Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Say hello to the the newest member of BEVOC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Just did mine yesterday. I was delighted that I was able to hide the wire ðŸ˜

would interest in both the camera make and how the wire was hidden.

Note to self:
    Am very pleased with the Nissan Connect now that the TCU is fixed..
    Can start heater in the morning without having to have car plugged in and then earlier I gave it a 5kWh day rate top up.
    Plugged it in to granny cable and then started the charge via the app, it overrides the charging timer switch.
    It confirms charge has started and then told me it was finished so its unplugged and good to go in the morning:) Nice!

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I use a DD Pai M6 Plus dashcam.
    Have it routes through the panels to the 12v outlet under the radio.
    Might invest in the hardware kit from Halfords to get rid of the connection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

As per OP!: I believe I am the OP in this thread and the last time I looked I have a Leaf, and now I find out you are not a true believer:D

Anyway, I wish you the best with it.

I was just referring to the idea of new BEVOC! :-)
    Thanks

Thanks re AUX info too, useful to know!

Mope wrote: »
    I was just referring to the idea of new BEVOC! :-)
    Thanks.
    I was pulling your leg....! Case closed!

My leg is now pulled towards driving the car more and more! :D pure enjoyment

• Advertisement

Previous correspondence, here, re the above refers:)

On Page 27 of the current edition of Das National Rules for Electrical Installations, 4th Edition, ET 101: 2008, published by the Electro-Technical Council of Ireland [ETCI] , hereinafter referred to as The Rules, assuming the context so admits, there is a diagram of a TN-C-S system.

It is attached.

What does the M stand for?

This diagram is what I need to get to, because at present, I am missing the piece on the diagram connecting the M to the wire marked N.

The ESB guy who installed the Dual rate meter told me the N end of this piece is done into the meter, so requires them to come out and me to pay 189 euro

The diagram shows otherwise so where is this meter end connection referenced in The Rules, or otherwise
    Thanks

12 d 43242
    152 d 8695
    161 ww 1520
    171 d 22868 mise.

Got the last slot at 09:28

Hehe, I've seen this myself when went for lunch one day to Square. Was a bit shocked tbh, but then just smiled. Well done people who made switch to EV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

12 d 43242
    152 d 8695
    161 ww 1520
    171 d 22868 mise.

Got the last slot at 09:28

Hungry, drained of it's energy reserves and searching for it's next meal, it's at this point Leaf's are at their most vulnerable and must be wary of predators (unscrupulous taxi drivers, combustion vehicles blocking bays).

Gathering at the local watering hole, the etiquette of pack behaviour is all important. As Leafs jostle and manoeuvre for position, wary that anyone displaying selfish or underhanded behaviour will be snubbed by the rest of the group.

Then with full bellies, they will return to the nest, to spend the night resting and recuperating, preparing for the day ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,934 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well said, Sir David :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Previous correspondence, here, re the above refers:)

On Page 27 of the current edition of Das National Rules for Electrical Installations, 4th Edition, ET 101: 2008, published by the Electro-Technical Council of Ireland [ETCI] , hereinafter referred to as The Rules, assuming the context so admits, there is a diagram of a TN-C-S system.

It is attached.

What does the M stand for?

This diagram is what I need to get to, because at present, I am missing the piece on the diagram connecting the M to the wire marked N.

The ESB guy who installed the Dual rate meter told me the N end of this piece is done into the meter, so requires them to come out and me to pay 189 euro

The diagram shows otherwise so where is this meter end connection referenced in The Rules, or otherwise
    Thanks

The current rules require a " neutralising " link , i.e. A connection between the house protective earth and the neutral wire . This is usually done at or near the esb meter.

In some evse installations , installers are doing earth loop impedance testing, and will not install evses where the earth test fails. This is typically the case where the house protective earth is only grounded locally through a earth rod ( which is no longer acceptable )

I don't have the latest etci rules , but I struggle to understand the reason behind installers not so installing evse points onto what was in it's time an acceptable installation

BoatMad wrote: »
    The current rules require a " neutralising " link , i.e. A connection between the house protective earth and the neutral wire . This is usually done at or near the esb meter.

