Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Damon

• 22-04-2020 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Good actor, I like his movies, has been spotted in Dalkey, but you know things are really boring when this is a big deal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Your news is 2 weeks old. Obviously not as big a big deal as you’re making it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Your news is 2 weeks old. Obviously not a big deal.

I know but its still in the news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

1481081902319927722.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

tenor.gif?itemid=5831371

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I know but its still in the news?

No it's not, who gives a shiiiit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

I think the lockdown has got ye all riled up a bit.
    Having a big movie star stuck in the middle of dalky is a bit of craic for everyone around. I'm sure Matt Brodrick is enjoying himself there aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is he in lockdown over here??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Matt Damon supposeto be on late late show, hopefull he's replacing tubridy, then maybe ill watch late late again. Tubridy has the interview skills of a stuttering bumpkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I feel sorry for him .being stuck here to be honest

Matt Damon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Slow day ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

I heard he's filling the time by delivering fruit to the Happy Pear fellas.

He asked them the other night for feedback.

"How do you like them Apples?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Probably got the three fiddy a week aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

rtron wrote: »
    I'm sure Matt Brodrick is enjoying himself there aswell.

So long as he doesn't go for a drive....

Matt Damon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

LeYouth wrote: »
    I feel sorry for him .being stuck here to be honest

I'd say he is well sick of Bono by this stage, he probably was only calling in for a night or two and now hes stuck with him for weeks with no escape. That can't be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There was an article in the Irish Times I saw today. To say the residents of Dalkey are up their own arses is an understatement.

“You could say that Dalkey would be where people would aspire to live in if they won the lottery!” says one resident.

The Damon sightings in Dalkey and neighbouring Killiney, which together are sometimes referred to as Ireland’s Amalfi Coast, began in mid-March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

There was an article in the Irish Times I saw today. To say the residents of Dalkey are up their own arses is an understatement.

“You could say that Dalkey would be where people would aspire to live in if they won the lottery!” says one resident.
    Now, be reasonable. If you won a million quid or so in the Irish lotto, wanted to spend it all on a house, and wanted to stay in Dublin, Dalkey would be high on the list of places you'd consider.
    The Damon sightings in Dalkey and neighbouring Killiney, which together are sometimes referred to as Ireland’s Amalfi Coast, began in mid-March.
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well he's not on the Late Late guest list for this week :cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

To be fair to the residents of Dalkey, it wasn't one of them who made the Amalfi Coast comment, it was the New York Times journalist who wrote the article. I grew up not far from Dalkey and I have to say I've never once heard it referred to as that.

I know if I was Matt Damon I'd prefer to be holed up in a small upmarket village in Ireland than being back home in New York where the number of cases and the death toll is alarming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Nice lad, thought he was great in The Beach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dalkey ...rich mindset ..smalltown mindset. It doesn't get worse than that.

The money of LA...with none of the wonder

Poor bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Barbara Streisand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Promised land was good

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

Matt Damon the legend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Barbara Streisand.

Its some affect alright.

Matt Damon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

So "one resident" said that.

And you reference "the residents of Dalkey to be up their own hole"

Does this one resident represent all the residents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Esse85 wrote: »
    So "one resident" said that.

And you reference "the residents of Dalkey to be up their own hole"

Does this one resident represent all the residents?

AFAIK you aren't allowed quote whole articles. I stated where I got the article from, anyone can look it up and see other examples of up their own hole Dalkey natives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Salt on your chips?

Advertisement