Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

It appears now that breaking into my house would be harder that strolling into a Black-ops facility. I'm reckoning Spader's boredom with the CIA whatever is just mirroring his own boredom with the scripts. Bad gimp with a scar who fails to turn up with explosives. This new villain wouldn't know how to apply for a passport never mind have ten on the go at the same time.

I'm still gonna watch part 2 though ;)

Think that was the general idea though, red kept on saying how much smarter he was than him. can't believe he let him kill two of his associates though. i was starting to like the black guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Think that was the general idea though, red kept on saying how much smarter he was than him. can't believe he let him kill two of his associates though. i was starting to like the black guy.

So was I, but I'm beginning to notice Boardwalk Empire will need some new black faces soon. Perhaps he did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm hoping Tom turns out to be a stone cold killer.

Who murders Lizzie asap :P I'm still not keen on Megan Boone as Lizzie

I hope Red is not her father seems too obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

We don't actually see the black guy getting killed though?
    Looks likely but why not show it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

sham69 wrote: »
    We don't actually see the black guy getting killed though?
    Looks likely but why not show it?
    Nah, I'm pretty sure he's dead. Unfortunately.

I don't know, we know that character better than the asian woman so to give him a more dignified exit?

It's kind of poetic justice for Red, he takes away one of the most important people to Lizzie, he has two of the most important people to him killed in the next episode.

Unless the gunshot is IT guy coming out of the shadows but that seems incredibly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

I don't know, we know that character better than the asian woman so to give him a more dignified exit?

It's kind of poetic justice for Red, he takes away one of the most important people to Lizzie, he has two of the most important people to him killed in the next episode.

Unless the gunshot is IT guy coming out of the shadows but that seems incredibly unlikely.

Pretty sure myself but you never know...
    Pit about the asian woman ;)

you never know. :D with this show you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just caught up with the last two ep, well hello
    Daddy
    I liked it when the two were sitting at the table & either Tom has amnesia or he's a really good spy

& then it knocked up a notch with die hard action scenes & no wonder as i saw that name somewhere else & when you read that he's a bad ass director Joe Carnahan

looking forward to the 2nd part.

pKtK8Le.png

pKtK8Le.png

Well, James Spader is doing a very good Jeeves impression. I'm sure thats been brought to the attention of Mr. Fry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Oh good fcuk - that got damn nasty. Me not like :eek:

I think it is showing some of its potential true colours, what it was teasing us with at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Solid conclusion to the Anslo two parter.

Red took a bit too long to answer that question at the end. On the off chance that he is not Lizzie's father, then could it be
    Alan Alda's character
    ?

i'm a fan girl for alan alda. soo i was over the freakin moon to see him in last night's episode. :D:D love the man's acting. he had me in the palm of his hand once again.

that episode was just awesome, brilliant conclusion:D

i'm a fan girl for alan alda. soo i was over the freakin moon to see him in last night's episode. :D:D love the man's acting. he had me in the palm of his hand once again.

that episode was just awesome, brilliant conclusion:D

Yes, and when Mr. Alda is bad, he's really really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Just realised the next episode isn't airing until January 13th. As the yanks would say, "major bummer".

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Alan Alda and James Spader on the screen together was electric. The seemed to be talking complete tosh, but I would have happily listened to it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm wondering will which way they will go with it now. More serious but when you have James Spader and Alan Alda chewing up the screen together like they did. I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It will be interesting to see what happens with Tom, I would imagine Lizzie has some doubts about him after the warning Red gave her about him.

I wonder will they bring back the assassin that he was pictured with but who denied knowing him, she was definately the best looking woman that featured in the series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

This series has improved so much. Glad I stuck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Larkinsghost

Have watched episode 1 and 2. Agree on dip in two. Whos
    the apple man?
    Good to see Spader. He is the spit of a friend of mine! He is a great actor so long as he doesnt ham it up. American shows seem driven by this villain of the week bull but I will stick it out for season 1.

Any good good dramas out there with good depth?

Any good good dramas out there with good depth?

If you mean bring your brain to the party then both Masters of Sex and Boardwalk Empire spring to mind.
    For a laugh and a half at the other end of the spectrum watch Sleepy Hollow - a "drama" hasn't taken itself less seriously in a long time.
    The Good Wife is also one I'd recommend. Can be very funny and deep at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wasn't a fan of this show from the first 2 episodes, but finally got up to speed in the last few days and I'm glad I gave it another go. Very solid show - glad the black guy that works with Red didn't die too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

On episode 3 and I'm getting a serious Alias vibe from this show, reading through the thread a bit and I was right! Dang my intuition! :p
    If Liz starts dressing up in ridiculous sexy outfits, I am out...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't get on Red's bad side...

"The suspense is killing me". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ok, but seriously though... Who was Newton Philips? Are we supposed to have come across him before?

He's been in the background of one or two eps, I only recognised him because he was in Breaking Bad.

It was a little lame to have him come out at the end though because I was so confused trying to remember his place in everything.

Other than that, enjoyable ep. Spader was on fire.

Bring a whole new meaning to tidying up your house. An important lesson about the dangers of cigars as well. Johnny Cash on the soundtrack helped.

seriously seriously seriously loved loved loved this episode. Spader was cool as a cucumber. :D:D freakin awesome

and Alan Alda. :D:D:D happy little fan girl i am

• Advertisement

Signed up to Hulu awhile back and noticed that the Blacklist was on there. Decided to give it another chance as I was bored and it was there. Watched the episode with Justin Kirk as the mad occupy type guy and Andrew Dice Clay as the plastic surgeon and really enjoyed it. For the first time in the series it actually felt like a proper mystery and they didn't just kill off or capture the baddie at the 32 minute mark.

Red is really coming into his own and the backstory is coming along nicely. Going to be giving the show a second chance as I've dropped quite a few and if the standard keeps up I think that The Blacklist could really evolve into something great.

Advertisement