Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Mine shipped on Friday so hoping it arrives soon.

Was it by post or courier Goldberg?
    I got home from dropping the kids to school to find the other half reading the book, so not sure im afraid. But it didnt take too long to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

still going through this myself, I feel so much more energised after doing it - currently on fat burner, but will be combining that with red hot core later on!

As I said his enthusiasm is infectious - it doesnt get old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

What is everyones favorite workout? I've been doing energy and fat burned but I'd like a kinda all round one so I can just do the same one every second day (with a bike workout the days I'm not doing yoga). ATM I've lost a bit of weight and my arms, chest, legs, butt etc have all toned up a lot but my stomach not so much.

I'd like to just have the one dvd and workout so I can get into a routine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How difficult is it? and how long do you need to spend on it a day?

Iv never done Yoga before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

GRMA wrote: »
    What is everyones favorite workout? I've been doing energy and fat burned but I'd like a kinda all round one so I can just do the same one every second day (with a bike workout the days I'm not doing yoga). ATM I've lost a bit of weight and my arms, chest, legs, butt etc have all toned up a lot but my stomach not so much.

I'd like to just have the one dvd and workout so I can get into a routine

Diamond cutter + red hot core mainly because I don't feel i've done enough if i do the short ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Lost a stone on it since January. Savage stuff. I do it 6 days a week, usually Diamond Cutter or the Double Black Diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Sounds savage lads. Fair play to you all. Have you lads changed your diet much doing the yoga? BANG!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just received mine this morning. Took about a week and a half to arrive. Just finished my normal workout so I'm fu*ked but I'll stick it on this afternoon and take a look!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got mine this morning as well. The book wrecks my head as an English teacher (so many exclaimation marks :S) but it is motivating. Looking forward to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EdK wrote: »
    Diamond cutter + red hot core mainly because I don't feel i've done enough if i do the short ones

thats what I do, I hurt my wrist so havent done it lately but getting back into it this week so will restart with the diamond dozen and red hot core and take it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

For those doing it, from looking at the vids it struck me that you'd almost need someone there with ya to check your form, cos otherwise it could be very easy to position yourself wrong. Is this necessary or does it matter if you're a bit off (and i dont mean bending knees or coming forward for lunges).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

For those doing it, from looking at the vids it struck me that you'd almost need someone there with ya to check your form, cos otherwise it could be very easy to position yourself wrong. Is this necessary or does it matter if you're a bit off (and i dont mean bending knees or coming forward for lunges off).

I guess I could ask my girlfriend to show me how to "Hulk it out" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I guess I could ask my girlfriend to show me how to "Hulk it out" ;)

That did look like the hardest part alright :pac:

but seriously, lining up your hips and knees and keeping a straight spine for broken table when you are starting out looks like it could be easy to get into the wrong position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

but seriously, lining up your hips and knees and keeping a straight spine for broken table when you are starting out looks like it could be easy to get into the wrong position.

Yup, some of them alright I think it would be handy if you had a mirror or something.

I took a pic of myself just bending over at the waist to compare how flexible I'd be after a few weeks, try that to make sure anything involving your back is done right.

Regards to the correct form, I guess that question could be applied to any type of exercise you do on your own. Just have to try and concentrate on getting it right.

Just done the Diamond Dozen there, it's definitely harder than it looks in terms of effort and the workout it gives you.

The pushups are good.

Yeah I liked them and the Road Warrior ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does anyone wear a heart rate monitor? Or are there any good deals about on them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

CMpunked wrote: »
    Does anyone wear a heart rate monitor? Or are there any good deals about on them?

The whole point of DDP yoga is to use a heart monitor to check if your in a "fat burning zone", and if not, to get into it. Your pretty much wasting your time otherwise. They are about €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Tinie wrote: »
    The whole point of DDP yoga is to use a heart monitor to check if your in a "fat burning zone", and if not, to get into it. Your pretty much wasting your time otherwise. They are about €50.

I wouldn't go that far,personally I don't have one i just put the effort in all the way through and don't go easy on any of it so I should always be working hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

CMpunked wrote: »

eBay have them for around €15 plus p&p. Argos have decent ones for around €25-35. These are the watches by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

watches reallyonly give oyu an AVERAGE heart rate - not your current one - so "zone checks" are fairly impossible - you really need one with the chest strap and watch......having said that I don''t have one yet - really should get on that!

Just finished the first go on it.

I feel like I've had a good workout, but I don't feel dead (as is typical when, say, I do some time on a treadmill). There were a few moves that really caused my body to object (my bad hip threw a fit on broken table), but otherwise it was enjoyable.

I wouldn't mind getting the heart monitor, but I spent my last money on getting the DVD tbh. Will try and get on soon enough.

Just finished the first go on it.

I feel like I've had a good workout, but I don't feel dead (as is typical when, say, I do some time on a treadmill). There were a few moves that really caused my body to object (my bad hip threw a fit on broken table), but otherwise it was enjoyable.

I wouldn't mind getting the heart monitor, but I spent my last money on getting the DVD tbh. Will try and get on soon enough.

That's why I like it, you feel like you've done positive stuff afterwards but dont feel half dead, it's worth doing red hot core at the end too its only 10 mins long but you def feel it the next day, not in a "christ I can't stand" way but in an everythings tighter way.

Well, my abdomen area is in bits all day today. Those backwards stretches have worked muscles that I've not worked in a very long time. Hoping it's the "good" type of pain though, and am looking forward to starting the program offically on Monday.

Yeah I'm feeling it in my abdomen today. I've only done the diamond dozen twice and energy twice. Will probably do fat burner in the morning then follow the program from Monday.

Pleasently surprised my back isn't hurting as I get a bit of a bad back now and again and have pretty bad posture.

It definitely makes you work and you can feel it but not in the bad way where you dread doing it again. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Have been following this thread for a bit and all the enthusiasm and reviews have me sold. Going to order today.

Did you guys just go for Pack 1 (which I think I'll go for... just looking for a kick in the ass to start getting fit again)? Or is it worth it to just get a combo pack now? :)

I jumped right in and bought the whole package, I'm determined to do the forearm stand thing (forget it's name) by the end of the year. To be fair though there's plenty in the first pack to keep you going for a while, 6 workouts including a tutorial on the main moves, a 20 min workout to get you going, lower body workout, core workout and a 50 min workout that looks killer.

What ever you get it will keep you busy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Andy_rse wrote: »
    I jumped right in and bought the whole package, I'm determined to do the forearm stand thing (forget it's name) by the end of the year. To be fair though there's plenty in the first pack to keep you going for a while, 6 workouts including a tutorial on the main moves, a 20 min workout to get you going, lower body workout, core workout and a 50 min workout that looks killer.

What ever you get it will keep you busy.

How much is it for a beginner package?does it help improve stamina?im really thinking of buying it

Advertisement