Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

Czarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

mercury tilt seemed fun until he went full nazi. That was a weird one. Not saying bring him back mind.

Tammy! wrote: »
    I would have to say Lorelli! and JeanL. Lovely posters :)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Does anyone remember that guy who used to go on about his robust BMI all the time.?

I keep an eye out for him in a re incarnated form, but dont think ive seen him thankfully.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah, I remember when you registered your current account. :p

I demand names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Julep.

:P

There are none that come to mind. There's been a few recent account closures but past form tells me some of them will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ahhhh

Investment. An alter ego of a regular poster too

That's the guy!
    Absolute fruit cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Eden Hazard, never knew if the posts were serious or messing but I enjoyed them.

Brummytom, for similar reasons

Forgot all about Brummytom!

enniscorthy & Degsy were 2 others I remember. Different style posters, but very entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

anewme wrote: »
    Does anyone remember that guy who used to go on about his robust BMI all the time.?

I keep an eye out for him in a re incarnated form, but dont think ive seen him thankfully.
    conservatory. He was hilarious but quit when people realised he was funny and stopped being agitated.

• Advertisement

TheMadChef is another one. She got dogs' abuse in The Thunderdome, and she gave it, but moments after you called her all sorts of blue epithets, she'd be PMing you asking if you had a nice weekend or whether you'd like to come to a boards meet-up or something.

On a similar topic, pretty sure I saw Bronte swigging from a bottle of 2019 Merlot on a park bench in Camden recently. The Theatre is a cruel industry, and I expect that "Italian" of hers has his residence visa by now.
    FFred wrote: »
    Whoopsadaisydoodles
    She was so nice it'd make you feel bad for acting the cnut.

Dudess has already been mentioned, she was another sound one. The Minister was an intelligent guy, although I seem to remember he was in the Progressive Democrats, which tarnishes him. Probably a backbench FGer by now, I think he frequented politics.ie also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Forgot all about Brummytom!

enniscorthy & Degsy were 2 others I remember. Different style posters, but very entertaining.

Originally posted by enniscorthy:

HEHEHEHEOHOHOHOHOHEHEHEHE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

RMAOK wrote: »
    If they are, they don't seem to be as belligerent as 'back in the day"...

10 years is a long time although I don't think anyone was truly belligerent.

conservatory. He was hilarious but quit when people realised he was funny and stopped being agitated.

That's the one!!

I'd only have to see his name come up and steam would come out my ears.

very sexist undercurrent to his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, that Frada guy was a real jerk alright. Think he and javaboy were the same guy actually. Sad.

Dudess was a dude (of course).

And the Thunderdome crew were basically a bunch o' lads who were in their thirties in their twenties.

Still, at least you knew where you stood with that lot unlike the modern day snowflakes who close and reopen accounts more often than a Fianna Fáil finance minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Yeah, that Frada guy was a real jerk alright. Think he and javaboy were the same guy actually. Sad.

And the Thunderdome crew were basically a bunch o' lads who were in their thirties in their twenties.

Still, at least you knew where you stood with that lot unlike the modern day snowflakes who close and reopen accounts more often than a Fianna Fáil finance minister.

Imagine some of todays posters in the old dome :pac:

Well, we are all ok once Graham Dwyer does not come back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Was he here? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Pigface. Those longs posts in the third person were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Brummytom posted here over the weekend.

Shout out to Dr Bollocko, almightycushion, slidey, dudess, Keith, javaboy, rabies, chucken, whoopsie, larrianne

• Advertisement

Imagine some of todays posters in the old dome :pac:

Some of them were. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

:confused:
    I'd bring back bucketybuck. I saw he posts regularly on another forum, The Straight Dope but got banned from there as well.

:confused::confused: He's still very much active.

RMAOK wrote: »

Was he here? :eek:

Apparently so. Think he posted on architecture stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

On a similar topic, pretty sure I saw Bronte swigging from a bottle of 2019 Merlot on a park bench in Camden recently.

It can be tough outside of Panto season I hear.

Dude were you ever in a private forum here?

Apologies if I've got the wrong guy, but I'm pretty sure I was in the same private forum as you when you, I and those people you mention were talking about some very personal things and you never once raised an issue with any of the folks you mention. Apologies if I've got the wrong user, he wasn't particularly memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

fullstop wrote: »
    Originally posted by enniscorthy:

HEHEHEHEOHOHOHOHOHEHEHEHE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was him. He brightened up any thread he appeared in.:D

Also, The Citizen. His thing was to throw in the odd post about being some sort of vigelante ridding the streets of 'scum'.

Sounds like he was an oddball, but everyone loved him!

Dude were you ever in a private forum here?

Apologies if I've got the wrong guy, but I'm pretty sure I was in the same private forum as you when you, I and those people you mention were talking about some very personal things and you never once raised an issue with any of the folks you mention. Apologies if I've got the wrong user, he wasn't particularly memorable.

I’m sorry but I don’t remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Some of them were. ;)

I know ;)

I mean the new snowflake ones :D

I mean the new snowflake ones :D

Here comes the new flake, same as the old flake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus after all this reminiscing...
    I'm half tempted to leave just to see if I'll be missed in quote so eloquent a fashion! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement