Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yup went home at lunch - did stand up - actually got the final stretch (quite proud of that one!) and I feel great!

My birthday tomorrow so I would say I will fall off the healthy wagon for a day or 2 - but f*ckit - Live life at 90%...amiright!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Where's the best/cheapest place to order it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Where's the best/cheapest place to order it?

ddpyoga.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

so a week in and am actually surprised as to how good i've found it.

you would definitely work up a sweat doing it.

hows everyone else getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Have to get back into a proper routine for this I feel. I only do it once a week.

FYI for those looking for a heart rate monitor there is one on livingsocial at the moment. 15€

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/727022-pulse-heart-rate-monitor-watch

It's not a renewal link :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

inhale, tensssshun

aaaaaat ease
    :cool:

I would advise againsty that HRM on living social - you need an immediate heart rate to check if you are in your zone - if you have to stop what you are doing and wait the three seconds - doesn't that automatically slow your heart rate to a degree - giving you an incorrect reading?

one of the oness with the chest strap are what you need! (says the guy who has been doing DDP ypga for a few months with no HRM at all! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just ordered Pack 1 and the heart monitor, looking forward to this now. Entertainment, lols and work out all in one. Will be using this on days its to wet to walk to the gym(most days)

Just FYI for those interested $20 off the monitor when bought with a pack and 10% off everything else using voucher code ddpbang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Thinking about getting this lads. Just a question, is being shipped from the US and am I liable for any import duty or anything like that? Have my finger on buy now and just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Unless you can get them to mark it as a gift, you will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

jamc wrote: »
    Unless you can get them to mark it as a gift, you will be.

i just ordered it as normal and didnt get stung for the import tax

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your after a heart rate monitor the Polar FT2 has 32% off the rrp at the moment on amazon uk, it has a good review from men's healthy.
    Starting this myself once it arrives, ordered it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Bummed out of yoga for a good while got a fractured left ring ringer from a football accident I feel bad when I don't do it now

Pingi wrote: »
    Just ordered Pack 1 and the heart monitor, looking forward to this now. Entertainment, lols and work out all in one. Will be using this on days its to wet to walk to the gym(most days)

Just FYI for those interested $20 off the monitor when bought with a pack and 10% off everything else using voucher code ddpbang

Got billed today €110 for pack 1, heart monitor and delivery GRAND.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You'd need a heat monitor after spending €110

rovert wrote: »
    You'd need a heat monitor after spending €110

Ill download the rest later to balance it out don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is this more of a weight loss thing than getting fitter and toning up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is this more of a weight loss thing than getting fitter and toning up?

More toning and fitness with weight loss benefits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

I never bothered with a heart monitor, I just go full blast at it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see there are beginner, intermediate and advanced. Is everyone meant to start at beginner or do you just start with the level you think you'd be comfortable with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I think the beginner one is enough for most people unless you're super duper fit and strong, It's tough enough. The intermediate would be a nice addition to have as well for variety.

Personally I think the advanced was a waste of money, it's not as well put together as the other discs, he shows you some advanced moves but he said he was filming for 7 hours or so and you can tell he's struggling with some of them and the blonde bimbo in the main workout looks like she doesn't have a clue. The sound and picture don't compare and the main workout won't be getting done unless you're a maniac! The only thing I'm taking from it is the tutorials on the forearm standing bit just cos it looks cool and I wanna be able to bust it out at a party or something lol!

How's it going for everybody, just done my first diamond dozen, they training regime doesn't look to strict, only 3 times a week, is it enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I've done the Diamond Dozen and although its a bit stiff in the morning, I can't see how it benefits weightloss in anyway from just doing a few stretches!

It looks like you have to follow the diet if you want weight loss, I do but I also want flexibility just as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Does anybody have the diet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I've done the Diamond Dozen and although its a bit stiff in the morning, I can't see how it benefits weightloss in anyway from just doing a few stretches!
    Diamond dozen is just showing you the ropes, when you hit the others you will get a good cardio workout, particularly when you do the diamond cutter one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Did this on and off for a while, have a bit of weight on that I need to shift so time to get back at it.

I had sciatica ( pain from trapped nerves in my back) , the doc prescribed anti inflammatory tabs but the pain came back as soon as i stopped taking them. A friend recommended yoga, and being the alpha male macho beast that I am, decided that only yoga by a pro wrestler would be manly enough for me.

no word of a lie, within a week it was like my back problem never existed - during a few of the exercises, (cat arch, to safety etc, ) I could acutally feel my vertebrae clicking into place.

While I've found that it wont make you lose weight all on its own, what it does do (in my own experience) is really help all those niggling aches and pains you pick up from exercising whilst overweight , like lower back pain from running on a hard surface etc.

How's it going for everybody, just done my first diamond dozen, they training regime doesn't look to strict, only 3 times a week, is it enough?

I did that for about a week - then went to dailys! basically as DDP says all the time "make it your own", do whatever you feel comfortable with!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I did that for about a week - then went to dailys! basically as DDP says all the time "make it your own", do whatever you feel comfortable with!
    I do it 3-4 times a week, don't do the diet side much, more for advice on what to eat more or less of and have dropped 1 stone in 3 ish months. The only other exercise I do is walking.

Like other posters have said defo feel more flexible and pain in my knees has gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Good to see so many people giving it a go.

I do it pretty much every day on top of using an exercise bike and a bit of weights (but not a lot) I'd say I do 80% cardio/ddp to 20% weights because my main goal is fat loss. I don't think you would see tremendous results in terms of fat loss just by doing a fat burner 3 times a week, but I'm sure if you ramp it up and do the diet you'll slowly see results. It really does increase flexibility and builds strength.

Personally I don't follow the diet simply because I like my food too much, you will never see me sitting with a bowl of salad (that's what food eats) but I have cut down the amount I eat and cut out pretty much all junk food. I haven't even ate bread for months and am surprised by how little I miss it because I used to be a toast fiend, I've only had a few baps when I've been to bbq's in the recent good weather.

I've started getting compliments about how much I've lost which trust me makes the suffering worthwhile! I don't use scales religiously and am going more by how I look and feel but at last check I was over 2 and a half stone down since end of March/Start of April, I did have a week or 2 recently where I fell off the wagon and ate too much and didn't move enough so I'm gutted that I should be further on but it's not about how many times you fall down, It's about how many times you get back up! Been fully focused again now the past couple weeks!

Advertisement