Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Quarantine being enforced?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭acequion

Golfman64 wrote: »
    It is not a legal requirement to quarantine after entry to Ireland from another country. The only legal requirement upon entering the state, currently, is to complete the Passenger Locator Form. I expect this requirment will be removed by mid July in line with the rest of Europe.

I really wouldn't be so confident Golfman64. They're clinging on to the quarantine and as I said before, won't let it go until they have to. When you see the trouble AL is in, look at the economic forecasts and it's a rule which is only half arsed at best, you really would have to question the logic.
    imme wrote: »
    If someone wants to know what the public health restrictions are they don't go to a discussion forum. The OP is looking for a way out it seems to me.

A way out from what exactly and looking for it from whom? The high and mighty on boards.ie?? Get down off your power horse, the OP is not looking for any permission from people like you! Also, for must be the 100th time, the OP did not post for factual information which he'd get from gov.ie, he asked if the quarantine is being enforced [verbatim from his question] He's Irish, would know that Ireland has a love affair with rules but often don't have the wherewithal to follow up. So he probably hoped to get a broader perspective from open minds on an internet forum. Fat chance here :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You’re wrong lad. No harm in admitting it. There are exceptions allowed for all EU countries in public health situations. You can call a state of emergency like other countries did at the height of the virus. Ireland never did.

This has been spoken about by various different politician on various different talk shows lad.
    Apologies, but I'm reluctant to accept any such claims so long as you keep calling me "lad"

Anyway, plenty of information here, with no reference to states of emergency but plenty of comments accepting that States have applied travel restrictions and no suggestion the EU has any issue with any of this.

Even in the Schengen area restrictions have been applied unchallenged. Recommendations (but not requirements) made to start to re-open. Individual states are in control of all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Beasty wrote: »
    Even in the Schengen area restrictions have been applied unchallenged. Recommendations (but not requirements) made to start to re-open. Individual states are in control of all of this

In theory that's probably true, but Ireland appears to be the only EU country yet to confirm free travel from the start of July, and it may in practice be impossible for it to apply its own approach on this. There will be a summit in Brussels in the middle of July where Ireland is to argue for a larger share of crisis funding. Those discussions would be very difficult if it is the only country in the EU blocking freedom of movement and damaging its economy in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

Just an update to share the experience in case anyone else is travelling to Ireland.

Just back in Sweden. We flew Stockholm to Dublin and had to complete a form with address we were staying etc at Dublin airport. I used my parents address in Dublin and we went to Galway.

Nice weeks cycling and no one contacted us regarding our whereabouts in quarantine so nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

acequion wrote: »
    I really wouldn't be so confident Golfman64. They're clinging on to the quarantine and as I said before, won't let it go until they have to. When you see the trouble AL is in, look at the economic forecasts and it's a rule which is only half arsed at best, you really would have to question the logic.

A way out from what exactly and looking for it from whom? The high and mighty on boards.ie?? Get down off your power horse, the OP is not looking for any permission from people like you! Also, for must be the 100th time, the OP did not post for factual information which he'd get from gov.ie, he asked if the quarantine is being enforced [verbatim from his question] He's Irish, would know that Ireland has a love affair with rules but often don't have the wherewithal to follow up. So he probably hoped to get a broader perspective from open minds on an internet forum. Fat chance here :rolleyes:

Giddy up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

StefanFal wrote: »
    Just an update to share the experience in case anyone else is travelling to Ireland.

Just back in Sweden. We flew Stockholm to Dublin and had to complete a form with address we were staying etc at Dublin airport. I used my parents address in Dublin and we went to Galway.

Nice weeks cycling and no one contacted us regarding our whereabouts in quarantine so nothing to worry about.

Are you encouraging people to ignore the advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Why not the Galway address? Selfish actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hope you had a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Are you encouraging people to ignore the advice?

Are you saying he's racist?

