Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Have some free time so was gonna buy the game. Usually just play campaign but may give online a shot. How exactly does buying the battle pass help?

If I was playing online I’d prob need any help I could get but what does battle pass edition actually do? I heard you can skip levels (don’t know what that means), id rather start at a lower level if that’s newer players not used to playing?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have some free time so was gonna buy the game. Usually just play campaign but may give online a shot. How exactly does buying the battle pass help?

If I was playing online I’d prob need any help I could get but what does battle pass edition actually do? I heard you can skip levels (don’t know what that means), id rather start at a lower level if that’s newer players not used to playing?!

Battlepass is only cosmetic items and prebuilt guns. Skipping levels refers to skipping Battlepass tiers.

There is skill based matchmaking so you'll be put into marches with people around your skill level.

Before buying you could download Warzone for free and see how the game feels to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well there's something I didn't know. The ammo attachments (for the Model 680 anyway) have challenges. So the first 2 are unlocked via normal progression, but there are 4 more ammo types locked behind further challenges, ie: get 20 kills while prone and defending an objective. Didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Great craic having to download all 177GB or so again yesterday due to the update **** up.

Especially with the download giving an error and stopping every 10 minutes. Had to babysit it for most the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭circadian

If anyone on Pc is having update issues change the region to US and it'll download, albeit slower than you might be used to.

circadian wrote: »
    If anyone on Pc is having update issues change the region to US and it'll download, albeit slower than you might be used to.

Kept having to do that too. Switch between EU & US.

Noticed a big drop in speeds during the usual 5-11PM "rush hour".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

PC should never be allowed play with console players

https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/1244050382612905985?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭circadian

Huh, I haven't seen any hacks in ages. It was rare enough but an aimbot was from a console player months ago.

Will keep an eye out for this, I'm sure free to play has increased demand for hacks.

Mr.S wrote: »
    How do you turn off cross play on Xbox?

On PS4 it asks you to enable crossplay twice before entering a lobby I select no and then it drops me into a PS4 only lobby, I am not sure you have that option on Xbox, if not Infinity Ward need to enable it

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hmm no, on Xbox you just get placed into the lobby. Unless i'm blind, but there's nothing that pops up.

There's a setting in the options to enable crossplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's a setting in the options to enable crossplay.

Id i disable cross play on xbox i csnt access warzone at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Never noticed any hacks but then I get minced on the regular!

Really has been, dare I say it, the best COD I've played since MW2. Takes a lot for me to rank it better than BO2. The combination of a comprehensive Multilayer with Ground War actually comparable to Battlefield's Conquest mode and Warzone being great is fantastic.

Infinity Ward sure got their timeline right having this game taking off when the gaming world is isolated at home.

Seems that you just can't disable crossplay for Warzone on Xbox. That sucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anyone finding games really laggy tonight? Went in to view network during game and ping is around 100ms with 5-7% packet loss.

Normally my ping is about 30-40 fairly constitently with 0% packet loss.

Nothing unusual happening on my local network. May just restart everything to be sure but the game is unplayable.

heroics wrote: »
    Anyone finding games really laggy tonight? Went in to view network during game and ping is around 100ms with 5-7% packet loss.

Normally my ping is about 30-40 fairly constitently with 0% packet loss.

Nothing unusual happening on my local network. May just restart everything to be sure but the game is unplayable.

Got massive latency spikes when respawning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm planning on playing Warzone tomorrow (or later) with the missus. I have never properly played any Battle Royale. The closest I got was Apex Legends, and I left the game almost as quick as I joined it. It just felt too overwhelming.

I never jumped on the BR bandwagon when it properly took off with PUBG and Fortnite, so I never really cared for it, but since I recently got a decent internet connection I was encouraged to start playing online games again, and this might as well be one of them to get into, seeing as I have more free time with this thing going on in the world.

Any tips I should know before going into it?

(P.S. watching tutorial videos isn't any good to me. My attention span is too low for that kind of thing. I'd rather read the advice... sorry lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Do contracts. Eyeglass (Scavanger) one for money and flag (recon) ones early on are hugely beneficial The latter will pinpoint where the circle is going and the scavanger is great for loot and money.The bounty ones are tricky particularly if you're a duo.
    If you can get a third it makes it a LOT easier.
    Make a loadout, this is your first priority, get your loadout asap in game.
    Have a heartbeat sensor in your loudout, this is a must.
    Ghost is very useful because EVERYONE has a heartbeat sensor. Some of the others are useful EOD, Double time, Amped, the tracker one. I like shrapnel but I've always been the claymore guy. These are useful as early warnings but rarely get kills on their own.
    Get armour as soon as you get in and try and max out how much you are carrying.
    When you're in the gulag through a stun asap. It doesn't matter where. :)
    Turn cross play off if on PS, in the options.
    Change your mini map from circle to square in the options.
    Get in a truck - the hitboxes are ENORMOUS.

I'm horrible at these and having massive fun with it.

Yesterday got near the end, my team dead and watching me. Got in a house killed a guy, his mate got me. As he was teabagging my body I self revived and murdered him. Happy times. We finished in the top ten maybe 70-80% of the time with crossplay tuned on - 3rd and 4th a few times. Surprisingly a lot of times because of me. The two lads are pretty good though.

if you're playing solos the tip seems to be get a shotgun, find house, ADS at door/stair entrance and wait for gimli to come stomping in

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244598315813081088?s=19

If anyone is interested in the MW2 Campaign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244598315813081088?s=19

If anyone is interested in the MW2 Campaign

Is it just me or is this kind of pointless given the rebooted story in MW 2019?

Campaign is pretty good but not at the price they'll want to sell it to you for. Hope they launch a MP, at some point, old maps only, no shipment (although I like shipment)

They should take gunrunner out of cabin fever. Plays like a big map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

They should take gunrunner out of cabin fever. Plays like a big map.

Neither is hackney yard, but in fairness, theyre probably 2 of the best maps in the game and closer to what we've come to expect from the last 6 years of COD. Imo, it's a roundabout way of making it so you don't have to play arklov or picadilly

Or Azhir cave/Euphrates Bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Giving warzone up until they fix the sound. The worst sound I've seen in an fps game ever. It's like everyone has dead silence on permanently.

• Advertisement

I can hear them all right but can't pinpoint from where. I assume that's something wrong with me. I'll hear loud footsteps and think this is the sound of my impending doom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I can hear them sometimes. Too many times have I had 1 guy or a whole squad sprint at my position and not hearing them until they are already shooting at me from 5 meters. It's not dead silence either. The games sound is just terribly designed and balanced.

Also gunfights can sound close but are a whole town away. It's very hard to pinpoint sound. There's other sound issues like a sound triggering at a certain point left or right will continue playing at that point even if you turn your characters head.

Difficulty locating sound above or below. There's no effects applied to distant or different floor sounds that would help identify their distance or location. Only volume.

3d positional audio is non existent and footsteps often make no sound.

Playing on PC so maybe it's not an issue on console but I'm not the only 1. All the big streamers also calling out the bad sound.

Back to apex until they fix this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nah the audios complete dirt on console too

Tis fine on MP on console anyway. Actually look forward to when people go to bed, I get to use my headphones and I immediately become better because I can hear around me. But I don't play Warzone so...

Rumours are that MW2 remastered is stand alone and the maps will be put into rotation in MW 2019. This would be the best move, stupid to split up the playerbase.

Now if they'd just hurry up with the last lot of triple 2xp to help me finish the battle pass, that'd be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Are the PlayStation servers down?

Got kicked off a game of infected and cannot log onto psn

Broadband fine,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

evosteo wrote: »
    Are the PlayStation servers down?

Got kicked off a game of infected and cannot log onto psn

Broadband fine,

Started to play up on me about an hour ago so I took it as a sign to get off the PlayStation

10 battlepass tier skips available for all players in the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Only for people that own season 2 battlepass

Challenges weren't tracking for me this evening.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Challenges weren't tracking for me this evening.

Same not tracking for me either.

Also flotation oxidation is just rust I’m convinced of it. Played for an hour and didn’t get shipment once

Same not tracking for me either.

Also flotation oxidation is just rust I’m convinced of it. Played for an hour and didn’t get shipment once

I played three games on that before being kicked and all were on shipment. There's a queue to log in on PC now of 539 minutes so I think I won't be playing anymore tonight :pac:

Just loaded the game on PC and got straight in no waiting.

Where?

Where?

Only if you purchased the season 2 battle pass, it's in the store. Nice and handy, and with triple 2xp this weekend, I should get it finished in time. Yurt!

What really annoys me is in the warm up I go mental turning on people, long shots all over the map, 4 kills with the cross bow, headshots jumping of buildings then the game starts I land and get two tapped in the head by a pistol and end up first in the gulag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Warzone is great, got my third win last night :) What are the main advantages to buying the battlepass?

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Warzone is great, got my third win last night :) What are the main advantages to buying the battlepass?

Extra cosmetic items, weapon blueprints, double xp tokens, 10% xp bonus (for this season) and free CoD points, enough to purchase the next battle pass if you complete it. That's it.

Are the challenges not tracking again on PC?

Tried plunder tonight with 2 mates and it was good craic. Then went for flotation oxidation again and 8 games in a row f**king rust. How do people like that map.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Heaps of cosmetics, but you may as well wait till next week as it resets on Tuesday.

With the triple 2XP and the 10 tiers, I no longer need to worry. Only got a couple of hours on it last night but went up 4 ranks in the BP, only 8 to go. Must be a sign of either how little people have progressed, or how close a lot of people are. Unusual move for the 10 tiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Five months in I've made my mind up about the hardest/most frustrating part of this game. It's trying to go down ladders.

Five months in I've made my mind up about the hardest/most frustrating part of this game. It's trying to go down ladders.

People go down ladders?!

There's one in the fire station that wiped out my whole squad. Lethal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mrdata.

Not really played cod since mw/blackout on 360. Enjoying warzone. Decent depth to it and a nice break from apex legends. Only get to play 2/3 hours 3/4 days a week anymore if lucky. Is therr anywhere to find squads/regiments? So sick of randoms with zero voice communication.

Advertisement