Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipknot - 3Arena - January 14th

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I left after the second last song did they not do the sit down and jump up thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭COH

I'm probably in the minority but I thought the sound tonight was awful - Slipknot put on a great show, the set list & energy was great but like many gigs in the Three Arena before the accoustics were garbage and left with a general sense of underwhelment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sic for the encore was just incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Sound did let it down a bit alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭adocholiday

COH wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority but I thought the sound tonight was awful - Slipknot put on a great show, the set list & energy was great but like many gigs in the Three Arena before the accoustics were garbage and left with a general sense of underwhelment.

The vocals were way too low and garbled and the bass was too high, the drums were way too dominant. I found myself a couple of times straining just to hear the guitars at some parts. Corey was drowned out a lot of the time. And I was at the sound desk where the sound should be spot on.

The last slipknot gig at the 3Arena with Korn was far better sound-wise. A real shame because the set list, energy & enthusiasm were incredible and the visuals and staging were top drawer too. I'm a massive slipknot fan and just left feeling a little disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Very disappointed. Prob be an unpopular opinion on here but I expected a lot lot more. I wouldn't even rank that gig in my top 10
    What more were you expecting, out of interest? They're a fairly Ronseal act so I'd be curious. Other than the ****e sound, of course!

How did Behemoth go down? We sold our tickets in the end because there's a lot going on and we couldn't quite make the deliberate angst of something like a Slipknot gig in Janurary but I find them of more interest nowadays...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I thought it was excellent although I am fairly biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

really enjoyed it, setlist seemed a little all over the place and some obvious omissions but show was fantastic and didnt have an issue with sound

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ye must have all been at a different show to me! The sound was absolutely appalling.

I have come to the conclusion that the sound is always **** at gigs now... Vocals always lost to drums

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭SteM

Well that was a smashing show.......fun, tremendous energy..... a top drawer evening.

If Alan Partridge did gig reviews.....

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I am not a fan,but just wondering is Jay Weinberg their drummer ? He is the son of Max Weinberg,the drummer with the E Street Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

I am not a fan,but just wondering is Jay Weinberg their drummer ? He is the son of Max Weinberg,the drummer with the E Street Band.

He surely is

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭kg703

Well.....

Long time fan, fourth time to see them and that was by far the worst. I had a great time, still ended up in pit and paying for that now. The sound was outrageous, I can't believe anyone saying the sound was fine we moved all around to see if anywhere was better and it was awful everywhere. I have videos and you can hear everything more then Corey.

I just said f it I'm enjoying this anyway

But probably the worst sound I've ever heard at a gig

And no spit it out :( or critical darling or orphan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I want at the gig this time around but pretty much any metal give I've been to has bad ****e sound, always an issue with the vocals no matter where I'm standing. Any other gig isn't an issue though which pisses me off because I know they can change it.

Was seated, 4 rows from the front, bang in the centre. Sound was grand for me. Vocals could have been slightly louder, but generally ok.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Amazing show by slipknot, set, energy, stage.

Sound was VERY bad, I had to look up the setlist to see what the second song was and move towards the back to hear better since I was near the front and could just see his mouth moving without hearing anything.

First time in my 16 years seeing them there was no spit it out, which was a shame since it was exactly 5 years to the day since they played last! Be a great intro to that song to mention that.

Where you gonna be in the next 5 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It was a bit of pain trying to find your seat when Behemoth were playing cause it was so dark. Was sitting in the wrong seat for the whole set ha. I ended up moving around for Slipknots set but ended up in block D

Found the set a little disappointing with no 'Devil and I' enjoyed Behemoth but not really into that kind of heavy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Have to agree with most for the first maybe 5 songs I couldn't hear a word that was sung, think they turned the vocals up after as it improved but not greatly.

Great energy on stage and the crowd was electric I got dragged into a few pit, I'm gone too old for that craic I was worried how the body was going to feel the next day all the way through but was a really enjoyable gig. Pity they didn't play heretic or spit it out.

Saw Devin Toner at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw Devin Toner at it

Yeah looked up from standing could see him in the 2nd row of what looked like Block D

• Advertisement

mightyreds wrote: »
    Yeah looked up from standing could see him in the 2nd row of what looked like Block D

Got help the person that was sitting behind him ha

Massive man

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

;-) 2nd row - perfect for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭flasher0030

yknaa wrote: »
    ;-) 2nd row - perfect for him

Beside the hooker!!!

He was just in front of me, block E, close! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

https://www.setlist.fm/concerts/Wrongway1985

Wrongway1985 fair gets about. You have only graced my presence once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wrongway1985 fair gets about. You have only graced my presence once.

Guilty :pac:

Enjoyed the night overall although only caught the last 4 songs from Behemoth as Luas was delayed and had to walk to entrance 1 but particularly if there's only one band on thought they'd get at least an hour so it was very abrupt for me knew when they started Chant that would be that. Slipknot had a great performance shame about the murkyish vocals where I was at the start, interesting setlist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Guilty :pac:

What was the big gap about between 2004 and 2010? I have created my own list but it is small because i am fussy with music.

On second look i notice that the 2011 increase was because of a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Mighty gig.

• Advertisement

What was the big gap about between 2004 and 2010?

To do with disposable income essentially :pac:

Advertisement