Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matt Damon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭fran38

Kylta wrote: »
    Matt Damon supposeto be on late late show, hopefull he's replacing tubridy, then maybe ill watch late late again. Tubridy has the interview skills of a stuttering bumpkin.

Wouldnt that go against the 2.5 kilometre restriction? Dalkey to Donnybrook is a fair oul distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

There was an article in the Irish Times I saw today. To say the residents of Dalkey are up their own arses is an understatement.

“You could say that Dalkey would be where people would aspire to live in if they won the lottery!” says one resident.

The Damon sightings in Dalkey and neighbouring Killiney, which together are sometimes referred to as Ireland’s Amalfi Coast, began in mid-March.

It also incorporates ballybrack

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I hear he's a Mickey on him like a baby's arm swinging out of a pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Spin 1038 got the Big Exclusive yesterday, and they did a great job too....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They are exactly what I expected two Dublin lads on the radio to be like. Slightly irritating attention seekers but harmless at the same time. Matt was very patient when they repeatedly asked him dumb questions. Like what his favourite shops, restaurants and cafes were in a town where everything has been shut since a day or two after he arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

MATT DAMON

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Zaph wrote: »
    To be fair to the residents of Dalkey, it wasn't one of them who made the Amalfi Coast comment, it was the New York Times journalist who wrote the article. I grew up not far from Dalkey and I have to say I've never once heard it referred to as that.

I know if I was Matt Damon I'd prefer to be holed up in a small upmarket village in Ireland than being back home in New York where the number of cases and the death toll is alarming.

Killing bay has long been compared to med coasts.
    Lived in dalkey for a couple of years, between the 'we're better than you' crowd and the usual weekend drunk yobos it's not much different to most places in south Dublin tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Dalkey by the ocean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

He's a nice guy Matt, but it's the usual ****e here in Ireland these idiot's trying to capitalise and be the first one's through the finishing line regarding getting Matt on their show...

Spin FFS are they still driving their mini's around the place, I remember when there was 7 on the road in the Midwest 7 mini's in a processional entourage one driver better looking than the other...

People worshiping the spinnies in their minnies, it was a well sought out career to get a job on spin FM...

Well here's one for ye, there's a few hiding out up here in the Burren too not far from a few village's and they come down to get their groceries and nobody bothers them.

For years Bryan Ferry was coming to Co Clare with his exe wife Lucy Helmore and kid's who had a connection to the Kinvara/ Flaggy shore area.
    And the locals had enough class and dignity not to treat them like freaks and chase them from one end of the Burren to the other.
    They were left alone.

I know another so called superstar and he comes out hiking with myself and my friend during the summer. We're quite ordinary bloke's a bit funny like him too, although some here would care to differ that I'm funny,and rightly so as I'm like marmite you'll either love me or hate me..

What chance have humanity of evolving into better human beings, if we're still worshiping celebs and artist's, if we're still breaking people's
    anonymity.

Making a big deal that Matt Damon is in Dublin, hopefully they'll leave him alone now.
    He's and his family and is entitled to peace and to go about their business without any interruption or have their name's all over the fcking rags..

He'll come out some morning and will look tired and stressed out, maybe just worn from it all snap at a fan or tell someone to **** off, and he's within his rights..I'd be the same **** off out of my way..

Then the snowflake reporter will, get their vengeance and concoct a story like Thing's are not going so well for Matt and his Wife and family.
    Mats a bit under the weather these days..

For fck sake leave celebs alone, they are entitled to privacy.

I'll be fcked if I'd out the couple hiding out in the Burren area, because anyone who does this kind of thing are not cool and more than likely living shallow lives and are empty vessels themselves.

I'm off for a hike in a bit :)

MadYaker wrote: »
    They are exactly what I expected two Dublin lads on the radio to be like. Slightly irritating attention seekers but harmless at the same time. Matt was very patient when they repeatedly asked him dumb questions. Like what his favourite shops, restaurants and cafes were in a town where everything has been shut since a day or two after he arrived.

bit harsh :confused: thought they did an excellent job...got the balance right, kept it light without over-fawning, and the bit with the nurse at the end was a lovely touch

* imagine if it was Tubridy or Darcy..."so tell us about your granny in galway" tell us how much you love Ireland" etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

nthclare wrote: »
    He's a nice guy Matt, but it's the usual ****e here in Ireland these idiot's trying to capitalise and be the first one's through the finishing line regarding getting Matt on their show...

Spin FFS are they still driving their mini's around the place, I remember when there was 7 on the road in the Midwest 7 mini's in a processional entourage one driver better looking than the other...

People worshiping the spinnies in their minnies, it was a well sought out career to get a job on spin FM...

Well here's one for ye, there's a few hiding out up here in the Burren too not far from a few village's and they come down to get their groceries and nobody bothers them.

For years Bryan Ferry was coming to Co Clare with his exe wife Lucy Helmore and kid's who had a connection to the Kinvara/ Flaggy shore area.
    And the locals had enough class and dignity not to treat them like freaks and chase them from one end of the Burren to the other.
    They were left alone.

I know another so called superstar and he comes out hiking with myself and my friend during the summer. We're quite ordinary bloke's a bit funny like him too, although some here would care to differ that I'm funny,and rightly so as I'm like marmite you'll either love me or hate me..

