Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse Crossover 2019)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Think I'm going to skip it, too many shows and characters I don't watch so it'll just leave me even more lost than before. Haven't even bothered picking back up with The Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

Do Sky have Batwoman in the UK/Ireland? No sign of it yet, so the crossover could be missing one of its episodes in that case for Sky viewers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They don’t and no one seems to really know who, if anyone, does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Supernatural alum Stephen Lobo has joined the crossover as Detective Jim Corrigan, who acts as host to the powerful cosmic entity known as the Spectre.
    sidenote:
    What's weird is that the guy ( Dubliner Emmet J Scanlon) who played Jim Corrigan in the Constantine show , went on to play DC character called Lobo in Krypton .

• Advertisement

infiniteearthsposter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Haven't really watched any of these but I when I read Kevin Conroy was finally going to be a live action Batman I really want to see that. Do I really need to have watched all these series to get this or will be it a stand alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wow that's a major spoiler :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wow that's a major spoiler :(

What the Kevin Conroy appearance ? Not really a spoiler as that was announced quite awhile ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There have also official publicity photos released of Conroy too, heavily suggesting which Wayne from the comics he'll be playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's going to be annoying for anyone watching on Sky here. They have the rights to Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl, but not Batwoman. So miss a fifth of the event.

Wonder are they going to do the usual deal of supporting Supergirl characters only appearing in the Supergirl part, supporting Arrow characters only appearing in Arrow and so on? Or will they just use who they need, when they need?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've only kept up to date with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow since the last crossover...

Is there anything especially important that I need to know from any of the other shows that they've been building up for Crisis? I've heard there may be a couple of important things stemming from The Flash and that The Monitor has been appearing on that show like he has on Arrow? Any Flash fans care to lay out any important plot points? What's the story with whatever version of Wells (as he's obviously got a big part to play) is currently on The Flash?

Arrow has obviously been having a bit of a build-up, with Oliver knocking about running errands for the Monitor (although most of this feels inconsequential in the grand scheme). The three main things I think that need to be know from Arrow (and obviously there's still an episode to go) is that Oliver knows that he will die as a result of Crisis and he can't change that, that Earth 2 has been wiped from existence, and that Lyla is working for the Monitor.

I've only kept up to date with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow since the last crossover...

Is there anything especially important that I need to know from any of the other shows that they've been building up for Crisis? I've heard there may be a couple of important things stemming from The Flash and that The Monitor has been appearing on that show like he has on Arrow? Any Flash fans care to lay out any important plot points? What's the story with whatever version of Wells (as he's obviously got a big part to play) is currently on The Flash?

Arrow has obviously been having a bit of a build-up, with Oliver knocking about running errands for the Monitor (although most of this feels inconsequential in the grand scheme). The three main things I think that need to be know from Arrow (and obviously there's still an episode to go) is that Oliver knows that he will die as a result of Crisis and he can't change that, that Earth 2 has been wiped from existence, and that Lyla is working for the Monitor.

Here is a breakdown on what I think you need to know from the other shows

The Flash
    In the very first episode of this season, The Monitor tells Barry that he is fated to die during the Crisis and that there is nothing he can do to prevent it. Barry visits Jay Garrick in Earth 3 and uses a device that allows him to look into the day after the Crisis to see if it's true. He sees millions of versions of the Crisis where everybody dies except one where he sacrifices himself. After accepting that he will die, he goes about making sure Team Flash will be able to go on without him.

The version of Wells this season is Nash Wells who is a sort of Indiana Jones type character who busts myths in different Earths. He ends up on Earth 1 as he has been after the Monitor. He discovers a hidden door underneath Central City that he believes leads to the Monitor. In the teaser that was released after Batwoman we see that a voice tells him how to open the door. When he solves the puzzle there is a bright light and he disappears. This is how he becomes Pariah and it looks like he breaks free the Anti-Monitor (could be wrong as in the comics this is what happens to this character)

Supergirl
    At the end of last season which had Lex Luthor in it, he is killed by Lena. At the end of the episode we see the Monitor revive him for some reason. In the teaser after the Midseason Finale of Supergirl we see that it has something to do with the Book of Destiny last seen in Elseworlds and that it is his chance to become a hero. The Monitor also releases a Martian from the Phantom Zone who we find out is the brother of J'onn Jones. We find out that he was banished there as he tried to rebel with the White Martians. J'onn erased all memories of his Brother from every Martian including himself. His brother has the ability to control minds.

Long story short the two brothers make up after doing a mind meld and his brother goes to Mars to help Megann. We then see that this was a test from The Monitor to make J'onn ready for Crisis

For Batwoman and Black Lightning there is not much you need to know. Batwoman has taken over from Batman who disappeared from Gotham and Black Lightning is a metahuman with control over Electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Here is a breakdown on what I think you need to know from the other shows

The Flash
    In the very first episode of this season, The Monitor tells Barry that he is fated to die during the Crisis and that there is nothing he can do to prevent it. Barry visits Jay Garrick in Earth 3 and uses a device that allows him to look into the day after the Crisis to see if it's true. He sees millions of versions of the Crisis where everybody dies except one where he sacrifices himself. After accepting that he will die, he goes about making sure Team Flash will be able to go on without him.

