Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Ultimate Ice-Cream/Ice-Pop Tournament

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

You can have it plain, with an extra flake, with nuts, sprinkles, strawberry, raspberry, chocolate or toffee sauce. Hey, you can have all on the one cone if you want. And don’t forget the sweat of a greasy ice cream van man.

So, 99 because the possibilities are endless!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Feast Original.

Because it's a deserving finalist and it will likely get trounced by the window lickers (ala 99 voters).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It literally shouldn't even be a vote, I'll be disgusted if feast gets one person going for it

Even if it didn't have a flake in it this wouldn't be a contest

Temperature is the only thing that could possibly let it down, too soft and you're racing against time

99 all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

99 - because they're great obviously, and you don't end up holding a stick and having to find a bin, and I remember being in the park one day and saw this really smug looking w**ker in a three piece suit with a 99, and there was this heroic seagull who looked the 99 right in its flake and was like "lets teach this motherf**ker a lesson" and the 99 was like "yeah I got your back, I'll go on your signal", so the seagull took a nosedive at suitw**ker and while he was sh*tting his pants the 99 kamikazeed itself onto your man's suit ruining his day and the seagull took off squawking its head off as those of us who bore witness to this epic act of courage on the 99's part laughed and laughed and laughed... That f**ker was probably getting married that day or something, probably had to cancel the wedding and thus saving his spouse to be from a lifetime of misery, all because that brave little 99 took one for the team!!! I salute you 99!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

Do you want a 99?

The minute someone says it I'm transported back to childhood memories in Dun Laoighre or summer days in Co. Wexford when the sun always seems to be shining.

These days I'm recreating these memories with my own child. Scrumdiddly in Skerries is our current favourite + sitting on the little benches soaking up the sun.

99 just has to win. There is no way a feast can bring back any of those memories for people.

I actually used to puke if I had a feast as child as too rich+ chocolatey.

• Advertisement

99!

I'm a chocoholic but the chocolate on a feast is horrible. It actually makes me feel sick.

As strawberry said, the 99 is versatile. 99s bring back great memories and I'd eat one right now if I knew anywhere nearby that sold them at this time of year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Right two in the final.

Genuinely finding it tough to decide. I have to go 99 though. It's what ice cream is all about. When its done right and the ice cream melts down the cone so you have icecream with you until the very last bite, its the best thing in the world for that moment.

Though my mam always told us the ice creams in the vans had snot in them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Feast - tough call, but Feast wins because its got a stick you can throw at people once your done, which is a deciding factor in these things now apparently. Its also less messy, and there's less anxiety about dropping it or fending off seagulls - once heard about a lad in a fancy suit eating a 99 in the park, a seagull swooped down and went for the ice cream and your man tried to wave his 99 out of the way but just ended up spilling it down his front, so not only did he not enjoy his ice cream but he ruined his clothes too, and if he had been eating a Feast (which you'll remember comes on a stick which can also be thrown at people later on) he would've had more manouverabilty to move the Feast out of the Seagulls grasp, not spill it on himself, and probably also have enough focus to punch the stupid seagull in it stupid f**king face as he hadn't just spilled a 99 all over himself. I rest my case!

Feast - tough call, but Feast wins because its got a stick you can throw at people once your done, which is a deciding factor in these things now apparently. Its also less messy, and there's less anxiety about dropping it or fending off seagulls - once heard about a lad in a fancy suit eating a 99 in the park, a seagull swooped down and went for the ice cream and your man tried to wave his 99 out of the way but just ended up spilling it down his front, so not only did he not enjoy his ice cream but he ruined his clothes too, and if he had been eating a Feast (which you'll remember comes on a stick which can also be thrown at people later on) he would've had more manouverabilty to move the Feast out of the Seagulls grasp, not spill it on himself, and probably also have enough focus to punch the stupid seagull in it stupid f**king face as he hadn't just spilled a 99 all over himself. I rest my case!

giphy.gif

Thievin' Motherf**ker!!! :D

Thievin' Motherf**ker!!! :D

All's fair in love, war and "boardsies decide the ultimate" contests :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

99. the ice cream of the masses. the Feast is just too much. even with the stick.

Feast.

Because it's has crunch and chocolatey goodness.

99 are just bland, the highlight is the flake and they can be bought separately anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I had a 99 with a stick in it once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Feast, it comes on a stick that you don't eat, and you can use that stick to heat your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With 66% of the vote your winner is the humble 99!
    AntiqueInsistentHapuka-size_restricted.gif

Not bad for a backdoor qualifier! I wouldn't have even considered putting this in the contest as it's not really something you buy in the corner shop but it snuck in and went all the way, kinda like Denmark in Euro 1992. Well done to the might cone.

Thanks Mack!

Also, you're all gluttonous pigs

giphy.gif

Cheers Omackers :)

Probably a worthy winner...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yipee the classic wins!

Let's keep it going for the next generation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks for running the game Omack.

I'm not too peeved with the winner, I do love a good 99.

But that being said - Fat Frog was robbed :(

Cheers Omackeral, it was a surprisingly fun tournament for a subject matter I'm not too heavily invested in. Was able to have a bit craic with my reasons in the Semis and the Final, unlike the music tournaments where I take things far too seriously.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Can't argue with that really can ya.

Thanks omack. GG

We all know what the real winner is thoughgiphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29681361bd405ca88ac89b02c5f8111803ef7d8b5e&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You have some stick to post that now strawbs.

Cheers Omackeral, it was a surprisingly fun tournament for a subject matter I'm not too heavily invested in. Was able to have a bit craic with my reasons in the Semis and the Final, unlike the music tournaments where I take things far too seriously.

You would have loved the crisps and bars and biscuits tournament. It was just constant sh*te talk with the snacks as a vehicle for legitimising the personal abuse

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I had my first ever pack of Chickatees off the back of the crisp tournament.

God, they were ****e. Don't know what the fuss was over

We all know what the real winner is thoughgiphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29681361bd405ca88ac89b02c5f8111803ef7d8b5e&rid=giphy.gif

When are you going to have an iceberger and a tangle twister?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

cdeb wrote: »
    I had my first ever pack of Chickatees off the back of the crisp tournament.

God, they were ****e. Don't know what the fuss was over

Ban

• Advertisement
Advertisement