Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treve Treve Treve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ah be jaysus that's some statement.

Just my opinion mate, ive said already this is the best filly i have ever seen. Jarnet hadnt asked her anything and she cantered to the front while a top class field behind her where hard at it. Visually it was the best performance of any horse ive seen since Frankel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just my opinion mate, ive said already this is the best filly i have ever seen. Jarnet hadnt asked her anything and she cantered to the front while a top class field behind her where hard at it. Visually it was the best performance of any horse ive seen since Frankel.

You never seen Sprinter Sacre? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This thread is in bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

tryfix wrote: »
    It's only the Racing Post Ratings and not the official ratings. It's hard to gauge a race by the initial result, so if an improving horse gets close to a good one they've got to be careful that they don't overrate that horse and use the collateral form to assess the true value of the form. Which is why you see Al Kazeem's Ascot form being subsequently marked down.

Treve has the same RPR rating as Toronado, but Treve would receive 3lbs for the sex allowance. So she'd theoretically finish ahead of him with the sex allowance, but finish level if she wasn't receiving that allowance.

The sex allowance is an extra bit of help for the fillies and it's different than the weight for age allowance which doesn't affect the ratings.

I know most of this but it's the way they snap react to one performance and are slow to go wait a minute this yolk isn't a 135+ horse that is what I can't figure out.

I think Treve is better than Toronado without the allowance thus she should be rated higher imo.

Even the bare ratings of Zarkava and Treves performances are flawled imo. Treve had a dream run, albeit she was wide but she had a clear run from the 5f mark, Zarkava almost ran out at the start and was boxed in and only got daylight inside the 3f pole, for me Zarkava is a better horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

hucklebuck wrote: »
    I know most of this but it's the way they snap react to one performance and are slow to go wait a minute this yolk isn't a 135+ horse that is what I can't figure out.

I think Treve is better than Toronado without the allowance thus she should be rated higher imo.

Even the bare ratings of Zarkava and Treves performances are flawled imo. Treve had a dream run, albeit she was wide but she had a clear run from the 5f mark, Zarkava almost ran out at the start and was boxed in and only got daylight inside the 3f pole, for me Zarkava is a better horse.
    Overall for durability and versatility Zarkava like Sea The Stars was more brilliant, but in the Arc she beat Youmzain and Soldier Of Fortune by 2l and a 1/2l.

Treve beat equally as good horses by 5l and so she produced a better performance in the Arc than any single performance Zarkava has ever produced. It would be hard to argue that Soldier of Fortune ( OR 124 ) was 2 1/2l superior to Orfevre ( OR 127 ).

Strangely enough Orfevre 127 with his 2 Arc seconds fills the same role as a yardstick as Youmzain 125 did with his 3 Arc seconds.

Putting Treve's win ahead of Sea The Stars and Zarkava's Arc wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Overall for durability and versatility Zarkava like Sea The Stars was more brilliant, but in the Arc she beat Youmzain and Soldier Of Fortune by 2l and a 1/2l.

Treve beat equally as good horses by 5l and so she produced a better performance in the Arc than any single performance Zarkava has ever produced. It would be hard to argue that Soldier of Fortune ( OR 124 ) was 2 1/2l superior to Orfevre ( OR 127 ).

Strangely enough Orfevre 127 with his 2 Arc seconds fills the same role as a yardstick as Youmzain 125 did with his 3 Arc seconds.

Putting Treve's win ahead of Sea The Stars and Zarkava's Arc wins.

It depends what you call a better performance, if you are talking comparable sectionals I would say Zarkava is quicker, I don't know where to get this data but she beat Goldikova snugly at 2 and her turn of foot in the Boussac, Vermille and Diane was nothing short of breathtaking. To my eye Zarkava is a quicker horse and would be more than capable of running the last 600m in around 30 seconds.

Sure Youmzain is a good yardstick but my contention is he seemed to perform best at Longchamp and his rating is lower than the pure rating he would achieve at Longchamp so can his rating be relied on as a direct comparison.

In relation to Sea The Stars his rating is below where he should be as once he hit the front he would idle, STS was one of those horses that not did look quick but chewed up the ground. Again STS did not get daylight until the 3f pole and at that he was around 18 seconds to the line even taking a bump from Dar Re Mi and idling.

If you had a match between the three I think Treve is third and she is a smashing horse.

I suppose my biggest issue with the ratings Zarkava goes down in history as a worse horse than Treve and Goldikova, I think she is better than Treve and she beat Goldikova twice. And Sea The Stars is regarded as on a par with Harbinger who he would piss all over every day of the week.

I guess it's hard to assess but the Harbinger rating grates on me, a couple of nice looking victories but he beat flip all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Orfevre goes and wins a gr.1 by 8 lengths on his final start. A top class horse, how freakily good does that make Treve. She is outstanding.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Orfevre goes and wins a gr.1 by 8 lengths on his final start. A top class horse, how freakily good does that make Treve. She is outstanding.

