash-infections-and-save-economy-from-a-5percent-hit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Goldman Sachs did the maths and have found masks everywhere could be a replacement for lockdowns and save the economy from a 5% hit (in the US, but prob still relevant worldwide).

The argument for masks is very clear cut, yes people may wear them wrong or touch their face a bit more, but it could mean further suppression as we open up

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/goldman-sachs-says-a-national-mask-mandate-could-slash-infections-and-save-economy-from-a-5percent-hit.html

Yeah there's no way most places in the US can afford another lockdown. Hopefully the anti mask idiots come to realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Record 6975 cases in Texas and a record 620 new hospitalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Myths,legends and supersitons surrounding the 2020 Covid pandemic in Ireland as observed on boards.ie

A participant observational study of the atitudes and posting behaviours of the public in Ireland via boards.ie. during the 2020 novel coronavirus.

The use of technology to disseminate public health awarness during a pandemic using boards.ie .The good,the bad and the ugly.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Goldman Sachs, bloody lefty idiots

;)

Thanks all the same, but we don't want anything useful if it's likely to negatively impact on the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Record 6975 cases in Texas and a record 620 new hospitalisations.

That's a lot, and approaching New York levels of hospitalisations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,656 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

US is crazy, starting to look like a third world country in ways

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement