Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Together Now 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Happy enough with it thus far. Have seen (and really enjoyed) groove armada, goldfrapp, little dragon and mura masa before, so looking forward to them. Would check out Sinead O’Connor and Lauren Hill for the nostalgia. Watched a bit of Iggy pop at a festival in Belgium many moons ago, amazing showman but I don’t know many of his songs. Worth a look though.

Looking forward to doing some spotify research on the stuff I don’t know. Always find one or two acts that become must sees having never heard of them before!!

There’s also plenty more to be announced! Can’t wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They've got Marika Hackman and Tandem Felix fairly buried down the end of the list - two of the best names on there IMO.

There's a handful of very good acts in there tbf - it's just the top few lines that are little under-whelming IMO. Girl Band and Iggy Pop are both great bookings but had been announced previously so that would take the wind out of the sails a little when looking at this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Watched a bit of Iggy pop at a festival in Belgium many moons ago, amazing showman but I don’t know many of his songs. Worth a look though.

If you haven't you should check out the Stooges, I presume he'll do a few of them. Their album Raw Power is one my favourite albums ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Why so?

Selfishly i wanted to see a dedicated show in Dublin this year. We were skipped last time around. Theyre the standout on the ATN lineup announcement for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Wooderson wrote: »
    Selfishly i wanted to see a dedicated show in Dublin this year. We were skipped last time around. Theyre the standout on the ATN lineup announcement for me.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I guess if you had never seen any of these acts before, this would be a stellar line up.

For me, its still ok. Noting really "wow" in there. Groove Armada, Goldfrapp, Iggy, Mura Masa all put on good shows. Shame are a good live band and should have their second album out before this. Plenty of other good stuff in there also if a little lacking in imagination.

Edit.. but Lauren bleedin Hill ... wtaf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I think he was the very first act to play ATN? Certainly the first one I saw, 2018, in one of the tents, my first can in hand, sun blazing outside. I really enjoyed him. Played EP the same year on Body and Soul main stage, set ruined somewhat by a shower of show boating frisbee types. Anyway, he very good. Well worth a look. Lovely fella too, had a quick chat with him in Curraghmore.

Totally forgot about this! This must be how I "discovered" Oscar Jerome so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I wasn’t going back, I swore. But really excited to see Groove Armada announced. Just don’t know if it’s worth the potential traffic hell and the lack of other good stuff. Sunday was incredibly light and boring last year. Arghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

think it's a decent start. Haven't been listening to a lot of new music so I'm glad to know a few of the acts, even if I've seen a lot of them aleady.. was really hoping for Jaris Cocker last year so I'm glad to see him on the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭rubick

Jarvis was at EP last year but clashed with (I think) Sons of Kemet. Really glad he's on the bill.
    This will be my 4th time seeing King Gizzard and I cannot wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saw Jarvis last year but left after 45 mins or so. Tunes were good but he is an unconscionable pain in the hole. Just sing the songs and shut the **** up you sanctimonious self righteous dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Are we confident that there's a headliner (or two...) to come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I would be confident in saying that there is a headliner to be added

1. Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There is definitively a main headline act missing let's not forget that they added Orbital the week before last year so I am assuming that there is a headliner that is playing in Ireland elsewhere this summer and once that show is done they'll be announced. Fully expect the 2nd announcement to pad things out a bit more and maybe they've an ace or two kept back to give tickets a boost if required later. I'm relatively happy with that to be honest there is plenty there to keep me happy.

2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think line up splits among people going anyway and people going dependent on line up. After last year I'm in the line up category so will wait and see rest of line up.

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Whipping Boy

There is definitively a main headline act missing let's not forget that they added Orbital the week before last year so I am assuming that there is a headliner that is playing in Ireland elsewhere this summer and once that show is done they'll be announced. Fully expect the 2nd announcement to pad things out a bit more and maybe they've an ace or two kept back to give tickets a boost if required later. I'm relatively happy with that to be honest there is plenty there to keep me happy.

