Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Quarantine being enforced?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

12 pubs with 12 substantial meals will be tough but I'm willing to make that sacrifice

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ThatsNotMyCat

As an Irish citizen abroad the hostility is pretty depressing. Stay away diaspora...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If wherever they are is on the "green list" and we still have quarantine requirements they can come back without having top quarantine. If it's not they will be required whatever quarantine rules are in place. And of course it works both ways if someone wished to visit someone overseas - it all depends on the "rules" at the time in the destination country, which could change at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Beasty wrote: »
    Threads merged

A move I don't agree with. I set up the thread specifically to discuss how we are going to tackle Christmas if there is no vaccine and people wanting to spend it with their Irish families. Usually the seeds of saving for travel in December get sown about now. What is Christmas 2020 going to look like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

StefanFal wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm flying into Ireland for a cycling trip and understand there are rules with regards to quarantine.

Has anyone any experience to share about whether its actually been enforced or not? It's a short trip so there is no time for quarantine and we won't be mixing with other people.

We intend staying in same county once we reach our destination.

Thanks in advance.

you wont be mixing with anyone or touching any surface? at all? are you a ghost?

you are suppose to quarantine but look this women quarantined at her home but she had to get there first ended up infecting 70+ people https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12347495

please don't come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

StefanFal wrote: »
    Just an update to share the experience in case anyone else is travelling to Ireland.

Just back in Sweden. We flew Stockholm to Dublin and had to complete a form with address we were staying etc at Dublin airport. I used my parents address in Dublin and we went to Galway.

Nice weeks cycling and no one contacted us regarding our whereabouts in quarantine so nothing to worry about.
    So sad to hear eejits like this not only flaunt the restrictions but also come to infect people in my beloved Galway.
    You were not welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

the quarantine means you have to stay in a house by yourself for 2 weeks cant go out get people to leave food in the garden that correct ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭acequion

mean gene wrote: »
    the quarantine means you have to stay in a house by yourself for 2 weeks cant go out get people to leave food in the garden that correct ya

No. Totally incorrect. There is no quarantine,you're simply asked to "restrict your movements" which is basically up to your own interpretation. And to answer the first question asked, no, nothing is being enforced.

This ridiculous advisory has nothing to do with safety. There is nothing to stop anyone getting off the plane and going straight to a house party or anything involving crowds of people. What it is doing is bullying, shaming and frightening people and enabling employers and the State to save a nice sum by withholding the payment of incomes for the 14 days.Not to mention the damage to the economy and the amount of livelihoods in jeopardy

Ryanair are dead right to take legal action over this, I'm with them all the way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

The only problem you'll have is work. You won't be allowed go in for 14 days. Well it's my employers policy for visiting red list countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Limpy wrote: »
    The only problem you'll have is work. You won't be allowed go in for 14 days. Well it's my employers policy for visiting red list countries.

Some amount of 2 week breaks in Longford this year

Advertisement