Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your (unwanted) bodily quirk?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Unless youre perfect of course :P
    I had an enlightening conversation with a dog breeder at work today and I got thinking about different traits in humans that don't comply with the "norm", whatever that is :rollseyes:
    Mine is im cross eyed. It isn't extremely noticeable when Im talking with someone but from more of a distance it is. Its the result of facial paralysis so I suppose it could be much worse :P My right eye is atrophic (smaller due to nerve damage) so it sits like .5 cm lower on my face.
    So what's yours? One of my friends for example produces way too much saliva, while another has webbed toes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Dyspraxia
    Aspergers
    Poor muscle tone
    Poor posture
    Psoriasis

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

My biggest toe is the toe beside the 'big' toe, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm too sexy for my shirt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm too sexy for my shirt :(

Does it hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hooded eyes.

Years and years as a teen/young adult trying to figure out how to put make-up on, and only in my later years discovering that it was my eyes that were frigged up, not my application skills.
    They aren't even matching hoods, so what might work aesthetically for one eye won't work for the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

That's called Morton's Toe :P It was once upon a time believed to be the ideal Roman toe configuration ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Extraodrinarily puffy nipples. I look like a guy who did a poorly thought out steroid cycle and f*cked it up, except ironically I'm only just doing things like that now out of trying to fix the feckin' problem. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Sinister Pigeon

I've got a horrendous beak on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Vitiligo , I've given up trying to explain what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The lad down below has a propensity to am.....get excited a bit too quick.

When it happened the first it time I merely chalked it off as an unfortunate "accident". But any subsequent incidents since has me of the belief that it's more of a (totally) unwanted quirk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Ezcema since I was 12. I hate it so much but when I get a scratch on an itch oh sweet baby Jesus it's sooo good. And a no hair on my head but plenty on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'm actually a 12 foot lizard and I am closely monitoring Conspiracy Theories for laughs and occasional snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭obi604

I've got a horrendous beak on me.

Ever considered entering the Nose of Tralee ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

O Lord it's hard to me humble when you're perfect in every way, I can't wait to look in the mirror coz I get better looking each day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Not the paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The Gards tried to arrest me cos I'm so gorgeous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My boobs are too big and it's not a positive. It's an encumbrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have the same thing.

I also can make my belly pop out to make it look like I'm a fairly heavily pregnant woman... I'm relatively in shape so it's quite the contortion. My drunken party trick was balancing a pint on it while standing up.

^ The infamous reverse Irish Kardashian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hair. Hair everywhere. As it goes, it ain't the worst kind at all and no one's ever complained (my most recent ex like it) but I loathe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I've an awful bad back, I'm in agony with it right now... :(

cantdecide wrote: »
    Hair. Hair everywhere. As it goes, it ain't the worst kind at all and no one's ever complained (my most recent ex like it) but I loathe it.

Hair is easy as pie to get rid of. Breasts aren't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have webbed toes and am extremely double jointed.

I'd a golf lesson recently and the coach told me I was a freak after I had a stretch by putting both hands behind my shoulder, stretching them down to my ass and then raising them above my head.

I also have the second toe being bigger than the big toe thing, and my ring finger is bigger than my first finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

I've one blue eye and one brown.

Like David Bowie and my neighbours cat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

mattP wrote: »

Mine is im cross eyed. It isn't extremely noticeable when Im talking with someone but from more of a distance it is.

My right eye is atrophic (smaller due to nerve damage) so it sits like .5 cm lower on my face.

your right eye looks left and up a bit ?

............................................................................
    so does that mean

..............................................................................or is it

the other way round ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I have no willy.

Or else it was that I have dyspraxia, but I can't remember which.

eternal wrote: »

Beavis: Breasts
    Butthead: Titties
    Beavis: Knockers
    Butthead: Playthings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

eternal wrote: »

It's all relative I suppose. Give me a choice of huge boobs or body hair I'd choose ... umm...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's all relative I suppose. Give me a choice of huge boobs or body hair I'd choose ... umm...

Bodyhair

At least it can be easily removed.

• Advertisement

I'm getting compared to seriously morbidly obese people just cos I have big boobs. It's relative to me.

Advertisement