Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swarovski age

• 09-01-2021 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just wondering if any of you guys could help, my Swarovski el 8.5x42 serial no begins with L770. To find out the year of manufacturing according to the Swarovski website it says to add 30 to the first two digits which would be 107 , does that mean it was manufactured in Jan 2007 ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

77 + 30 = 07 (two digit format)
    So 2007 appears correct.
    Not sure where you are getting January from though. If it’s the 1 part of 107, that’s incorrect as that will always be a 1 for 70 through 99 numbers.

The remaining 7 digits after L77 is the sequence. So will give you the order it was produced in 2007. You’d need to know how many total that year to estimate the month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Did ya get the year? Was the above right, so other might know?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭leica

Above was spot on , I emailed Swarovski to see about getting them serviced and the told me (without me asking ) they were made in 2007 ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You'll probably get them serviced for free off them, I think they cover parts and labour for 30 years after purchase date.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

30 years after!!!!!

Some service if they do.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

leica wrote: »
    Above was spot on , I emailed Swarovski to see about getting them serviced and the told me (without me asking ) they were made in 2007 ,
    Nice one.

Good info for anyone else looking, so thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Cass wrote: »
    30 years after!!!!!

Some service if they do.

Yeah, they often do repairs for free outside of the 30 year warranty as well.

Vortex give a lifetime warranty on their scopes, no proof of purchase necessary.
    I bought a used one and damaged it through my own fault out hunting, it wasn't focusing properly all the time after the fall. I contacted them and told them straight up I had bought it second hand and it was my own fault it got damaged.

They asked a few questions about the fault, told me where to post it to and send me back a brand new updated version of the same model free. It took a few weeks alright but in the meantime I had bought a Sidewinder to keep me ticking over and have ended up sticking with the Sidewinders on all my rifles ever since.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

You are correct!!! They told me to send them to their uk branch and they will forward them to Austria, once the reach their premises in Austria the binos will be checked and repaired if needed , they normally don't charge for repair or service, (unless its run over by a tractor of course ) but told me to allow 4-5weeks because of shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just make sure you have the correct paperwork for sending something for repair. If it goes through the UK you could be in for a hefty customs bill otherwise on its return.

I forgot about that actually, I wonder would ya better sending them straight to Austria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

I had my EL binos sent over a few years back. Mike duggan in Killarney sorted it all out so no need to use the uk. He’ll do it for you.

Advertisement