Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady GaGa

Options
  • 31-01-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

on Tubridy tonight...............

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

good for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

She sexeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 yidkid

she was in that pub in dalkey tonight after, my sisters friend invited to tubridys gaff for a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

does anybody else not think she's just septic. i'd listen to some chart but that's too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

davylee wrote: »
    does anybody else not think she's just septic. i'd listen to some chart but that's too bad

she is despicably bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

who cares.....

....nobody will remember her in a few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I must admit i picked up her album cheap on cd wow and like it - really poppy - she has a good voice

She is suppose to be one of big stars in music for 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

id giv er 1

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

brmccfc wrote: »
    id giv er 1

cha,heard that!!
    catchy oul album though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

can somebody tell me what is up with all these solo female poppy, sort of electro artists happening at the mo? they're all going to be massive in 2009, I'm not really into them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TheKid1987

will she be playing in ireland at any stage??

She is new and unique, i think she is quite good but still not sure what to make of her, whats the general opinion on her by the nation?? seems ppl either love her or hate her, im still undecided!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Just Dance is an extremely infectious ditty... but could be done by Rihanna, The Pussycat Dolls (for whom Lady GaGa apparently wrote some songs), Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani et al. I don't understand this talk of her being kinda underground - just because she has an interest in her city's more leftfield past (Warhol, Blondie etc). 'Tis pure pop - but I suppose with a bit of an edge in a Madonna/Grace Jones kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Just Dance was a very good debut song for her style of music but the most recent release is just completely forgettable in every way, even for the genre...and that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i think the low quality teenie boop music is a shame and shes only half ways attractive ( being famous increases your sexual appeal 10 fold )

will keep the kleenex handy tonight anyways. :pac:

Yeah I heard another song by her a couple of times which is utterly mediocre - presume it's her new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

She's terrible and the production is completely useless.

Nowadays you can just make sounds for hooks.... da da doo doo... come on!!

Yeah, I really like the song but the "doo dada doodoo", "doo doodoo doodoo" bits are pretty woeful.

I think i actually like her lol, she is a weirdo and different.....not in a good or bad way just random, i think she will do well for a couple of years but not many more just for that fact.

Yeah, same goes for that pink song, I'm not a fan but I like her lyrics especially that "Pill" song, then she comes out with that...nah nah nah nah...nah.... it's horrendous.

I heard the rest of the song is good but I just can't get passed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Roisin Murphy's better.

Christmas Tree is a good song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stiofain2005

Have no idea how that Just Dance song got so big? I was sure when i heard it that it was the Rihanna song - Disturbia which was out not long before it and used to be on in clubs a lot. It is ridiculously similar to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

her new track Poker Face is ace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

she is one fugly young one. Complete head wrecker. She wont be heard of in a month or two thank fook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

JP Liz wrote: »
    her new track Poker Face is ace

Please say you are joking? That song makes me ****ing nauseous its that bad. She's already one of those people you pray will disapear as fast as they show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

TheKid1987 wrote: »
    She is new and unique, i think she is quite good but still not sure what to make of her, whats the general opinion on her by the nation?? seems ppl either love her or hate her, im still undecided!:confused:

/snigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I would do horrible, horrible things to that woman. And not in the Chris Brown way either.

TheKid1987 wrote: »
    she is a weirdo and different
    Her sound isn't at all, and she's raunchy - maybe in a more "empowered", Madonna-type way - but at the end of the day, it's still just clothing removal, which plenty of other female acts engage in. She works with Akon FFS.
    Roisin Murphy's better.
    Lady GaGa appears to be trying to nail that type of thing - or else it's just the press selling her that way. I really just thought she was another Pussycat Dolls type act when I saw her first, having heard all this media talk of "dark, cutting-edge electro" etc. Maybe she is though but also writes more commercial songs to make money. Nothing wrong with that.
    Have no idea how that Just Dance song got so big? I was sure when i heard it that it was the Rihanna song - Disturbia which was out not long before it and used to be on in clubs a lot. It is ridiculously similar to it.
    And that's the reason why it got so big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

cos she had akon behind her

• Advertisement

Roisin Murphy would stop making music if she read this. There is no comparison. It's depressing that her name was even mentioned in this thread. She is the essence of unique - if "sing it back" is the only song you know then please don't go there!!

Lady gag her is not unique in anyway, if anything she is starting off where Cristina Ag stopped with the "Dirty" thing.

She walks around looking like black clonakilty - so is there for unique and cutting edge.

As for Ako... no I can't be bothered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement