Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Manion wrote: »
    Vodafone have a guy on site to deal with connecting people. Eir are the worst to deal with. There is very little in the different between the prices. The service is exactly the same regardless of the supplier you go with.

Thanks Mannion - that's handy that he's on site. Vodafone it is so. Do you know how I can contact him?

Were you able to get TV before broadband? Given that Camden is completely new and away from the other phases I suspect there'll be delays getting hooked up to the cabinet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Forumsie wrote: »
    Thanks Mannion - that's handy that he's on site. Vodafone it is so. Do you know how I can contact him?

Were you able to get TV before broadband? Given that Camden is completely new and away from the other phases I suspect there'll be delays getting hooked up to the cabinet

I'd like contact info for this guy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

The contact details where in the the welcome pack. Essentially vodafone won the contract to provide broadband. In terms of Camden, you're right up against the original development. There are two fibre cabinets already in place on that side, so I'd say your experience will be the same. Getting connected is a matter of an engineer just connecting the house back to the cabinet.

I've no TV connection in the house. I think there is a Sky forum on boards. Might be best to ask if the box does the "phone home" thing still.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dazamataz

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting the back garden done in a Heron.
    Does anyone had any recommendations on who they went with or prices?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi,

I have bought in phase 1 of Rathborne Park and was wondering if anyone here who has obviously been through the same process with RCP could tell me at what stage you contacted the foreman for any changes you wished to make and how you got hold of their contact details?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Michael

dazamataz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting the back garden done in a Heron.
    Does anyone had any recommendations on who they went with or prices?

Thanks

Are you mid terrace? I haven't done it but I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the subject. My garden is on bridge avenue so the size is quite small so I wouldn't be doing much fancy or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

cronos wrote: »
    Are you mid terrace? I haven't done it but I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the subject. My garden is on bridge avenue so the size is quite small so I wouldn't be doing much fancy or anything.

Going to do most of it myself over the summer, nice project and reason to be outside.

Im mid terrace also. Everything needs to fit through the front door unless you have a friendly end of terrace neighbor. Getting soil and gravel in bags so its easy to bring through the house.

Currently leveling off some ground for a shed and will use the waste topsoil for some raised flowerbeds around the edge.
    The top soil is surprisingly good, nice, but go down any depth and there's a bit of builders rubble.

Its not a massive garden so keeping it simple is really the best way to make use of the space.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Going to do most of it myself over the summer, nice project and reason to be outside.

Im mid terrace also. Everything needs to fit through the front door unless you have a friendly end of terrace neighbor. Getting soil and gravel in bags so its easy to bring through the house.

Currently leveling off some ground for a shed and will use the waste topsoil for some raised flowerbeds around the edge.
    The top soil is surprisingly good, nice, but go down any depth and there's a bit of builders rubble.

Its not a massive garden so keeping it simple is really the best way to make use of the space.

Cool. Sure perhaps post some pictures as your going through the job and how long it takes. I'd be interested to get an idea of the scale. :)

Cool. Sure perhaps post some pictures as your going through the job and how long it takes. I'd be interested to get an idea of the scale. :)

sure thing, not much to it yet, just an 8x10 square with topsoil removed.
    Will level this with gravel and slabs for the shed to sit on. Soil will probably go around the edge for bedding. After that i have to decide if the current grass is any good or needs to be replaced.

39836653180_2997db5990_c.jpg

I did see landscapers at one of the houses along the canal, if they are watching the thread maybe they could share what they're ideas are also!

Yeah, I am mid terrace.
    I got a quote from the guys doing work on Royal Canal Ave but the price seems a bit high for what I wanted.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I am mid terrace.
    I got a quote from the guys doing work on Royal Canal Ave but the price seems a bit high for what I wanted.

