Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 261 - Apr 24th - 3 Title Fights

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I do think the ref could've given Zhang another 2 seconds. "Show me something". He started to jump in after one punch on the mat. Rose still would've won mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Nal wrote:
    I do think the ref could've given Zhang another 2 seconds. "Show me something". He started to jump in after one punch on the mat. Rose still would've won mind you.
    Well I think he was right to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Nal wrote: »
    Another 2 seconds to absorb a few more unanswered punches? Stoppage was good.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Another 2 seconds to absorb a few more unanswered punches? Stoppage was good.

Probably was yeah. Just think the champ gets that extra second. Very similar to Lennox Lewis vs McCall if you remember. Was clearly out but woke up as soon as the ref waved it off.

Actually think Zhang wasn't stumbling about after either due to being KO'd but because she landed very awkwardly on her leg when she hit the deck.

Why would you give someone who was just knocked out an extra second to take more damage, champion or not?

• Advertisement

Why would you give someone who was just knocked out an extra second to take more damage, champion or not?

Slim chance they may recover. Again, probably the right call but maybe one punch too early.

It was a knockout, not a knockdown. The fight was done.

It was a knockout, not a knockdown. The fight was done.

Some slap off her jaw alright. Looking forward to the rematch. Assume there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

eagle eye wrote: »
    I never claimed she was defending herself at any stage.
    And I never said you did.
    I was pretty clear that other poster said it. I pointed out she wasn’t defending. And then you jumped in with the “overblowing it, maybe 1 punch” post.
    Which clearly wasn’t accurate.
    Fact is as soon as she went down she immediately came back up. You say the way she went down is a telltale sign but it's not definitive.
    It’s pretty massive sign. Is it possible she could slipped? Unlikely tbh. But even if she did, she’d have been alert when she went down.
    She wasn’t. Instead she sat up dazed, no defence, staring into the distance. Which is another telltale KO sign.
    Only difference between out thoughts is whether Zhang was knocked out or not. You say she was and I say it doesn't look like it to me.
    I know that’s that’s what you saying now.
    But you were clearly disagreeing with more to start with. Questioning the number of hammer fists. She was good to continue etc.

Anyway, we’re not going to agree. And it’s not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The Nal wrote: »
    Probably was yeah. Just think the champ gets that extra second.

C'mon man.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mma_noobie

Masvidal has taken the loss very well.

Surprised by Usman - what a beast. Shame he lets his manager run his twitter account as seems like a nice guy in interviews and what a fighter

Advertisement