Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top Gun: Maverick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Superbowl Spot:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Pushed back to Dec 23rd ,Christmas movie it is then

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May seem off topic, but I started watching the last Transformers webseries yesterday and one of the preludes is about Starscream.

Smiled when I heard the music because clearly whoever made it thought if it's about a jet, it has to have a very Top Gun like soundtrack

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

Had been excited for this film but forgot all about it due to it being postponed, that was untill the trailer popped on YouTube. Looks incredible and cannot wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Now releasing on November 19th

• Advertisement

Now releasing on November 19th

I was right about an xmas film, just got the year wrong :(

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

It's not out till November but Cruise, Miles Teller & Jennifer Connelly were on the Graham Norton show this week promoting it, that's a bit mad!
    Episode is not airing tonight because of Philly's passing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

robwen wrote: »
    It's not out till November but Cruise, Miles Teller & Jennifer Connelly were on the Graham Norton show this week promoting it, that's a bit mad!

Sure the new Bond movie's song is a year old at this point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sure the new Bond movie's song is a year old at this point.
    And the fact that it won a grammy before anyone has even seen the movie is an absolute farce.

Surely a song in that category has to be judged in conjunction with the visual media it is purporting to represent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

You may be assuming that those awards are much more than a marketing exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

robwen wrote: »

Graham saw it, needs to be seen on the big screen, IMAX

I'd always kind of assumed it's a big screen movie. I imagine the people who saw the first one in a cinema might be able to say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I just spotted Myles Teller's character in that "Real flying" video... call sign "Rooster" and that tashe? You have to presume he's going to be playing Goose's son?

Sleepy wrote: »
    I just spotted Myles Teller's character in that "Real flying" video... call sign "Rooster" and that tashe? You have to presume he's going to be playing Goose's son?

Yes he pretty much revealed it on GN

Didn't know Teller was in it until I saw that clip. Taking it as a positive, have liked him in everything I've seen him in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

M:I7 delayed as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Do we have an inkling why both have been pushed back? Cluttered schedule or just Delta anxiety in the US?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My first assumption was that Tom wants his full slice of the box office and the studio wants him to have it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And Jackass Forever too! The Paramount Push to 2022.

• Advertisement

Hollywood Reporter saying as much about the Box Office money..

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/top-gun-maverick-mission-impossible-7-release-date-tom-cruise-1235006871/

The date moves come as concerns over the coronavirus pandemic and its delta variant continue to hamper theater attendance and make putting tentpoles into cinemas a risky proposition for studios. Paramount, like other studios, regularly consults with epidemiologists on decisions such as this, and the studio is hopeful the box office will recover in 2022 when these films are now set to open.

"Paramount, like other studios, regularly consults with epidemiologists on decisions such as this"

This made me laugh. What a dystopian world we live in now!

FFS, we could be looking at a posthumous release at this stage!

interestingly concert tickets are selling in record times at the moment in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Today I learned a gosling is a young goose. They missed a trick with the casting.

Tom Cruise in an introduction to an American Football match this evening.

Combined with Top Gun Theme and Clips of the new film.

Enough to have me wanting another trailer, I'll say that much!

The Time is Now featuring Tom Cruise | AFC Championship Tease | CBS Sports

Superbowl night! Top Gun / Porsche ad.

Porsches going fast.. clips from the movie.. and The Music! .. awe yeah.. the music!

Top Gun: Maverick x Porsche

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Celebrate America HooRah energy with a German sports car 😁

Wikipedia's telling me this coat $152 million; now under the Hollywood Accounting rule of 2x the budget to break even - plus maybe some extra lost for the various delays - that's north of $300 million worldwide before this film makes money.

I'm dead curious to learn how this does; assuming the film's not a piece of ****, whether (Cruise + Nostalgia) - CoVid can pull a crowd. This still opening in China? Given previous issues over having a Taiwanese flag in the trailer (the horror).

• Advertisement

I'd say there's an additional element in there of Cruise gaining a heap of experience building on top of a franchise with Mission Impossible.

Staying somehow grounded to the original feel and yet building on it doesn't sound easy for sure.

Plus, there's got to be a weight of expectation from the fans of the original.

Anyway.. I've just googled for a theme for top gun maverick and listen to two versions.. no pressure to the producers 😁

Top Gun Maverick Theme - Epic Version

Top Gun Maverick (SoundTrack)

Advertisement