Was just about to post the same. He beat the Japan Cup winner the way she beat him. Treve turns up next October, she wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Would 3/1 for the Arc be a long term investment?

• Advertisement

culline wrote: »
    Would 3/1 for the Arc be a long term investment?

Injury looks her only rival unless a horse of Frankel class comes from nowhere. Aidan O'Brien's best ever horse could end up there I suppose. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Injury looks her only rival unless a horse of Frankel class comes from nowhere. Aidan O'Brien's best ever horse could end up there I suppose. :pac:

Which one is that :pac:

SRFC wrote: »
    Which one is that :pac:

The 10th time's a charm!! He really really means it this time, apparently! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

jimjamcos wrote: »
    The 10th time's a charm!! He really really means it this time, apparently! :D

Australia is the latest one isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

The names on these coolmore horse's are a bit bombastic, War command, declaration of war, the united states, Australia, etc are they selling the horses to ex yankee military types or something, tone it down a bit lads please FFS.

Australia is the latest one isn't it?
    Love that beast of a horse:)

Treve looks good enough to win a second Arc, but 1978 was the last time an Arc winner won back to back Arcs, not sure how many have tried it, but it is quite a challenge keeping a horse right for a second Arc win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Treve's performance was brilliant, lets see her do it again next year. Orfevre came form Japan every time he raced, Treve was at home (...endless pointless arguments could be made like this one like Orfevre had a prep run, shows there was nothing bothering him etc but then what did he beat that day? and on soft ground (in the Arc) is he nearly as good a horse?....continue to argue though, you'll basically never reach a conclusion)

Best horse on the day won the Arc. Danedream was a very good mare and went to Japan and underperformed. Send Treve to Japan and see how she copes.

Respect to the horse, mind.

Nulty wrote: »
    Treve's performance was brilliant, lets see her do it again next year. Orfevre came form Japan every time he raced, Treve was at home (...endless pointless arguments could be made like this one like Orfevre had a prep run, shows there was nothing bothering him etc but then what did he beat that day? and on soft ground (in the Arc) is he nearly as good a horse?....continue to argue though, you'll basically never reach a conclusion)

Best horse on the day won the Arc. Danedream was a very good mare and went to Japan and underperformed. Send Treve to Japan and see how she copes.

Orfevre is a freak on his day, and Sunday being his swansong, well let's just say he was likely to be well revved up for it. The collateral form isn't up to a whole lot, with some moderate horses in the mix at the finish bringing down the value of beating the better ones like Gold Ship rpr 128 who couldn't have run to form in 3rd because they are better horses than the likes of Love Is Boo **** rpr 111 who finished on Gold Ships tail in 4th on Sunday. Gold Ship beaten 9 1/2l Sunday was beaten 8 1/4l by Gentildonna the time before, so it's more likely to be St Nicholas Abbey territory form rather than Frankel level form. Still, puts a very good gloss on Treve's form, very good indeed..

Nulty wrote: »

Orfevre is probably better on quick ground but its clear he could handle worse. In fairness the colt was in France for months before the Arc, European horses that go to Japan never do that, plenty of top class Europeans have gone there and disappointed. Montjeu probably the best

If this filly runs in The Arc next year she wins its as simple as that. An absolute monster, best filly I have ever seen she absolutely smashed one of the best Arc fields in years, her turn of foot is frightening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Pour vous Urban

• Advertisement

The initial plan with Criquette, which of course could change, is to go for the Prix Ganay and then on to Royal Ascot for the Prince of Wales's Stakes. Then Treve would have a prep race for the Arc in the Vermeille, and then the Arc itself - so it's likely to be a four-race campaign again."

Probable firm ground over 10f, not ideal.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=1126687&category=0

The machine returns tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Taff

The machine returns tomorrow.

not a bother on her!

BmIGhP_IIAAOZvm.jpg

This filly is the best theres ever been, have never seen a turn of foot like hers for a middle distance horse truely electrifying to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Cirrus Des Aigles outbattles Treve, and I have just piled into the 2/1 available for the Prince of Wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Trevelol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Over-rated.
    In.
    Training.
    Layers dream.
    €.

Some good points there Slattsy. Certainly a layer's dream alright getting beaten for the first time in her career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Some good points there Slattsy. Certainly a layer's dream alright getting beaten for the first time in her career.

By a short head. I'd say Slattsy will be laying her to the tune of a few grand next day.

Over-rated.
    In.
    Training.
    Layers dream.
    €.

j9yhyt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Cirrus Des Aigles outbattles Treve, and I have just piled into the 2/1 available for the Prince of Wales

Treve will be a different filly at Royal Ascot, providing she turns up. 2/1 is the price of the season. Cirrus Des Aigles got lucky today.

