Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matt Damon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭Allinall

Not really, lets be honest here, Dalky/Killiney is not the real everyday Ireland.

Where is?

Nowhere. That's where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Anyone seen his movie - "contagious"?

Is it realistic?

Contagion, and yes it is. Almost like a documentary of what we are going through now, complete with chinese origin, bats, patient zero, R0s and so on. He mentioned it in the vid.

It's more of an ensemble piece though. It's not really his movie.

As for dalkey or killiney looking like the med, it does in the right weather. I get why rich people would like to live there ( or Howth which I prefer) unlike the snobbery with a lot of the southside.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Hes in the poshest part of the country living it up with a section of the population which really doesnt represent all irish people in the true sense. I wonder would he like to frequent a working class area and mix with the real locals rather than the fabricated well heeled class.

Where represents all Irish people?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

FVP3 wrote: »

I wonder if he has met Bono, I imagine not as it wouldn't be good publicity if he had.

apparently they know each having worked on the same projects.

https://extra.ie/2020/05/08/entertainment/celebrity/bono-new-neighbour-matt-damon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

nthclare wrote: »
    He's a nice guy Matt, but it's the usual ****e here in Ireland these idiot's trying to capitalise and be the first one's through the finishing line regarding getting Matt on their show...

Spin FFS are they still driving their mini's around the place, I remember when there was 7 on the road in the Midwest 7 mini's in a processional entourage one driver better looking than the other...

People worshiping the spinnies in their minnies, it was a well sought out career to get a job on spin FM...

Well here's one for ye, there's a few hiding out up here in the Burren too not far from a few village's and they come down to get their groceries and nobody bothers them.

For years Bryan Ferry was coming to Co Clare with his exe wife Lucy Helmore and kid's who had a connection to the Kinvara/ Flaggy shore area.
    And the locals had enough class and dignity not to treat them like freaks and chase them from one end of the Burren to the other.
    They were left alone.

I know another so called superstar and he comes out hiking with myself and my friend during the summer. We're quite ordinary bloke's a bit funny like him too, although some here would care to differ that I'm funny,and rightly so as I'm like marmite you'll either love me or hate me..

What chance have humanity of evolving into better human beings, if we're still worshiping celebs and artist's, if we're still breaking people's
    anonymity.

Making a big deal that Matt Damon is in Dublin, hopefully they'll leave him alone now.
    He's and his family and is entitled to peace and to go about their business without any interruption or have their name's all over the fcking rags..

He'll come out some morning and will look tired and stressed out, maybe just worn from it all snap at a fan or tell someone to **** off, and he's within his rights..I'd be the same **** off out of my way..

Then the snowflake reporter will, get their vengeance and concoct a story like Thing's are not going so well for Matt and his Wife and family.
    Mats a bit under the weather these days..

For fck sake leave celebs alone, they are entitled to privacy.

I'll be fcked if I'd out the couple hiding out in the Burren area, because anyone who does this kind of thing are not cool and more than likely living shallow lives and are empty vessels themselves.

I'm off for a hike in a bit :)

Thinly veiled "I met a celebrity" post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Allinall wrote: »
    Where is?

Nowhere. That's where.

Do I not live in Ireland ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

If Dalky looks like the med then if there wasn't gravity on the Burren it would look like the moon...

Ah come on, the med has a different climate, language and normal Irish people in Dalky to be honest.
    My girlfriend is from Glenageary and some of her friends are from Dalky and the language out of them, they're worse than docker's...

We all met up in the Canal Bank Cafe on Leeson street, for something to eat in arrived me as rough as fck a pair of redwing iron rangers, skuffed like an iron smith's work boots, pair of jeans and a Black Sabbath t-shirt, myself and herself from the rugged West Coast well shes a South sider she's a bit of a goth but well spoken and elegant she's gorgeous tbh..so am I :)
    that's humble bragging by the way...fck it call a spade a spade...

Anyhow we all got together and they didn't come across as pretentious or full of their own importance, probably old money so they had personally unlike the new money middle class shower of wannabe narcissistic bell ends who leave rural Ireland and pretend they're from Dublin 4

You get a lot of these **** coming home for Christmas, all lahhdydahh

I really like Dubs, some of my best friends are from Dublin, two are inner city , real Dubs now you know like Ronni Drew or Colin Farrell not your junkie...or wannabe toff...
    Another few are from the more old money Dublin and we all met in rehab around 18 years ago and all still off the hooch etc...

Our commonology is were clean and sober, not a drug or drink since September 2002...

We couldn't give a fck what people think of us, it's like board's I could take any criticism about my post's, fire one back..fck it I've come a long way....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

s8n wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I met a celebrity" post

humble bragging I'd call it, someone pulled me on that before..

you have every right to tell me something I'm aware of already...

I'll own it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

They'll be fun now that Pamela Landy and those mother****ers out in Langley know where he is. They have a score to settle after he closed down Threadstone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dalky

Dalkey.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

humble bragging I'd call it, someone pulled me on that before..

you have every right to tell me something I'm aware of already...

