Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

Is it really hard to understand how endorsements work?

Famous sportsperson is paid large sums of money to promote/endorse product/brand because they are famous sportsperson

Global media company then makes list of earnings of famous sportspeople. One sportsperson will have earned more money than the other sportspeople. This puts them on top of the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

cletus wrote: »
    Is it really hard to understand how endorsements work?

Famous sportsperson is paid large sums of money to promote/endorse product/brand because they are famous sportsperson

Global media company then makes list of earnings of famous sportspeople. One sportsperson will have earned more money than the other sportspeople. This puts them on top of the list

No it isn't, it shows how it's a list of businessmen who do(have done?) some sport.

Will Jake Paul be on the list next year if he earns enough? He's had pro boxing fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

Ush1 wrote: »
    No it isn't, it shows how it's a list of businessmen who do(have done?) some sport.

Will Jake Paul be on the list next year if he earns enough? He's had pro boxing fights.

The Forbes list is "Highest Paid Athletes". There's no stipulation about where the pay has to come from. Professional sportspeople are business people too. Sport is literally their business, but like every other sensible business person, they diversify in order to earn as much income as possible. Why are you being so obtuse about this?

Technically, Jake Paul is now a professional boxer, i.e. he was paid to box

I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Probably wise as you're having trouble understanding how the Forbes list works.

The thoughts of either of the Paul brothers being on it as "athletes" is depressing.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Probably wise as you're having trouble understanding how the Forbes list works.

The thoughts of either of the Paul brothers being on it as "athletes" is depressing.

Sigh. No I'm not having trouble.

Your second paragraph was exactly the point...

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Logan Pauls effort exposed McGregors gas tank there yesterday by going 8 rounds handy with Mayweather, a youtuber with better boxing cardio than the champ champ gotta say how embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Logan Pauls effort exposed McGregors gas tank there yesterday by going 8 rounds handy with Mayweather, a youtuber with better boxing cardio than the champ champ gotta say how embarrassing

not the fact he was 2.5 stone heavier and could absorb more , or mayweather is 4 years older ? or the fact that logan paul just hung out of mayweather

that said , to not be ko'd in only 2nd fight he did ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

They had a fight?
    I was under the impression it was an exhibition match. i.e a glorified sparring session.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

8 rounds where you could literally count on your fingers the number of connected punches as opposed to 10 in a 'competitive' bout

• Advertisement

I don't necessarily agree but I do think it will stick in McGregors craw.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/boxing/logan-paul-conor-mcgregors-performances-24266688

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Logan Pauls effort exposed McGregors gas tank there yesterday by going 8 rounds handy with Mayweather,

8 rounds handy?

he was out on his feet after 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Cyrus wrote: »
    8 rounds handy?

he was out on his feet after 2

And held Floyd 98 times in total

So, not only are we not talking about MMA, we're also not talking about Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Handy?

Mayweather nearly broke his back trying to hold him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

How many stone of lean muscle has McGregor put on for this fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How many stone of lean muscle has McGregor put on for this fight?

Not a lot and not even near a stone. Without steroids there is a scientific limit to how much lean mass a human can put on during a certain period.

Not a lot and not even near a stone. Without steroids there is a scientific limit to how much lean mass a human can put on during a certain period.
    It was sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭clsmooth

It was sarcasm.

Good one.

Yeah, top class bants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was sarcasm.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Has Mcgregor dropped Lockhart and gone for Tristan Kennedy as his nutritionist now? or do you think Lockhart dropped Mcgregor (as he is working with Fury and can't do both)

fitzparker wrote: »
    Has Mcgregor dropped Lockhart and gone for Tristan Kennedy as his nutritionist now? or do you think Lockhart dropped Mcgregor (as he is working with Fury and can't do both)
    Tristan has been his nutritionist for a few years now. He’s affiliated to Lockhart.

I think he certified in Lockhart’s “system” and joined the team. Then shortly after became an affiliate as “Lockhart and Leith Ireland”, and took charge of the fighters based on Ireland.

Yeah, top class bants.
    Wasn't that good, but thanks!

Wasn't that good, but thanks!

I'm still trying to figure it out.
    Was there posts deleted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Hint of Sarcasm

Ush1 wrote: »
    I don't necessarily agree but I do think it will stick in McGregors craw.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/boxing/logan-paul-conor-mcgregors-performances-24266688

The first sentence in that article doesn't even read right!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The first sentence in that article doesn't even read right!

wow that melted my head

"Let's start with a disclaimer; we know Floyd Mayweather wasn't really trying against either Conor McGregor or Floyd Mayweather."

Stopped reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mellor wrote: »
    Tristan has been his nutritionist for a few years now. He’s affiliated to Lockhart.

I think he certified in Lockhart’s “system” and joined the team. Then shortly after became an affiliate as “Lockhart and Leith Ireland”, and took charge of the fighters based on Ireland.

And charges a small fortune too but seems to get results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

And charges a small fortune too but seems to get results.

How much?

Advertisement