Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Congrats to all with the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sheepsleep

Still waiting to hear from Fieldfisher. Anyone hear from DE today? Hoping they pull the trigger sooner rather than later feels like I’ve been waiting an age

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Anyone interview with A&L yesterday or this morning? How did it go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Hogan Lovells setting up offices in Dublin: https://www.legalcheek.com/2021/03/hogan-lovells-opens-dublin-office/

This is pretty exciting. Lots of international law firms are recently setting up in Ireland and hopefully plenty of TC opportunities in the future as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent345

sheepsleep wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear from Fieldfisher. Anyone hear from DE today? Hoping they pull the trigger sooner rather than later feels like I’ve been waiting an age

No still no word from DE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Anyone hear anything from Lavelles or Mullany Walsh Maxwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

OMGWACA wrote: »

Only applied to Lavelles and nope I did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

None from both. I didn't get confirmation as well that they received my email

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

I get nervous when I dont hear anything, especially with so few firms even sending PFOs!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

law987 wrote: »
    Anyone interview with A&L yesterday or this morning? How did it go!

Interviewed with them yesterday, they were really nice but not sure how it went if I’m honest

• Advertisement

I get nervous when I dont hear anything, especially with so few firms even sending PFOs!

Same! But I also think it’s rare for medium/small firms to send acknowledgment emails. Doesn’t make things better but from what I heard it’s quite standard

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

SKLaw wrote: »
    Same! But I also think it’s rare for medium/small firms to send acknowledgment emails. Doesn’t make things better but from what I heard it’s quite standard

Yes I noticed that they used one of their standard email addresses for the applications so they couldn't really set up an automatic reply from it. If anyone hears anything, please let us know!

Yes I noticed that they used one of their standard email addresses for the applications so they couldn't really set up an automatic reply from it. If anyone hears anything, please let us know!

Yes, please let us know! Hopefully, we'll hear something this week or next week. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roofus22

Fedone wrote: »
    Interviewed with them yesterday, they were really nice but not sure how it went if I’m honest

Did they ask you anything very specific ??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

roofus22 wrote: »
    Did they ask you anything very specific ??

Nothing majorly specific, know what’s going on in the news at the minute and it’s implications on a firm like A&L, apart from that it was very conversational mostly about work experience and personal interests, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adfcfc100

Rejections out for Dillon Eustace Interviews - Apparently they only took a handful this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adfcfc100

Anyone hear from Philip Lee / Fieldfisher Internship

adfcfc100 wrote: »
    Rejections out for Dillon Eustace Interviews - Apparently they only took a handful this year

Sorry do you mind me asking if they phoned or sent an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Saw someone accepting a Philip lee summer internship

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Has anyone heard back from Maples post interview yet?

Nothing yet. Has anyone else heard anything? :)

• Advertisement

Anyone not heard back from DE yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ilovelaw1999

my friend got accepted to the de summer internship the other day on Tuesday I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Anyone not heard back from DE yet?

No, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sheepsleep

So none of the rest of us got that DE rejection talked about earlier? So odd. I’ve seen people interviewed after my DE interview for different firms and accepted/rejected already

sheepsleep wrote: »
    So none of the rest of us got that DE rejection talked about earlier? So odd. I’ve seen people interviewed after my DE interview for different firms and accepted/rejected already

Yeah the waiting has been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SJ108

Nothing yet. Has anyone else heard anything? :)

Offers were communicated via phone yesterday morning, I can confirm :)

I have seen some people post on LinkedIn about accepting an offer with Philip Lee, so you can reasonably assume that offers have gone out and PFO's to follow.

As for Fieldfisher, candidates got a call earlier this week with an interview timeslot. However, I believe that they only contact you if you have successfully been called to interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 123Law123

Are people still waiting to receive their TC offer letter from Matheson?

Hey guys, have any Matheson TC offer holders received their contracts yet?

• Advertisement

123Law123 wrote: »
    Are people still waiting to receive their TC offer letter from Matheson?

We posted this at the same time haha, glad to see I'm not alone. Still waiting on mine! :)

Advertisement