I'll own it :)

Who are you hiking with? is it Matt Damon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Funny, just clicked on this thread and what comes up on Good morning America?.. Matt Damon in Ireland.

Could care less about celebrities. They are just people too and although famous, I would not trade my life with them at all. I like my privacy.

Personally, cannot understand the adulation at all.

I meet a few where i live, but would never bother them outside of nodding or saying good morning. I also meet them (apparently) in the course of work, I would not know most of them, not being a cinema goer or watching too much TV.

Nothing but good publicity about Dalkey here though looking at this segment on GMA.

I too don't care a whit for celebs although most of my friends are also superstars.

I just don't bother them. They don't bother me. Wouldn't know what most of them are famous except for the screaming mobs that surround us when we leave the private jets etc. Not for me. I like my privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Being a superstar myself I really appreciate you guys respecting my privacy when I am out and about.

Yester wrote: »
    Being a superstar myself I really appreciate you guys respecting my privacy when I am out and about.

Happy to do it, Bono.

ooops!

For years Bryan Ferry was coming to Co Clare with his exe wife Lucy Helmore and kid's who had a connection to the Kinvara/ Flaggy shore area.
    And the locals had enough class and dignity not to treat them like freaks and chase them from one end of the Burren to the other.
    They were left alone.............

Who's Bryan Ferry?

If Dalky looks like the med then if there wasn't gravity on the Burren it would look like the moon...

Well there is gravity on the moon. And people have compared the burren to the moon.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186595-d271918-r279551317-The_Burren-County_Clare.html

dont really get the need to compare the area to the med either, but its a fairly impressive coast line for a city.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/killiney-and-dalkey-two-irish-coastal-villages-that-make-up-dublin-s-priciest-suburb-82714

she's gorgeous tbh..so am I :)

That wasn't a humble brag, it was literally a brag.

Augeo wrote: »
    Who's Bryan Ferry?

Co Mayo fisherman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I find the fawning quite odd. Spin1038 probably made 20 different tweets about their interview with him yesterday. I’ve nothing against Matt Damon at all. He’s an inoffensive guy. But why are people wondering at a celebrity being in Ireland? He happened to get trapped here but presumably at any one time, there’ll be a few international celebrities milling around the country.
    fryup wrote: »
    Spin 1038 got the Big Exclusive yesterday, and they did a great job too....

I thought it was both dull and sycophantic. Some really inane questions.

He happened to get trapped here.

There are flights out of Ireland and private planes coming going every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I heard he was filming in Ardmore Studios in Wicklow, did he say if that is still going on or has he just been sitting around the house for the last 7 weeks?

Rew wrote: »
    There are flights out of Ireland and private planes coming going every day.

Well, get on the phone to Matt then because he seems under the impression that he should stay put.
    fryup wrote: »
    bit harsh :confused: thought they did an excellent job...got the balance right, kept it light without over-fawning, and the bit with the nurse at the end was a lovely touch

* imagine if it was Tubridy or Darcy..."so tell us about your granny in galway" tell us how much you love Ireland" etc

Ha ha, no way. They were fawning. And the rash of tweets from Spin afterwards. Christ. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,188 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I heard he was filming in Ardmore Studios in Wicklow, did he say if that is still going on or has he just been sitting around the house for the last 7 weeks?

I think the Ridley Scott movie stopped production over the virus which Matt's daughter had too ( not sure if the daughter is or was in Ireland or America )

Damon comes across as likeable down to earth in interviews, he married a waitress and seems very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Whatever you think about the interview and the publicity - its getting picked up internationally. CNN, NBC, BBC etc reporting on it.

Well, get on the phone to Matt then because he seems under the impression that he should stay put.

Don't know where you got that impression from the video. He did say they decided to see out the kids school year then leave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

I think Matt Damon is a good actor. I only ever saw him in Le Mans 66 though because I'm not a big movie fan. In fact, for years I thought he was my niece's boyfriend. There was a photo of her with her arm around a cardboard cut out of him stuck on my sister's fridge and I just assumed he was her boyfriend. I said "By jaze he's a handsome young fella" or words to that effect and they thought I was joking. I'd never heard of him. Wasn't he in The Bourneville Identification or something like that as well?

Rew wrote: »
    Don't know where you got that impression from the video. He did say they decided to see out the kids school year then leave though.

Aaaah, he’s been in Ireland for over a month. Is that not an indicator? I don’t think the video is needed to figure out that he thinks staying put is best. As the children have tutors travelling with them, I don’t see why that would be a reason to stay here. Their own home would surely be preferable. You seem to have got hung up on me using the word ‘trapped’. Don’t be so literal. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think the Ridley Scott movie stopped production over the virus which Matt's daughter had too ( not sure if the daughter is or was in Ireland or America )

Damon comes across as likeable down to earth in interviews, he married a waitress and seems very happy

Any ideas what the movie is or about? And is there any location shots of Ireland or were they just filming indoor set stuff in Ardmore Studios

Whatever you think about the interview and the publicity - its getting picked up internationally. CNN, NBC, BBC etc reporting on it.

That’s because there is nothing happening anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Advertisement