Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Cutting at Weekends

Options
  • 03-05-2020 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭

What time is acceptable to cut the grass at weekends. ?

Was going to cut it this evening but neighbours out having drinks, so will leave it till tomorrow.

Would it annoy you if neighbours cut grass at say 10am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

anewme wrote: »

Was going to cut it this evening but neighbours out having drinks, so will leave it till tomorrow.

I would think any time after 9 am is acceptable

max life wrote: »
    I would think any time after 9 am is acceptable

I think 10am would be more social. A lot of people like a bit of a lie in at the weekend.

6:37am, before the pigeon squatting atop the weeping willow stirs and carpet bombs the garden with another Jackson Pollock masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

One side sleep till 1pm or later, but that's too late for me.

Will wait till after 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a regular monday - anytime after 9am

a bank holiday monday - anytime after 11am (let them have their lie in in peace)

• Advertisement

Will be out after 10....that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I'm cutting mine now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I live very rural so pardon my ignorance but would mowing the lawn really disturb the neighbours in suburbia?
    Surely your triple glazing muffles it?!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I would never start before 11 am

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Love the sound of a mower during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Doesn't matter, the noise from your lawnmower will be forgotten as soon as they get the beautiful smell of freshly cut grass.

I live very rural so pardon my ignorance but would mowing the lawn really disturb the neighbours in suburbia?

I dont have triple glazing. It's not mandatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I love the smell of grass in the morning. It smells of ..... Victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Doesn't matter, the noise from your lawnmower will be forgotten as soon as they get the beautiful smell of freshly cut grass.

don't mean to poop on your reply but.....
    That "Fresh Cut Grass" Smell Is a Distress Signal. ... It's the smell of chemical defenses and first aid. The fresh, “green” scent of a just-mowed lawn is the lawn trying to save itself from the injury you just inflicted.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/30573/what-causes-fresh-cut-grass-smell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

In your case tomorrow after 1pm.. shir u said it yourself neighbours having drinks this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Morning or afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My day starts at 6 am so I cut my grass at 8 this morning, if anyone living near didn't like it then they can feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭PommieBast

This an electric flymo or a proper noisy two-stroke with a few loose bolts for good measure?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’d reckon that about 2am would be an ideal time to trim the lawn.

After all, the neighbours who are out in their garden drinking will be in the passed out from the booze stage that they won’t hear a sweet thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

anewme wrote: »

if your neighbors work night shift like a nurse or doctor id leave it until after 1 or 2pm otherwise 10am or after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

I work evenings so I get to bed around 4am or 5am. My neighbours start their day at around 8am so they could be power washing or cutting the grass from around 8:30ish, that to me is sound.
    People have to get on with their lives at whatever time suits themselves, I bring my bins out/in after work, do my vacuming, watch tv and use my electric shower around 3am.
    Get on grand with the neighbours take in parcels for each other etc the only thing we would not do is call with the parcel at a time when the bedroom window blinds are still closed.
    Living in an estate I think you just gotta chill and not sweat the small things.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

if your neighbors work night shift like a nurse or doctor id leave it until after 1 or 2pm otherwise 10am or after

I'll second this.

My partner is a nurse and we live in a rural area. Neighbours are very thoughtful and considerate especially when she is on nights just like this poster.

They definitely wouldn't be in the my day starts at 6 so I"ll cut my lawn at 8 and if people don't like it they can feck off group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

My way of thinking, I'm living in a very rural area in Co Limerick, usually cut the grass about 8.00 am on a Saturday, these past few weeks with being off it's 8.00 am on a Tue, Wed or Thurs or what ever day suits really, my time is my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I would wait until afternoon - nothing to do with neighbours - the grass stays very dewy these sunny mornings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Or just follow the dawn chorus mantra, ''One up,All up'' :D

Will leave it til 10am so. They might not be impressed...ahh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Ah just leave it. The bees and other bugs will thank you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,888 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

KungPao wrote: »
    Ah just leave it. The bees and other bugs will thank you for it.

This, I don't know what the obsession for sterile mini golf course lawns is about. Peer pressure for adults, all this lawnmowing activity.
    There is a let it grow wild for May campaign, help the bees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This, I don't know what the obsession for sterile mini golf course lawns is about. Peer pressure for adults, all this lawnmowing activity.
    There is a let it grow wild for May campaign, help the bees.

Because it tends to be unusable..

If you've an acre out the back, then 100% apportion a section for growing wild but your average postage stamp back garden has to be cut if you've any intentions of using it.

Advertisement