In some evse installations , installers are doing earth loop impedance testing, and will not install evses where the earth test fails. This is typically the case where the house protective earth is only grounded locally through a earth rod ( which is no longer acceptable )

I don't have the latest etci rules , but I struggle to understand the reason behind installers not so installing evse points onto what was in it's time an acceptable installation

That is it in a nutshell, thank you.

Re:
    at or near the esb meter.
    The picture I attached earlier,and include here, shows it done on the consumer side of the meter but not actually up into the meter.
    The ESB bloke who installed the dual meter indicated that it was required up into the meter, at a cost of 189 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

That is it in a nutshell, thank you.

Re:
    at or near the esb meter.
    The picture I attached earlier,and include here, shows it done on the consumer side of the meter but not actually up into the meter.
    The ESB bloke who installed the dual meter indicated that it was required up into the meter, at a cost of 189 euro.

Its usually done at the output of the ESB fuse

27,000 kms
    One one roadside collection.
    Only car snow free car in the estate...
    Service due next week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,146 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Good idea to keep it in the garage (snow free) on these cold days. Ha.

And 25,000 kms in 9 months on the petrol:(

And 25,000 kms in 9 months on the petrol:(

Why do you use the petrol so much?

unkel wrote: »
    Why do you use the petrol so much?

Work footprint:
    based in Nenagh, up to Tullamore is fine, however Roscommon, Galway Dublin, Cahirciveen and Slea Head are out of range and network cannot be relied on when I am making fixed appointments

Kona / Model 3? :)

But seriously, even in a very frugal petrol car, that 33k km per year costs you the guts of €3k in petrol. That plus the extra maintenance, tax, etc. buys a lot of depreciation, I'd say buying a new longer range EV would be cheaper than keeping your older petrol car for those trips

In the meantime, forget about Dublin or Kerry, but could you not at least destination charge in Roscommon and Galway so you could make it there, charge and make it back in your EV?

Kona / Model 3? :)

But seriously, even in a very frugal petrol car, that 33k km per year costs you the guts of €3k in petrol. That plus the extra maintenance, tax, etc. buys a lot of depreciation, I'd say buying a new longer range EV would be cheaper than keeping your older petrol car for those trips

In the meantime, forget about Dublin or Kerry, but could you not at least destination charge in Roscommon and Galway so you could make it there, charge and make it back in your EV?

I am paid by activity so every hour I waste charging during the working day is non recoverable.

• Advertisement

???

Destination charging means hooking your car up, go do your work (and get paid by activity) and when you are done, unhook it and drive home. No need to wait for the charging / no loss of income.

???

Destination charging means hooking your car up, go do your work (and get paid by activity) and when you are done, unhook it and drive home. No need to wait for the charging / no loss of income.
    That assumes the CP is available when I want it, has never been the case when I did the research in all the locations, also some of my clients are out of town

I would ask the customer if I could granny charge all day. I'd offer to deduct the cost from my bill :)

Eeked 200 km out of the L30 yesterday :)
    no wind
    22C
    flat driving in B mode, max speed 85 kms real
    aircon on 16C
    Just me, no luggage/passengers

I have covered over the different things that could ID the site:)
    Have not seen the distribution board yet.

Downside is that meter box needs to be open to use the plug

That's ridiculous. Who installed that? Should be named here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I see there is a piece of the meter box cut at the bottom to allow you run the cable in and close the door. So, it would work fine I'd say.

Technically you are not supposed to put a consumer unit in the meter box but several people have done it on the forum and as long as its neat and profressionally done they seem to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Well year newbie .
    One of the best decisions you'll ever make.

KCross wrote: »
    I see there is a piece of the meter box cut at the bottom to allow you run the cable in and close the door. So, it would work fine I'd say.

Technically you are not supposed to put a consumer unit in the meter box but several people have done it on the forum and as long as its neat and profressionally done they seem to get away with it.

Yes indeed they have, would be good to know if its okay, and not some "grey area" like the elec scooters drama queen discussion:D

• Advertisement

So first frosty morning and having reformatted my phone back to factory settings recently I no longer can heat the car remotely from the phone as all apps were deleted :(

I don't see it in the Appstore.
    Any thoughts..
    I have access from the computer for this morning but not ideal
    Thanks

Advertisement