Can you PM me the price and what you had asked for. Just curious really. If it's too high I'll just leave it. But it's good to know.

mikehene wrote: »
    Hi,

I have bought in phase 1 of Rathborne Park and was wondering if anyone here who has obviously been through the same process with RCP could tell me at what stage you contacted the foreman for any changes you wished to make and how you got hold of their contact details?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Michael I contacted the site manager as soon as I signed contracts and he told me they were no longer allowing any changes as it slows up the project. Try your luck in Rathborne but I suspect it's probably a similar story. To get the contact details of the site mgr, ring/email they developer, they should have a website with contact details

Can you PM me the price and what you had asked for. Just curious really. If it's too high I'll just leave it. But it's good to know.

Dazmataz would you mind sharing your quote with me also please?

I'm straight out of the Ideal Homes Show - saw some nice things there. If I had my way I'd love fake grass (other half is completely against this so that's not going to happen in the short term anyway) and a metal shed and a resin bound patio or even indented concrete so the weeds won't grow up through it. Low maintenance is key! I have a small garden mid terrace but don't have a clue what that would cost. Anyway it's more of a 2019 plan currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Yeah, I am mid terrace.

Would like to see the quote and what you asked for too please

Dazmataz would you mind sharing your quote with me also please?

I'm straight out of the Ideal Homes Show - saw some nice things there. If I had my way I'd love fake grass (other half is completely against this so that's not going to happen in the short term anyway) and a metal shed and a resin bound patio or even indented concrete so the weeds won't grow up through it. Low maintenance is key! I have a small garden mid terrace but don't have a clue what that would cost. Anyway it's more of a 2019 plan currently

Sounds exactly the same as what I would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Michael I contacted the site manager as soon as I signed contracts and he told me they were no longer allowing any changes as it slows up the project. Try your luck in Rathborne but I suspect it's probably a similar story. To get the contact details of the site mgr, ring/email they developer, they should have a website with contact details

Thanks Forumsie, I received a similar response for Rathborne. I'll try contacting Castlethorn. Cheers

FYI - regarding door & window paint color codes:

The colour for the door is pebble grey the ral code is 7032.
    The colour for the windows are chalk the ral code is 9001.

Info provided by Munster.
    If anyone finds paint of these exact colors please update the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 amiurve

Hello everyone,

Is there a hard water supply issue in Royal Canal Park houses? Do we require to install water softener? If yes, any recommendations would be helpful.

Many Thanks

amiurve wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Is there a hard water supply issue in Royal Canal Park houses? Do we require to install water softener? If yes, any recommendations would be helpful.

Many Thanks

I cant recommend any as I don't have one yet but I was looking at them at the ideal homes show at the weekend. They cost around 1600 euro to install and tye yearly run cost (salt blocks) is around 60 euro. I'm definitely considering getting one as Dublin 15 is a hard water area generally but they are very expensive so we'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Regarding hard water, incase anyone is interested... I just did a carbonate hardness test on my supply on Royal Canal Avenue (I have various water testing kits for beer brewing!).

Its coming in at about 202 ppm which sits it in the hard to very hard category.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Would like to see the quote and what you asked for too please

I was quoted €750 to remove whats there, add a tone of top soil and lay turf, about 40sqm. Same contractor quoted me €3000 for articfical grass.

I cant recommend any as I don't have one yet but I was looking at them at the ideal homes show at the weekend. They cost around 1600 euro to install and tye yearly run cost (salt blocks) is around 60 euro. I'm definitely considering getting one as Dublin 15 is a hard water area generally but they are very expensive so we'll see

