Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Ultimate Ice-Cream/Ice-Pop Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

99. It's an icon. A reason for vanilla to be. The. Flake is essence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Has to be the 99.

The only one that will at all times, taste of real ice-cream. Love the iceberger but this is a Messi v Ronaldo comparison and Messi always wins. Which is appropriate because the 99 is also a messy f*cker to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ice Bergers as a youngster it's a pre made wafer in a packet, even if the biscuit is the wrong shade of brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The cone wins 6-3 over the sandwich. A good round. What's next? Remember to include a reason or the vote won't count.
    Tangle Twister

twister-e-liquid.jpg

VS

Feast Original

Feast_Chocolate_OOH_UK_packshot-1.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The feast. It stormed onto the ice cream scene, with its cohocolate on the outside, cbocolate ice cream on the inside and that gorgeous lump of chocolate on the inside.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Feast. Both my nominations but the chocolatey deliciousness of the Feast wins out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Feast (original and correctly proportioned) was one of the finest delicacies ever devised.

Feast rushes into a 3-0 lead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Tangle Twister. This thread seems to have an ice water/ice cream divide, and I'm by and large on the water side of it. Tangle Twister is refreshing on a hot day in a way that a chocolate ice cream just can't even think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Tangle twister, mainly due to the red middle bit

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'm happy with either. Abstain.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tough one for me. Tangle Twister just takes it, there's nothing like a tangle twister on a hot day in the summer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote:
    I'm happy with either. Abstain.

I see you've become the Switzerland of the thread Baggly :P

Green&Red wrote: »
    Tangle twister, mainly due to the red middle bit

Name checks out anyway! :D

Necro wrote:
    I see you've become the Switzerland of the thread Baggly

Two good options tbf

I do like a feast and I still haven’t tried a tangle twister so the feast fo me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

appledrop wrote: »
    No its definitely not that. I dont buy them from ice cream vans for that reason! Only from shops/ice cream places.

The shops add an artificial icecream van man sweat.Its not as good as the real thing but works pretty well.

So while we stay at 6 votes for a win, I'm gonna put a 60 minute time limit on these quarter final matches too just to keep the ball rolling. Whichever is leading at the time will progress if necessary. Feast wins 5-3 in this encounter. Its cousin is up next...
    Choc Ice

Choc-Ice.jpg

VS

Mint Feast

Feast-Mint_naked92-175147.png

Not even close. Mint Feast. Great balance; nothing boring or plain about it, and comes on a stick (as if the other reasons werent enough), which you can throw at Choc Ice eaters once you have finished eating your Mint Feast.

• Advertisement

Mint Feast by a country mile.

I still say we reinstate Fat Frog over Choc Ice, at least make it a competition:P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mint Feast.

My new favourite for the whole shebang now that the Tangle Twister was cruelly killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baggly wrote: »
    Not even close. Mint Feast. Great balance; nothing boring or plain about it, and comes on a stick (as if the other reasons werent enough), which you can throw at Choc Ice eaters once you have finished eating your Mint Feast.

There is so much I want to say about this but this will have to do

giphy.gif

Stop it Baggly.

Mint Feast by the way.

Green&Red wrote: »
    There is so much I want to say about this but this will have to do[/IMG]
    Stop it Baggly.

You two scumbags just vote t'f*ck!

Mint Feast by the way.

You're meant to give a reason by the way wankwagon :pac:

Are you guys denying it comes on a stick?

I wont be repeating my reasoning each round in the latter stages of the tournament. You try coming up with new reasons for each round and tell me about my stick, then.

• Advertisement

Mint feast. Not as good as the original one but so much better than a plain choc ice.

Oi Mack! What happened to my other nominations? Arctic Roll & Oyster from the ice cream van?

Advertisement