Wouldn't get too dispirited about that performance. Treve needs 12f and Cirrus needs 10f and very Soft ground which he got.

Would back her with complete confidence over 12f in the best of company.

Wouldn't get too dispirited about that performance. Treve needs 12f and Cirrus needs 10f and very Soft ground which he got.

Would back her with complete confidence over 12f in the best of company.

Cirrus Des Aigles also had a very advantageous fitness edge over Treve. The Ganay is a joke race. It's far too early in the season to be running a Group One for 4yo's and upwards. It reminds me of the Prix Lupin, in terms of being a completely and utterly pointless Group One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Over-rated.
    In.
    Training.
    Layers dream.
    €.

What does that even mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

The really great ones didn't get beaten by anything, think Zarkava, STS and Frankel, especially by a 25 year old flat horse.

Bad auld nag

The really great ones didn't get beaten by anything, think Zarkava, STS and Frankel, especially by a 25 year old flat horse.

Bad auld nag

Cirris Des Aigles is one of the best 10 furlong horses ever. He was fit and she wasnt, this filly would beat Zarkava imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone got a video of the race? Always said last year if anyone could get Treve beat it was Dettori. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Cirris Des Aigles is one of the best 10 furlong horses ever. He was fit and she wasnt, this filly would beat Zarkava imo.

Cirrus Des Aigles was a decent horse, he's old now, ancient for a flat horse. This 'Treve wasn't fit' is a load of bollocks, it was a 250k grade 1.

Treve wouldn't see which way Zarkava went

Cirrus Des Aigles was a decent horse, he's old now, ancient for a flat horse. This 'Treve wasn't fit' is a load of bollocks, it was a 250k grade 1.

In fairness if you think the Ganay was going to be the be all and end all you'd be naive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

It's not like she was beaten out of sight or comfortably even. The way she was beate suggests that fitness beat her, and a top class, race fit champion in his ideal conditions.

Anyone hear what connections had to say??

Just checked there:

"She definitely needed the run"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

He has still been consistently rated as one of the top 3 horses for the last 3 or 4 years and on his day can beat almost anything.

In hindsight the result isnt as much of a shock as I first thought, no doubt its taken some gloss off Treve though

Can't be having that man, Treve won a much stronger Arc, 3 Derby winners a Prince of Wales and Eclipse winner in the field. She made a horse rated 130 look like a tree when winning at Longchamp in October. This filly won't be beaten again this season, that 2/1 for the Prince of Wales is a gift she should be odds on.

Video of the race, looks like she just got a bit tired at the end. Don't think the jockey was too hard on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Sweet high five between the two lads after the line too.

Head on worth watching- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgI8cGsUYk

Great race.

What do you's make of her run yesterday lads, its hard to now whether the trainer had her fully wound up for the run with the Arc only a few weeks away and the jockey wasn't overly hard on her, but you've got to be disappointed that she didn't win. A lot of question marks over her but 8/1 is very tempting.

• Advertisement

What do you's make of her run yesterday lads, its hard to now whether the trainer had her fully wound up for the run with the Arc only a few weeks away and the jockey wasn't overly hard on her, but you've got to be disappointed that she didn't win. A lot of question marks over her but 8/1 is very tempting.

She doesn't look half the filly that she was last year. Too many excuses being made for her defeats, apart from the obvious that she hasn't trained on as well as they thought she might.

She doesn't look half the filly that she was last year. Too many excuses being made for her defeats, apart from the obvious that she hasn't trained on as well as they thought she might.

She was sensational last season and ran an absolute cracker on her comeback run only going down a neck to a race fit Cirrus Des Aigles. She didn't look to travel whatsoever in the POW stakes and yet wasn't beaten far on ground and a trip that you would think would of been unfavourable. Her trainer is no fool and I don't think she was anywhere near 100% fit yesterday with her main target a few weeks away. I think she is worth another chance, this is a very special filly imo.

She was sensational last season and ran an absolute cracker on her comeback run only going down a neck to a race fit Cirrus Des Aigles. She didn't look to travel whatsoever in the POW stakes and yet wasn't beaten far on ground and a trip that you would think would of been unfavourable. Her trainer is no fool and I don't think she was anywhere near 100% fit yesterday with her main target a few weeks away. I think she is worth another chance, this is a very special filly imo.

She'll have to be very very special to win back-to-back Arcs. Montjeu couldn't do it, amongst others, and she's without a win from three starts this season, after looking virtually unbeatable as a 3yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

She has regressed since last year. Cannot see her making the frame.

BumperD wrote: »
    She has regressed since last year. Cannot see her making the frame.
    That's a huge problem, horses that win the Arc are progressive, have won big races that year like Oaks and Derbies or the King George. Even Solemia the surpise 33/1 2012 winner had gone from listed winner as a 3yo to GP2 winner as a 4yo and placed 3rd in the Vermeille.

• Advertisement
Advertisement