What chance have humanity of evolving into better human beings, if we're still worshiping celebs and artist's, if we're still breaking people's
    anonymity.

Making a big deal that Matt Damon is in Dublin, hopefully they'll leave him alone now.
    He's and his family and is entitled to peace and to go about their business without any interruption or have their name's all over the fcking rags..

He'll come out some morning and will look tired and stressed out, maybe just worn from it all snap at a fan or tell someone to **** off, and he's within his rights..I'd be the same **** off out of my way..

Then the snowflake reporter will, get their vengeance and concoct a story like Thing's are not going so well for Matt and his Wife and family.

I'll be fcked if I'd out the couple hiding out in the Burren area, because anyone who does this kind of thing are not cool and more than likely living shallow lives and are empty vessels themselves.

You obviously didn't listen to the interview then? He says himself he had plenty of privacy and people generally left him alone. Nice rant though.

You obviously didn't listen to the interview then? He says himself he had plenty of privacy and people generally left him alone. Nice rant though.

Thanks for the nice rant comment, I really appreciate that.. because sometimes people don't like a rant.

How do you know I didn't listen to the interview lol are you floating around inside my head or having an outer body experience and hanging around in the corner of my bedroom, peeping through the curtains are you MadYaker...

I'd say you like watching people don't you MadYaker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

AFAIK you aren't allowed quote whole articles. I stated where I got the article from, anyone can look it up and see other examples of up their own hole Dalkey natives.

Don't rule out journalists just making the quote up for the purposes of their article; in this case to rile up the Weldoninhios of this world. "Dalkey Resident" is hardly going to write in to say they were misquoted. Even when quotes are credited to a particular person they can be slightly changed or taken out of context to alter their meaning to fit the journalists intention.

It came across a little cringeworthy, but fair play to them on bagging the scoop. Spin1038 is not BBC Radio 4 admittedly, and Damon was a seasoned pro in the manner he handled the excitable duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They were left alone.

anonymity.

In all fairness they never went near him and Matt voluntarily rang the show himself after hearing them.

If you listen to it then he explained how it happens.

Also, it hurt my eyes reading your post at times as apostrophes are never used in plurals. So many people seem to think that's correct nowaday's. (That apostrophe's a joke by the way!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hes in the poshest part of the country living it up with a section of the population which really doesnt represent all irish people in the true sense. I wonder would he like to frequent a working class area and mix with the real locals rather than the fabricated well heeled class.

^^^^^^^^^^^

irish begrudgery, somethings never change unfortunately :cool:

murpho999 wrote: »
    In all fairness they never went near him and Matt voluntarily rang the show himself after hearing them.

Also, it hurt my eyes reading your post at times as apostrophes are never used in plurals. So many people seem to thing that's correct nowaday's. (That apostrophe's a joke by the way!).

I hear you I'm dyslexic myself and letters bounce around the place even when I'm reading etc

I know you were having the bants about the apostrophes etc

Thanks for explaining about plurals and apostrophes, you actually helped me to learn something new today and I like to be pulled or given a push now and again.

There's people here who mean well and there's others who are bittter, lonely keyboard warriors..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

murpho999 wrote: »

Also, it hurt my eyes reading your post at times as apostrophes are never used in plurals. So many people seem to thing that's correct nowaday's. (That apostrophe's a joke by the way!).

Grammar Nazi meet Spelling Nazi (its not me)

I think he came across very well yesterday. Gave them lots of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

irish begrudgery, somethings never change unfortunately :cool:

Not really, lets be honest here, Dalky/Killiney is not the real everyday Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They were left alone.

anonymity.

You should put that in a book. Have the mystery hiker do the foreword. Bestseller i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There was an article in the Irish Times I saw today. To say the residents of Dalkey are up their own arses is an understatement.

“You could say that Dalkey would be where people would aspire to live in if they won the lottery!” says one resident.

The Damon sightings in Dalkey and neighbouring Killiney, which together are sometimes referred to as Ireland’s Amalfi Coast, began in mid-March.

To be fair, the people who are actually from Dalkey aren’t like that. The pain in the arse types are the ones that moved there from some two horse town in the midlands during the boom time and now think their **** doesn’t stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

fryup wrote: »
    Spin 1038 got the Big Exclusive yesterday, and they did a great job too....

Scoop of the decade getting Matt Damon and this is the childish guff we get

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone seen his movie - "contagious"?

Is it realistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Killing bay has long been compared to med coasts.
    Lived in dalkey for a couple of years, between the 'we're better than you' crowd and the usual weekend drunk yobos it's not much different to most places in south Dublin tbh.

It’s compared because of the coast line and architecture. Many of the road are called after places on the med.

Sorrento, vico, nerrano, among others. Nothing to do with the people and it goes back well over 100 years. You didn’t learn much while living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

its still rainy cold ireland 9 months of the year, people comparing it to the med must be deluded..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Hes in the poshest part of the country living it up with a section of the population which really doesnt represent all irish people in the true sense. I wonder would he like to frequent a working class area and mix with the real locals rather than the fabricated well heeled class.

of course he wouldn't, he is rich. Why would he want that? He also would need some privacy.

I wonder if he has met Bono, I imagine not as it wouldn't be good publicity if he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

FVP3 wrote: »
    I wonder if he has met Bono, I imagine not as it wouldn't be good publicity if he had.

He talks about that in the vid, they FaceTime apparently.

Advertisement