I got a water softener installed, think it was about €950 and they threw in 6 bags of salt, I got a reverse osmosis filter fitted at the same time for drinking water with a little tap at the sink, total cost was €1225 for both. I can see the difference straight away with the water softener, previously there was lot's of residue on taps, glass in the showers etc. I'm sure it would destroy appliances fairly quickly too. For the drinking water there is a massive difference with the water straight from the tap which actually has a taste, the filtered water is like bottled water, the filters for that need to be changed once a year, costs about €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Keithchap wrote: »
    I was quoted €750 to remove whats there, add a tone of top soil and lay turf, about 40sqm. Same contractor quoted me €3000 for articfical grass.
    Don't know whether you did a calculation yet, but from what I found, a ton of top soil is about 0.67 cubic meters by volume. For a 40 sqm garden, that's a depth of 1.68cm. I'm no landscaper, so it may be enough, but in the parts of my garden where I removed the existing grass with roots and the top layer of clay, it was certainly more than 2 cm.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Don't know whether you did a calculation yet, but from what I found, a ton of top soil is about 0.67 cubic meters by volume. For a 40 sqm garden, that's a depth of 1.68cm. I'm no landscaper, so it may be enough, but in the parts of my garden where I removed the existing grass with roots and the top layer of clay, it was certainly more than 2 cm.

Yeh thanks I was thinking that too but the landscaper was quoting me an extra 300 per ton to lift and replace with top soil. The turf itself will add a little over a cm also. Hmmm, maybe it needs to be more...

Thanks for the response. Thats true. Has anyone tried speaking with Ballymore on this?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response. Thats true. Has anyone tried speaking with Ballymore on this?

I doubt this would be on their list, it's an issue all over north Dublin and Meath. Speaking of Ballymore though, has anyone got an update or a vague idea of when the Camden phase will be ready for snagging. We were initially told Sept/Oct by Sherry Fitz but then heard June/July indirectly from a friend of a friend who knows someone working on site. We visited recently and saw the houses are flying up but we can't get through to the site office for an update. We're not looking for a date set in stone but just an idea would be useful

There is Rathborne development coming around Camden area, maybe those are Rathborne development, although can see structure for few Helen's 4/5bhk are already up. Dropped an email to Sherry but haven't heard anything yet.

There is Rathborne development coming around Camden area, maybe those are Rathborne development, although can see structure for few Helen's 4/5bhk are already up. Dropped an email to Sherry but haven't heard anything yet.

Yeah I wouldn't bother emailing Sherry, once the contracts are signed theyre out of it really, it's just between the solicitors. I'd just like a heads up in advance so they don't just ring out of the blue one day and say the house is ready and then it's a mad rush to get the snagging/valuation/insurance etc done. I also want to arrange to have the flooring and blind companies come in during snagging to measure up

Did those of you from previous phases get much notice about when they'd be ready for snagging?

Thanks

Yeah I wouldn't bother emailing Sherry, once the contracts are signed theyre out of it really, it's just between the solicitors. I'd just like a heads up in advance so they don't just ring out of the blue one day and say the house is ready and then it's a mad rush to get the snagging/valuation/insurance etc done. I also want to arrange to have the flooring and blind companies come in during snagging to measure up

Did those of you from previous phases get much notice about when they'd be ready for snagging?

Thanks

When you get to the "roofing stage", i.e. when the tiles go on the roof you'll get a letter to you solicitor saying you need to go unconditional on the contract. I think the snag date should be about 3 months after that. I see some of the roofs are on already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Can anybody PM me the number of Tom from Ballymore please?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Does anyone know if we are allowed to change the plants out the front of the house ourselves?
    The showhouse had lots of shrubs and plants which I thought we would get.
    Mine are all the same and most are dead!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hi,

Does anyone know if we are allowed to change the plants out the front of the house ourselves?

Thanks

They are maintained by management company. You could mail them to contact landscape maintenance to replace them.

Hi,

Thanks

They are maintained by management company. You could mail them to contact landscape maintenance to replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Can anybody PM me the number of Tom from Ballymore please?

ITT-Pat has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Has anybody changed their kitchen taps? Ours is leaking so I was going to get a new one. I can see where to shut off the cold water but I’ve no clue about the hot. Any ideas?

nordstrom wrote: »
    Has anybody changed their kitchen taps? Ours is leaking so I was going to get a new one. I can see where to shut off the cold water but I’ve no clue about the hot. Any ideas?

I believe it's the tap on the pipe coming out at the top/roof of the cylinder.

The following brochure would back this up.

https://www.joule.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Joule-IE-Cylone-Brochure.pdf

But I could be wrong.

