Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

I had planned to watch the latest episode of Supernatural but decided to give another episode of this a go. Really glad that I've given the show a second chance as the episode Anslo Garrick part 1 is just a fantastic piece of television.

The fact that it was written and directed by Joe Carnahan was an early indicator that we were in for something a little bit special and the show delivered in spades. The set up is so simple, it's Die Hard in a black site and like most things in like simple really is better. The scope is narrow and for the first time were able to focus in the characters and what drives them. Red's monologue was brilliantly written and delivered and in a matter of minutes told us more about the character than all the previous episodes combined.

For the first time were seeing Red as a human and just some mad genius and its the humanity on display that makes him such a layered and interesting character. I think I'd happily just watch Red sitting in the box and talking. His reaction to the death of his friends was quite touching and not something I ever expected from the show.

Really hope that part 2 keeps up the high standard.

I was really enjoying part 2 of Anslo Garrick part 2 till my housemate returned home and had in tow an exhousemate I never wanted to see again. The ex was so drunk that he spent the first 5 minutes trying to kiss me and grab our cat Charlie Mittons before collapsing into an arm chair and falling asleep. Myself and my housemate started watching the episode and a few minutes later we were greeted to the sound and sight of our exhousemate pissing himself. Was absolutely disgusting, we've had a cat for the past two months and its never used the sitting took to do it's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,361 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was really enjoying part 2 of Anslo Garrick part 2 till my housemate returned home and had in tow an exhousemate I never wanted to see again. The ex was so drunk that he spent the first 5 minutes trying to kiss me and grab our cat Charlie Mittons before collapsing into an arm chair and falling asleep. Myself and my housemate started watching the episode and a few minutes later we were greeted to the sound and sight of our exhousemate pissing himself. Was absolutely disgusting, we've had a cat for the past two months and its never used the sitting took to do it's business.

That ex house mate on your blacklist now :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That ex house mate on your blacklist now :p

He's been on it for a long time. If I'd known he was coming over I'd have double locked the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

He's been on it for a long time. If I'd known he was coming over I'd have double locked the front door.
    Why don't you...

pour him a vodka?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Darko, at times like that you need to ask yourself "What would Red do ?".
    Then remember that the guy has twelve passports, bottomless pockets and a private jet. So just take a photo of the pissy little passed-out drunk and post it online for the world to see instead. Actually that probably is what Red would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

there still gunning to have a child?:rolleyes:

So they just let some random guy who said he was the hungarian guy's lawyer in and left him alone with him, despite the fact that even the hungarian guy was like "who the hell are you?".

They also leave the alchemist's wife and kid without protection even though the wife tells Liz that he comes there all the time.

Liz swaggering into the petrol station was stupid, she was condescending to the swat guy and she put the lives of the hostages in danger.

Rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It has more plotholes than a fishing net but I still can't wait till the James Spader/Alan Alda on screen hamfest showdown.

It has more plotholes than a fishing net but I still can't wait till the James Spader/Alan Alda on screen hamfest showdown.

ohhhhhhh i'm looking forward to that the most, it's will be beautiful to watch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah, still an enjoyable show, getting better, Red finding out the mole was a bit obvious i think! Who's the suspicious girl eyeing up Tom & putting ideas in his head or is it me being suspicious :p

Liz: Well did you bring me back something nice!
    Red: Yes, i did... another name for the list

Cute!

holy smokes. well that was unexpected.

diane is a shocking looking corpse

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another fun episode (just don't think about the adoption plot too much or you'll realise how ridiculous it was).

And once again, don't piss Red off.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Good episode, ish... Not a great mid season finale though. It also feels the writers aren't sure whether the husband is a good guy or not yet; I could be wrong, it just feels slightly like they're winging it.

IMHO this on again off again relationship they have can't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

Delighted to see this show back last night. It was one show I really started to miss during the Olympics and I really liked the episode this week. Personally I wish they'd either sideline Lizzie's drippy husband or turn him into the bad guy they've been hinting he is quickly because he's just getting boring at this stage. On the plus side, it was fab to see Jennifer Ehle in this week's episode. She looks like she may return in the future. Great actress and lucky Red! I'm not jealous! :)

The only problem with this week's episode is that you could see the ending come a mile away.

I like this show but it is already getting a bit repetitive and that's going to get boring quickly. The husband/adoption thing needs to be settled and a main season arc needs to be clear and progressing. I was looking forward to it returning but I got bored half way through, watched a few other things and then finished it

Looking forward to this show coming back, another enjoyable ep & it looks like anyone could go, but yeah what's happening with the moody husband as he's a distraction & now did he meet another woman who's the spit of his wife, i can only assume she's a spy tryin to get close to Liz or Red?

The ending did look obvious near the end as someone had to be doublecrossed in the end only for his motives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

love the show but this episode was weak.
    Predictable rubbish.
    Hopefully only a filler for something better...

I like this show but it is already getting a bit repetitive and that's going to get boring quickly. The husband/adoption thing needs to be settled and a main season arc needs to be clear and progressing. I was looking forward to it returning but I got bored half way through, watched a few other things and then finished it
    Yeah, I ended up going off in the middle of it too and then coming back to it the next day, which is never a sign that you're finding it engrossing.

I'm starting to find Red's conversation style grating.

• Advertisement

Returns on Sky Living tomorrow night

not caring much about the husband going off having an affair, unless it's a secret op he's on, then i don't really want to know. oh boo hoo he's feeling neglected, seriously get over it :rolleyes: harsh i know.

anyway, loved Monday's episode, although i'm throwing logic out the window at this point, because donald should not be running around and jumping off 15 ft walls or what ever foot it was, especially not after what happened to his leg. :p that fall could have broken an ankle at least. so screw logic.

while a little predictable. she was gonna get away, too slippery and too much like Red to get caught.

The problem with the husband is that the whole storyline is too annoying. He wants kids. Lizzie doesn't. Are we really to believe that this wasn't discussed in detail before they got married? If it was, then he should just suck it up. He knew what he was getting into. If it wasn't or they'd decided on adoption but she's not changed her mind, then it's either a case of manning up and leaving her because of her indecision or just sucking it up and staying with her. **** of get off the pot really. It's how I wish they'd handle things at this stage.

Finally that nonsense with the husband is cleared up. I hope we see more progression of a larger arc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Finally that nonsense with the husband is cleared up. I hope we see more progression of a larger arc now.

Seconded. And I hope that's not the last we'll see of Dianne Wiest.

I was thinking there was a reason why yer wan was interested in Lizzie's dopey husband, but now it looks like it's come full circle now.

Yup agreed. It makes sense now that Red was onto the husband earlier in the season. I wondered what the story was with that. Hopefully now for the remainder of the season we'll see Red track closer and closer to the husband. With luck Red will dispatch him in the finalé, him and his teacher pal. I'm glad to see there's an actual reason for the husband sticking around and being such a doormat. Makies sense now.

Delighted to see Diane Wiest myself, and Daniels from The Wire as well! He's putting himself about lately. I hadn't seen him in much and now he's turned up on Blacklist and is a regular on Intelligence.

yahoo!!!!! :D now i have a reason to watch the husband more closely. about freakin time. i'm just glad he's not having an affair. so boring.

I really can't get back into the show, it's just so generic and bland that I find myself half watching an episode before choosing something else and then going back a few days later and finishing it off. Spaded is the best thing about the show but even he isn't enough to keep me invested in the show. May see how the rest if the series plays out before deciding to drop it it not.

• Advertisement

I wonder is Tom on Red's list

Advertisement