Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse Crossover 2019)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Welp. That's just all kinds of awesome. To the point where I wish this crossover had less moving parts; don't care about the Legends or Arrow, but a multiple Supermen team-up would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Audrey Marie Anderson, who plays Lyla Michaels in The CW's shared superhero universe, will pull double duty in the crossover by also portraying the iconic Harbinger character from the original Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series.

ar-cwn2138-crossover-harbinger-v3-web-1189920.jpeg?auto=webp&width=696&height=1044&crop=696:1044,smart[\img]
    "Lyla Michaels as Harbinger is a key component of the original Crisis on Infinite Earths that we were determined to honor in our crossover," executive producer Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. "What makes this particularly satisfying for us is that we introduced Lyla Michaels and her Harbinger codename all the way back in Arrow Season 1."

In the comics,
    Harbinger was saved by the Monitor as a child and imbued with immense powers. In Crisis, she summoned the heroes he required to protect the cosmic tuning forks, though she was later possessed by a Shadow Demon which allowed the Anti-Monitor to corrupt her into killing the Monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looking like it's gonna be accurate on the background characters but obviously twisty with the outcome. I'm hoping it lives up to the hype and gives the fallen characters a really great send-off I stand by hoping that Tom Welling is a villain Super Man as he really played the victim bad guy great in Lucifer would love him to be Bizzaro or Red Son or Injustice but that's just me I guess. Really hope there are completely crazy cameos and a great journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I want to see Brandon back on the big screen as Supers now.

Apparently Crisis On Infinite Earths Will Reference Michael Keaton's Batman Movies

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2482098/apparently-crisis-on-infinite-earths-will-reference-michael-keatons-batman-movies

Also a first look of Pariah with a group shot in the wave rider
    https://twitter.com/pagmyst/status/1182055768981303297

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tom Ellis
    was spotted on the set of Crisis recently, along side Matt Ryan, David Ramsey and Katherine McNamara.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

At this stage I am expecting the
    Winchester brothers
    to turn up :):):)

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Tom Ellis
    was spotted on the set of Crisis recently, along side Matt Ryan, David Ramsey and Katherine McNamara.

That would be fun to add him to the mix

That would be fun to add him to the mix

It would be fun seeing him interact with some of the Legends... Mainly Constantine and Mick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Like, there's a point where I'm starting to wonder is this going to be even remotely cohesive as a story, or just a glorified series of "applaud now" moments for fanboys & fangirls.

It's starting to look like that with all the so far confirmed and rumoured returns, it's like they saw ENDGAME's finale and thought how can we do similar? Either way I guess time will tell if it's a success or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Like, there's a point where I'm starting to wonder is this going to be even remotely cohesive as a story, or just a glorified series of "applaud now" moments for fanboys & fangirls.

Yeah I'm starting to get worried about it a bit. I didn't even watch any of the shows last season bar the crossover. Now they're bringing in f*cking Birds of Prey all this craic... As much as I was planning on watching this one to see them all together, now they're throwing so much in that I fear it'll just be a jumbled mess and characters introducing themselves for 4.5 episodes before a half hour fight at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Might as well try and bring in Mia Sara as Harley now and some from Gotham.

pixelburp wrote: »

I'm thinking that half of these cameos will just be to show all the previous shows exist as different Earths in the current Arrowverse. It could just be a 5 minute sequence traveling through the multiverse.

I'd say the battle during the Crisis itself will only involve the cast from the current shows along with the Kingdom Come Superman and maybe Smallville Superman. Most of the cameos are just fan service

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So The Flash dies then. Awe well nothing goes on forever. I guess that means this season is his last season then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

They can finally call it the Iris show then.

unless it's the current Flash that dies and the original Flash from before Thawne messed with the timeline causing the Particle Accelerator Explosion to happen earlier comes back

It's presumed that it's The Flash who dies, until
    Oliver goes and spanners that by revealing to Barry the deal
    he made with The Monitor during last year's Elseworlds crossover.

Yeah, I've watched enough sci-fi to know that if Character X is prophesied to die - and they're one of the main characters - there's going to be some 11th hour nonsense to ensure they don't die. Lord, we had a whole season of that with Iris in Season 3 of The Flash, so this is ground already trod.

• Advertisement

unless it's the current Flash that dies and the original Flash from before Thawne messed with the timeline causing the Particle Accelerator Explosion to happen earlier comes back

Can't be a flash without reverse flash it'll be a flashpoint situation if thawne doesn't kill Nora Allen

Can't be a flash without reverse flash it'll be a flashpoint situation if thawne doesn't kill Nora Allen

The only difference in the two timelines is the year Barry becomes the Flash. In the current timeline he became the Flash alot earlier

First official look at anti monitor
    antimonitor.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=1107&dpr=1.5

And Pariah
    tom-cavanagh-pariah-portrait.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=1107&dpr=1.5

Supernatural alum Stephen Lobo has joined the crossover as Detective Jim Corrigan, who acts as host to the powerful cosmic entity known as the Spectre.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, think I'll stay out of this thread and have at least some surprises when the episode airs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Yes there is spoilers about who is going to be in but there is to much being spoiled in there thread so far for me im out now.

Apparently another spin off is planned after this, focusing on
    Superman and Lois lane
    . I think this has been rumoured for a while now so will be interesting to see if it finally comes to pass...

Kevin Smith will be doing two After Shows on the CW for this one on December 8th after Supergirl and one on December 10th after the Flash.

I'm guessing he will be breaking down all the blink and you miss them cameos.

Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8 pm (special time)
    Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm (special day)
    The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm
    Arrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 8 pm (special time)
    DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 9 pm (special episode)

• Advertisement

Advertisement