See, anyone can ask a question with absolutely zero relevance to what they've quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It needs to be stricter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭gral6

This useless quarintine should be relaxed asap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

3 planes of yanks arriving tomorrow morning as flights between the US and Ireland resume. How the fcuk can anyone justify opening the routes to that basket case is anyones guess. Little old Ireland doffing the cap again. Months of sacrifice down the sh1tter for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It wasn't enforced in Melbourne seemingly.
    Visitors had to isolate for 10/14 days under security. The only problem was some took being under a security man literally and the security men are spreading covid19 after being in ' close contact ' with their, presumably female,charges. :)

I have reason to be in UK for 2 or 3 days later this year

Would it be possible to get tested upon return and in theory then at least,not need to quarantine (assuming all OK result wise??)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Would it be possible to get tested upon return and in theory then at least,not need to quarantine (assuming all OK result wise??)
    You would still need to quarantine to be sure. It takes some time between exposure to SARS-CoV-2 and potentially testing positive. The virus’s incubation period is around 5 to 7 days, but it can be up to 14 days.

Testing immediately on your return could result in a false negative result if you were in the early days of developing CoViD-19 but had not yet developed a high enough viral load to test positive.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/when-should-you-get-a-covid-19-test-what-about-an-antibody-test#Getting-tested-for-COVID-19-

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I'l be home in 2 weeks I'l add my situation. I took parental Leave so my employer knew I was out of the country.I was working From home (onsite 27th) I told them I am back from holidays today, so they can't make me quarantine when my onsite work return's in 2 weeks.

If the government quarantine is still in place for select countries, I'l return via a country on the green list.

I will take the same precautions as I would in Ireland. I won't get covid19, anyone who thinks I will, traveling from a county with fewer cases per Million then Ireland is delusional. Keep drinking the kool aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭gral6

You do not have to quarantine, it is strongly recomended but not mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭circadian

Hi,

I'm flying into Ireland for a cycling trip and understand there are rules with regards to quarantine.

Has anyone any experience to share about whether its actually been enforced or not? It's a short trip so there is no time for quarantine and we won't be mixing with other people.

We intend staying in same county once we reach our destination.

Thanks in advance.

Are you the kind of person that arrives at their neighbours house and rubs their muddy boots on the new cream sofa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Hi,

I'm flying into Ireland for a cycling trip and understand there are rules with regards to quarantine.

Has anyone any experience to share about whether its actually been enforced or not? It's a short trip so there is no time for quarantine and we won't be mixing with other people.

We intend staying in same county once we reach our destination.

Thanks in advance.

I’m not even slightly joking when I say I hope you picked up the virus on your way home, because you absolutely deserve to.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @KiKi III - don't post in the thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,674 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jesus the wanton and selfish ignorance some people are capable of displaying during this is astounding

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Why did you give the wrong address as a matter of interest? You deliberately lied on the form, which is actually an offence. You and your group also potentially hampered contact tracing efforts, that's the whole point of providing accurate information on the form. And you are freely bragging about this here? Mind boggling decision-making from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,674 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Why did you give the wrong address as a matter of interest? You deliberately lied on the form, which is actually an offence. Mind boggling decision-making from you.

Not mind boggling at all, just malicious selfishness, they openly only cared about getting caught disobeying quarantine and not that their actions could potentially fatally harm others. Its really quite disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

KiKi III wrote: »
    I’m not even slightly joking when I say I hope you picked up the virus on your way home, because you absolutely deserve to.

Disgraceful post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not mind boggling at all, just malicious selfishness, they openly only cared about getting caught disobeying quarantine and not that their actions could potentially fatally harm others. Its really quite disgusting.

Once a person starts jumping countries contact tracing goes out the window , it's Abit selfish of the OP travelling but these posts are a Abit of an overreaction ,

But if the gov allows travel and allows people with no questions asked to roam freely then it's not the OP you all should be shouting at perhaps the elected that are allowing it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's usually around now that Irish living abroad start to save and think about flights and accommodation in Ireland in order to spend Christmas with family. But will we be able to receive our relatives this year?
    Will it all depend on where they're coming from?
    Is it too early to say?
    What will Christmas look like this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I'm just checking my crystal ball...........

I'll get back to you when something comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

A Vaccine by Christmas 2021 maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭ax530

The current guidelines are Isolate for 2 weeks when arrives these are in place for another week. May be extended ( as they were recently)
    If removed and covid situation stay same until December would be able fly from over seas without isolating.
    If guidelines remain as are now you must get a place to isolate for 2 weeks prior to commencing your visit.
    Flights are operating it just the guidelines on what you do on arrival which may change and as media are currently reporting people not currently adhering to isolation guidelines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Far too early to say.

The situation and rules around this could change any time between now and then - it could be outlined well in advance, it could be at a moment's notice. Impossible to say.

Advertisement