Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options
  • 04-01-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

Theres probably never been a better time to be a pizza fan than right now in Dublin. Whats your favourites?

My top three (in no order) would have to be-

Da Mimmos, North Strand- always consistent. Superb pasta dishes there too. Must be one of the best traditional Italian restaurants anywhere in the city.

Base in Terenure- take away only but if its a nice day Bushy Park is a short stroll away

Pi Pizza on Georges St. I only ate in Pi for the first time a few weeks ago and must say it is on a different level, they serve really top class neapolitian pizza with some great toppings. No sides available though, not even a garlic bread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The Back Page in Phibsboro do a decent pizza. I tend to prefer that style to take away style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Sano on Exchange Street Upper have by far the best quality-to-price pizza I've had recently in Dublin anyway. Delicious, authentic Neapolitan pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

+1 for sano.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Passenger wrote: »
    Sano on Exchange Street Upper have by far the best quality to price pizza I've had recently in Dublin anyway. Delicious, authentic Neapolitan pizza.

The Sapori del Sud and Diavola... mmm mm mmm

Fantastic pizza under a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

*follows thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Never even heard of Pi Pizza, but going there at the weekend. What sort of bases do they have? Thin'n'crispy? (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Never even heard of Pi Pizza, but going there at the weekend. What sort of bases do they have? Thin'n'crispy? (hopefully!)

Thin in the middle but puffed up crusts, proper pies they are

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrfNtUAHTzY/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Pi Pizza
    Sano and
    Dublin Pizza company would be my favs.

All wood fired, thin crust.

Sano probably win for how reasonable they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sano are lovely - only had it once but sat right opposite the oven and it was great to watch! Very good prices too!

Base Pizza also worth a big mention, have only ever had it in The Jar pub on Wexford St.

La Caverna in Temple Bar is also very good for the more "original" pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Galliot & Gray on Clanbrassil street do great pizzas.
    Gruyère cheese used rather than mozzarella to give it an extra bite.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Been meaning to try Sano, have heard good things.

Ones I've had that I'd rate highest would be Manifesto (Rathmines), Paulie's (Beggar's Bush) and the aforementioned PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Sano has excellent toppings but the base is like Brennan's bread.

Pi does a great pizza but the toppings are boring.

Crillo and Dublin pizza Company are the best overall.

I ran a pizza company in the noughties so have some experience :pac::pac::eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Cirillos on Baggot St really impressed me - proper Italian style thin bases.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thin in the middle but puffed up crusts, proper pies they are

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrfNtUAHTzY/

Maybe it's the Instagram filter but these look awful? I like a bit of char but these crusts are properly burnt (especially the rear pizza) and the toppings look like they have flowed into the middle. I do not doubt you that in person they are good but the pictures do not do them any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

I find consistency a big issue in these places.Tiger in rathmines when it opened was immense but is now worse than four star for me.
    Pi I found pretentious and rude staff bar one girl who worked there. I go to these places in off peak times But when I was there one afternoon it felt I was interrupting the staff banter by trying to buy some food.
    I think get a group of friends and get yourself a fresh di Fontaine’s pizza made to order.( it really is a different game to the slices reheated).Cirillos is nice but more on the delicate side where I’m more into the American style pizza.
    I can’t eat dominos without feeling queasy I think the dough doesn’t agree with me.
    DPC is nice pizza but the standing around on the street with no proper queue pisses me off.
    Nolita does a nice pizza which is inbetween the American/ Italian and does generous toppings plus there’s lots of sides and can be quiet early in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

Dublin Pizza Company is best for me but it's a pain in the ass that I live outside their delivery range and there's no-where to eat it.
    You can however get it delivered to the bar "The Fourth Corner" for €1 extra and have a pint with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Al Boshcetto restaurant opposite the RDS ... best pizza i had in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

Bleeding starvin now, why would you post this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Maximilians in Blanch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Another vote for Sano here. Superb pizzas and great prices. Best of the places that I’ve tried recently.

It’s always packed with Italians too, which is a good sign.

I’ll throw an honourable mention here for Forno 500 also. Neapolitan style pizza and quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

+1 for Da Mimmo pizza is top notch.

Osteria Lucio at Clanwilliam Terrace is also fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

There are two excellent options in Dun Laoghaire.

Shovelhead pizza. They use Toonsbridge mozzarella, its crazy good.

00 in Dun Loaghaire also, thin base minimalist style. You can taste different flavours with each bite. Actually i'm getting one of these tonight at thinking of the roasted garlic flavour just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

+! on PI nothing but positive things to say. They have a new menu now too. The Bianca (no tomato) pizzas are really good too.
    The charring on that instagram pic might look odd, but it gives a really smoky taste. Its not like a chunk of carbon but a dusting of the wood fire flavour.

Havent tried Sano yet, must give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Pi I found pretentious and rude staff bar one girl who worked there. I go to these places in off peak times But when I was there one afternoon it felt I was interrupting the staff banter by trying to buy some food.

Staff in Pi are stunningly rude. The tall guy who cleaned my table was the worst service experience in my 45 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Revolution in rathgar is very nice. Good selection of craft beer to wash it down with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Pi is the best I've had anyway, must try Sano. Next best are Paulies and Coke Lane Pizza in Luckys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Had dpc twice,was not impressed. First time was really soggy, 2nd had no flavour. Best ive had was bellucci's in ballsbridge, but that was expensive, as well as pinheads in d8.
    Best chipper pizza ive had is from capri in kimmage, it is top quality for a 5€ margherita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Pizza Hut in Tyrrellstown for me. Never took to that bubbly dry Italian type base so it'd have to be a more American style for me. The one in question is better than any of the other branches I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Had pizza in Milanos in Dub & Galway. Lovely in both. Unfortunately they don't do 'ordinary' fries/chips.

Advertisement