The cylinder is actually two tanks on top of each other.
    The bottom tank is a buffer of heat for the radiators so the heatpump doesn't need to run constantly.
    The upper tank is the domestic hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Yep I think you’re right. I haven’t tried it yet but the pipe coming out the top was hot when I turned on the tap. Should have worked that out myself... thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

slayerking wrote: »
    Regarding hard water, incase anyone is interested... I just did a carbonate hardness test on my supply on Royal Canal Avenue (I have various water testing kits for beer brewing!).

Its coming in at about 202 ppm which sits it in the hard to very hard category.

Has anyone installed a water softner ? If so did it rectify the issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dermot mc

I got a water softener installed, think it was about €950 and they threw in 6 bags of salt, I got a reverse osmosis filter fitted at the same time for drinking water with a little tap at the sink, total cost was €1225 for both. I can see the difference straight away with the water softener, previously there was lot's of residue on taps, glass in the showers etc. I'm sure it would destroy appliances fairly quickly too. For the drinking water there is a massive difference with the water straight from the tap which actually has a taste, the filtered water is like bottled water, the filters for that need to be changed once a year, costs about €80.

Hi Keithchap, what company did you use for your water softener and reverse osmosis installation? I bought a house in the new Rathborne Park phase 1 and will be looking to get quotes etc in July specifically for these two items.
    Did the RO unit come with a re-mineralisation cartridge also?

Dermot mc wrote: »
    I got a water softener installed, think it was about €950 and they threw in 6 bags of salt, I got a reverse osmosis filter fitted at the same time for drinking water with a little tap at the sink, total cost was €1225 for both. I can see the difference straight away with the water softener, previously there was lot's of residue on taps, glass in the showers etc. I'm sure it would destroy appliances fairly quickly too. For the drinking water there is  a massive difference with the water straight from the tap which actually has a taste, the filtered water is like bottled water, the filters for that need to be changed once a year, costs about €80.

Hi Keithchap, what company did you use for your water softener and reverse osmosis installation? I bought a house in the new Rathborne Park phase 1 and will be looking to get quotes etc in July specifically for these two items.
    Did the RO unit come with a re-mineralisation cartridge also?
    pm sent

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the if there are any plans for the empty office blocks on the Ratoath road, near Romayo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

pm sent

I’d be interested in this also! Btw, where did you get the softener installed?

jjps wrote: »

The softener is installed in the utility room, between the mains and the boiler so the only water that isn't softened by it is the mains where in enters the kitchen. The water filter is off the mains at the kitchen sink so it isn't softened.

I would also be interested in this info.

Yeh thanks I was thinking that too but the landscaper was quoting me an extra 300 per ton to lift and replace with top soil. The turf itself will add a little over a cm also. Hmmm, maybe it needs to be more...

They took out about 3 cm so all good. Garden was lowered a tiny bit but in needed that. I have about 2/3 sqm of turf left if anyone wants it.

The softener is installed in the utility room, between the mains and the boiler so the only water that isn't softened by it is the mains where in enters the kitchen. The water filter is off the mains at the kitchen sink so it isn't softened.

If you are getting a softener be careful, there are ones that clean themselves on a fixed schedule and otheres that know when to clean themselves only as needed. The latter are more efficient and hence are a little more expensive.

Hi guys,

Did anybody get a WIRED alarmed installed? If so could you please PM me the company and cost? All the alarm companies I encountered at the Ideal Home show were for wireless alarms but since the houses are prewired for an alarm I figure they must be better? Appreciate any views. Thanks

Hi guys,

Did anybody get a WIRED alarmed installed? If so could you please PM me the company and cost? All the alarm companies I encountered at the Ideal Home show were for wireless alarms but since the houses are prewired for an alarm I figure they must be better? Appreciate any views. Thanks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Elektroduende

PM sent

Interested in this info as well, could you send it on? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Interested in this info as well, could you send it on? Thanks!

PM sent

Advertisement