Suede would be amazing. Was convinced they'd be here

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭lc180

There is definitively a main headline act missing let's not forget that they added Orbital the week before last year so I am assuming that there is a headliner that is playing in Ireland elsewhere this summer and once that show is done they'll be announced.

With Aiken involved I wouldn't be completely surprised if one of the Iveagh Gardens acts or Galway Big Top acts gets added - Pixies, Caribou, James Blake or Flaming Lips. All seem to be completely free that weekend except Flaming Lips who are in Scotland on the Sunday.
      The logistics of playing Dublin / Galway then back to Ireland 2 weeks later probably doesnt make sense though.

6. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

The Nal wrote: »
      Saw Jarvis last year but left after 45 mins or so. Tunes were good but he is an unconscionable pain in the hole. Just sing the songs and shut the **** up you sanctimonious self righteous dickhead.

lol - harsh. Seen PULP and himself solo before and don't recall too much chat. He does ham it up it up a bit tho. All part of the act :0

7. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

lc180 wrote: »
      With Aiken involved I wouldn't be completely surprised if one of the Iveagh Gardens acts or Galway Big Top acts gets added - Pixies, Caribou, James Blake or Flaming Lips. All seem to be completely free that weekend except Flaming Lips who are in Scotland on the Sunday.
      The logistics of playing Dublin / Galway then back to Ireland 2 weeks later probably doesnt make sense though.

I will be surprised if the Frames are not the ones to be added.

8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Happy out with first announcement, few decent acts to pull my attention and allow me to explore the grounds.

Set up a playlist with mostly everyone, and will be adding more to it at a later stage
      https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5HqIRKfsvw7NeM2SegomoL?si=E13n1FOYRcOVORdbEYDKlQ&fbclid=IwAR3HiOaOOh_zi6MjtEOWt6jt_jhoqXxvUxdqM8QVRHRRjI_xjxZs0JqtdfY

9. Advertisement
    10. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a good shout, actually.

I was convinced they would have one or two more shows for the 30th anniversary but this might be why they haven't announced anything extra yet.

11. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭lc180

Makes way more sense! Good shout

12. Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

lc180 wrote: »
      Makes way more sense! Good shout

Please God, no!

13. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Who exactly are the headliners at this point bar maybe Groove Armada?

14. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gandalfio wrote: »

Lauryn Hill is definitely a headliner. Groove Armada probably. Iggy Pop is probably (hopefully) 2nd tier.

15. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Lauryn Hill is definitely a headliner. Groove Armada probably. Iggy Pop is probably (hopefully) 2nd tier.

Iggy is one of the 4 headliners I'd say, either Saturday before a dance act or Sunday to finish off.

16. Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Good question...:pac:

17. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,651 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Think it's a pretty okay line up to be honest:

King Gizzard
      Iggy Pop
      Lankum
      Shame
      Agnes Obel
      Goldfrapp
      Rufus Wainwright

18. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pretty decent first shout of acts, will add my pov in a while. :)

fb_img_1582533224845.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

19. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/blog/2020/2/21/atn20-chapter-three
      ATN blog says:

We have been working hard on our Traffic Management Plan with the invested parties to create a smooth journey to Curraghmore Estate for all our festival-goers and local residents. We’ve taken on board all the feedback from last year’s festival and are committed to making the experience better. A more detailed statement on our traffic plans will follow, but rest assured, we are working extensively behind the scenes to get it right.

I would say they need to get this 100% sorted. If not, this will be the end of this festival.

20. Advertisement
    21. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The press release email breaks it down like this so might give some insight. Looks like Iggy, Lauryn Hill, Mura Masa and Groove Armada for top billing for now.
      Chapter Three

IGGY POP * MS. LAURYN HILL * MURA MASA * GROOVE ARMADA LIVE

* SINEAD O'CONNOR * KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD

* JARVIS COCKER PRESENTS JARV IS... * RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

* GOLDFRAPP * LITTLE DRAGON * DIIV * GIRL BAND * LANKUM

* DJ KOZE * FLOATING POINTS LIVE * MANO LE TOUGH LIVE *

22. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I highly recommend DIIV, I'm actually heading to Brighton to see them this weekend as they hadn't announced an Irish date.

23. Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd say if they announced they were going back to traffic organisation similar to 2018, they would sell out. A bit of luck with the weather then, and I'd be happy out.

24. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

blaa85 wrote: »
      I'd say if they announced they were going back to traffic organisation similar to 2018, they would sell out. A bit of luck with the weather then, and I'd be happy out.

what was the traffic organisation in 2018?

25. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Competent

26. Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

what was the traffic organisation in 2018?

It was a lot smoother anyway, 25 mins from Waterford compared to 7 hours.

27. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

First year had a capacity of about 10-12k I think? Next year had around 20k. Must have not made any adjustments and just thought it would work out

28. Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭eplady2017

Gus Ivey wrote: »
      First year had a capacity of about 10-12k I think? Next year had around 20k. Must have not made any adjustments and just thought it would work out

Think this was exactly what happened. We left last year exactly same time as first year and took exactly same route but very very different experiences.

29. Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think half the problems they had last year stemmed from not opening gates till late morning and forcing too much traffic through carrick. I know at Electric Picnic they try bring traffic in from 3 directions, Dublin, Limerick/Cork and Southeast. They simply tried to funnel too much traffic through too few access points last year. I understand the site is difficult to access so there isn't 1 way to fix this, it's going to take lots of different initiatives.

30. Advertisement
    31. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

blaa85 wrote: »
      It was a lot smoother anyway, 25 mins from Waterford compared to 7 hours.
      what time was that at?
      we came off the M9 and onto the N25 around 1, and were setting up the tent by 2.

32. Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I had in mind that it was 15,000 capacity in 2018 growing to 20,000 last year...but an extra 5,000 couldn't possible have caused that much chaos (from no traffic at all to something akin to the end of days).

May have been that a lot of people arrived later on the Friday/Saturday AM in 2018, but following the success of the first year everyone decided to travel Friday lunchtime to get the most out of the weekend?

33. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

This piece in the Examiner shines a bit of a light on the traffic and site management. Gardaí said promoters "weren't responsive to requests" and Waterford Council raised fears about the site management.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/traffic-chaos-which-blighted-all-together-now-festival-could-have-been-avoided--gardai-969147.html
      AGS stated that on AGS instructions in relation to traffic matters on site had not been followed by the promoter or in certain instances the promoter had confirmed to AGS that instructions were being followed when in fact they weren’t,” the notes stated.

34. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think half the problems they had last year stemmed from not opening gates till late morning and forcing too much traffic through carrick. I know at Electric Picnic they try bring traffic in from 3 directions, Dublin, Limerick/Cork and Southeast. They simply tried to funnel too much traffic through too few access points last year. I understand the site is difficult to access so there isn't 1 way to fix this, it's going to take lots of different initiatives.
      funneling people through Carrick was definitely a problem. as I said above, we came all the way down the M9 and in from the south, rather than getting off earlier and going through Carrick and coming at the site from the north.
      When we came to the red car park, there were maybe 4 cars in front of us going in. Road was completely dead.

35. Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

what time was that at?
      we came off the M9 and onto the N25 around 1, and were setting up the tent by 2.

I'd say we left at 12, but we decided to follow the route that was provided thinking that would be the smoothest. Lesson learned!

36. Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Groove Armada is quite the tumble from underworld and orbital in the kinda classic dance headline slot.

That's personal opinion though I guess, as I find them to be as average as can be.

Lineup won't do anything to deter the event junkies who jumped on last year and kind of spoiled the vibe of it all, but will keep away some who absolutely loved year 1 and had high hopes for year 2.

