Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Cutting at Weekends

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Did you at least cut it with a lightsaber ?

anm_ff_001634_7e13ea7a.0.jpeg

My cousin is a gardener

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

anm_ff_001634_7e13ea7a.0.jpeg

My cousin is a gardener

Would that work for “trimming“ down a neckbeard? Yours sounds like it’s filling out a bit.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Only finishing cutting it today. Pain in the arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

anewme wrote: »
    You are cutting it too tight. That area should be done with the hand shears ! !;)

Do you want a loan of my goats? You can leave your eternal soul as a deposit.

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    You are cutting it too tight. That area should be done with the hand shears ! !;)

actually I like to burn it off with surgical spirits and cotton wool and a forceps..... so much easier than napalm

actually I like to burn it off with surgical spirits and cotton wool and a forceps..... so much easier than napalm
    Do you not miss the Anticipation Orgasm of waiting for the Napalm Burn ! ! !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

What time is acceptable to cut the grass at weekends. ?

Was going to cut it this evening but neighbours out having drinks, so will leave it till tomorrow.

Would it annoy you if neighbours cut grass at say 10am?

As a hay fever sufferer, I would say December

begbysback wrote: »
    As a hay fever sufferer, I would say December

That would be preferable...

Are you doing anything the weekend? Like if you are not doing anything specific and you are like not cutting the grass?
    You could drop around to mine and the Missus. We just got a new dungeon and we are trying to work out the final kinks..... A third eye is always useful. What do you say ? BYOB

• Advertisement

Thanks for PM'ing me to accept.
    We are a bit tied up this week end but shure you know where the house is :
    D08 E1W3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sure grass would be damp til 11am at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I lived in Brussels for a year and cutting the grass wasn’t allowed on Sundays. Sunday is a quiet day, no loud gardening equipment allowed. Such a thing would never work in Ireland I don’t think.

Jaysus.

I often feel that the allies never really killed fascism that time in Europe.
    They simply knocked it off its perch.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Sure grass would be damp til 11am at least.

No, was not this morning anyway.

topper75 wrote: »
    Jaysus.

I often feel that the allies never really killed fascism that time in Europe.
    They simply knocked it off its perch.
    Ya can see in it the Eu with its lack of Respect for Democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

No, was not this morning anyway.

I used to cut grass for a living. In Ireland most days the grass is too wet before about 11 am to cut efficiently. You do get days when its dry from earlier on but they are the exception rather than the rule. To get a job done you sometimes have to start when the grass is still wet but you really notice how much easier the job becomes as the grass dries up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

debok wrote: »
    I'm cutting mine now

You should be keeping both hands on the mower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

As someone who had the responsibility of cutting the grass of a large garden for 30 years I always waited til late in the afternoon but before dew started to settle, you want the grass to be as dry as possible. Trying to cut damp/wet grass only doubles your workload. I have a neighbour who insist on cutting his grass at 8.00 in the morning (or earlier) and the engine cuts out every few minutes, you'd think he'd learn.
    Rather than being annoyed at him cutting so early, I take great pleasure in hearing the engine cut out, the guy is such a crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Seamai wrote: »
    Rather than being annoyed at him cutting so early, I take great pleasure in hearing the engine cut out, the guy is such a crank.

and such a Thick

GinSoaked wrote: »
    I used to cut grass for a living. In Ireland most days the grass is too wet before about 11 am to cut efficiently. You do get days when its dry from earlier on but they are the exception rather than the rule. To get a job done you sometimes have to start when the grass is still wet but you really notice how much easier the job becomes as the grass dries up.

Flipping thing growing like mad at the moment!

One of the pitfalls of having a terrace house as well is having to drag the grass through the house.

I'd get the garden paved completely only for it would be difficult for access.

• Advertisement

Flipping thing growing like mad at the moment!

One of the pitfalls of having a terrace house as well is having to drag the grass through the house.

I'd get the garden paved completely only for it would be difficult for access.

Composter! Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Why weekends? I cut it whenever it's needed when there's sun out. Not all weekends are dry, ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Don't be too hard on the Belgian's, in Germany you can only cut grass from 9-5 Mon-Fri, and 9-1 on a Saturday.
    For me personally if I was outside having a few drink's it would depend on which neighbor was making the racket

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Why weekends? I cut it whenever it's needed when there's sun out. Not all weekends are dry, ye know.

I was asking about weekends as I'm too busy to cut at weekends. If weekend is wet well, just have to wait for a dry one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I was asking about weekends as I'm too busy to cut at weekends. If weekend is wet well, just have to wait for a dry one.

It would be gone strong with another week.thats alright for a small garden not alright for a big one.
    Hardship for man and machine.easier cut it when you get the chance

When will it be legal to grow Marijuana on the Lawn ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Happy4all wrote: »
    I would never start before 11 am

Quite often the morning dew is still on the grass until about 11 am.

Useful to collect if you have some friendly virgins with nothing to do...

When will it be legal to grow Marijuana on the Lawn ? ?

Let me tell you its impossible, my herd of goats will eat it!! They are getting close to rolling their own.

Gardener booked for week of 18th! Great stuff!

• Advertisement

Gardener booked for week of 18th! Great stuff!

Have you considered napalming it? Throw a few tyres on it? Maybe even put a stack of pallets on the lawn?

Advertisement