The version of Wells this season is Nash Wells who is a sort of Indiana Jones type character who busts myths in different Earths. He ends up on Earth 1 as he has been after the Monitor. He discovers a hidden door underneath Central City that he believes leads to the Monitor. In the teaser that was released after Batwoman we see that a voice tells him how to open the door. When he solves the puzzle there is a bright light and he disappears. This is how he becomes Pariah and it looks like he breaks free the Anti-Monitor (could be wrong as in the comics this is what happens to this character)

Supergirl
    At the end of last season which had Lex Luthor in it, he is killed by Lena. At the end of the episode we see the Monitor revive him for some reason. In the teaser after the Midseason Finale of Supergirl we see that it has something to do with the Book of Destiny last seen in Elseworlds and that it is his chance to become a hero. The Monitor also releases a Martian from the Phantom Zone who we find out is the brother of J'onn Jones. We find out that he was banished there as he tried to rebel with the White Martians. J'onn erased all memories of his Brother from every Martian including himself. His brother has the ability to control minds.

Long story short the two brothers make up after doing a mind meld and his brother goes to Mars to help Megann. We then see that this was a test from The Monitor to make J'onn ready for Crisis

For Batwoman and Black Lightning there is not much you need to know. Batwoman has taken over from Batman who disappeared from Gotham and Black Lightning is a metahuman with control over Electricity

Excellent. Thanks for that, much appreciated. Used to watch them all at one stage, but then there were far too many shows and I was really only enjoying Legends and Arrow, so cut the rest of them. Still liked all the characters involved in the rest, but the shows themselves just became a bit of a chore to keep up with.

Looking forward to Crisis and I hope it lives up to the hype.

Excellent. Thanks for that, much appreciated. Used to watch them all at one stage, but then there were far too many shows and I was really only enjoying Legends and Arrow, so cut the rest of them. Still liked all the characters involved in the rest, but the shows themselves just became a bit of a chore to keep up with.

Looking forward to Crisis and I hope it lives up to the hype.

Yeah I've been watching all the shows and shows like Batwoman and Black Lightning have their moments. Black Lightning itself is very different compared to the other shows as it deals with alot of real world problems. It also breaks episodes into multiple arcs. I'm still hoping that the aftermath of Crisis leads to all the shows being set on the same Earth.

Can't see how they will top Crisis as this is one of the biggest events in DC Comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was there anything in this week's Black Lightning or did they just have the Nash Wells bit again?

I'm sure the explanation for what he said will be in this week's Flash.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was there anything in this week's Black Lightning or did they just have the Nash Wells bit again?

I'm sure the explanation for what he said will be in this week's Flash.

Haven't watched it yet but I don't think so as there was no video released on YouTube like the 2 for Supergirl and Batwoman. The final trailer will release tonight probably after Arrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭corkie

Arrow: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 4
    Episode airs 14 January 2020

So a big gap over the holidays to see the conclusion!?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Arrow: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 4
    Episode airs 14 January 2020

So a big gap over the holidays to see the conclusion!?

Yep, the third part will end in a cliffhanger. I'd say part 4 will be the aftermath Of Crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

New trailer

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    New trailer

Super spoilerly so be warned

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Does look great though.

Mr E wrote: »
    Does look great though.

Yeah TheCW go all out for these promos

It's always 7 heroes

I hope it's gonna be as good as it looks

So there was no extra Crisis preview in Black Lightning but the promo for the next episode which is set between part 2 and 3 of the Crisis shows Red Skies and parallel versions of some of the characters. So I’d say it might be best to watch it after part 2 which is the Batwoman episode and before part 3 which is The Flash just to get an intro to Black Lightning

Liked Black Lighting season 1 concept of the character was interesting actor is good in the role.

Liked Black Lighting season 1 concept of the character was interesting actor is good in the role.

Yeah the show has changed a lot since season one. The second season was organized into smaller arcs known as "books" to mimic the style of the comic book source material and this has continued into season 3.

DC are releasing a 2 issue comic that will expand on the crossover showing characters that couldn’t be in the TV event
    https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/1202598477571788800

• Advertisement

I've always loved how, as much as they might try, those CW shows' big action climaxes always end up with actors flailing like eejits around somewhere outside in Vancouver, with minimal CGI to dress up the drama :D

Don't think I'm going to bother with this years, on consideration. Still watching Supergirl, so I'll catch the first episode of Crisis(?), but I haven't returned to The Flash, and don't feel I'm missing anything. Unless I hear it ends with some big important change to the universe (which is rumoured).

Advertisement