Lauryn Hill though, depends on her mood. Miseducation ...is still a remarkably brilliant album and she should've been an absolute megastar given some of the complete tosh who've come and gone since and been huge

37. Advertisement
    38. Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

funneling people through Carrick was definitely a problem. as I said above, we came all the way down the M9 and in from the south, rather than getting off earlier and going through Carrick and coming at the site from the north.
      When we came to the red car park, there were maybe 4 cars in front of us going in. Road was completely dead.

We came the red route from Cork direction, so would have gone in the same way as you. We just hit it I'd say an hour too late, as we were flying along until around 1km from the entrance, then 2 hours to travel that 1km.

Mates were sitting down to lunch in Waterford as we hit the end of that queue but followed a google maps route (not in the traffic plans) and wound up right opposite the entrance with no traffic and in before us. I was raging because I was given the same route by google maps but decided to be a conscientious festival goer and stick to the approved plan!:P

Worse still, those mates knew people at the front of the Tangerine queue, so just stayed chatting and magically got checked in with them within about 20 mins of arrival....queue was 2 hours for us. We laughed about it later (and then I cried in my tent).

39. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

greenspurs wrote: »

Follow this , you will have NO traffic ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

40. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What plenty good electronic music from the line up are you interested in?

Groove Armada, Floating Points, DJ Koze, Honey Dijon, Mano le Tough, Christian Loffler, Mura Masa (although not a huge fan myself)

All decent dance acts to get the ball rolling IMO. Would also like to see Little Dragon, Goldfrapp, Sinead O'Connor, Georgia and a couple of others like DIIV, King Gizzard, Shame and probably more that I will listen to a bit in the coming weeks.

Bit unclear who the headliners are I guess, presumably Lauren Hill, Groove Armada and Iggy Pop. I'm not sure if any bigger acts will be added but hopefully they will get one or two of a similar level at least.

2nd announcement last year had:
      Bombay Bicycle Club
      John Grant
      Moodymann
      Anna Calvi
      Gus Dapperton
      Tourist
      Pussy Riot
      KOKOKO!
      Black Midi
      Rimon
      The Claque
      The Wailers
      Little Green Cars

and Orbital came the week of the festival. A similar type announcement again and I would be happy, but the headliners will be weak enough. They had to cut back on money somewhere I suppose.

41. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Groove Armada, Floating Points, DJ Koze, Honey Dijon, Mano le Tough, Christian Loffler, Mura Masa (although not a huge fan myself)

All decent dance acts to get the ball rolling IMO. Would also like to see Little Dragon, Goldfrapp, Sinead O'Connor, Georgia and a couple of others like DIIV, King Gizzard, Shame and probably more that I will listen to a bit in the coming weeks.

Bit unclear who the headliners are I guess, presumably Lauren Hill, Groove Armada and Iggy Pop. I'm not sure if any bigger acts will be added but hopefully they will get one or two of a similar level at least.

2nd announcement last year had:
      Bombay Bicycle Club
      John Grant
      Moodymann
      Anna Calvi
      Gus Dapperton
      Tourist
      Pussy Riot
      KOKOKO!
      Black Midi
      Rimon
      The Claque
      The Wailers
      Little Green Cars

and Orbital came the week of the festival. A similar type announcement again and I would be happy, but the headliners will be weak enough. They had to cut back on money somewhere I suppose.
      Yeah, that was a good second announcement. Something like that would bulk things out a lot.

42. Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Weepsie wrote: »
      Groove Armada is quite the tumble from underworld and orbital in the kinda classic dance headline slot.
      That's what I thought, too. They're a bit of a nobody else in town booking. Prodigy, Chemical Bros, Orbital, Leftfield, Underworld etc all gave the world at least one classic album - not just dance album.

GA have those tunes that are in car adverts.

You'd bop around to them when your langers, but it'd be rare to meet someone who'd actively count themselves a big fan.

43. Advertisement
    Advertisement